Laudate_Dominum Posted July 18, 2005 Author Posted July 18, 2005 Yeah, we are bombarded with so much nonsense propaganda, I tend to be skeptical toward phishy statements regarding controversial subjects. If there are people lobbying against it, there is a good chance there are people doing everything they can to spread propaganda about it. I was reading yesterday about how fish love and are intelligent, and even use tools!! Therefore we shouldn't eat fish, they are just like us.. It takes some serious propaganda to convince people of that nonsense, but they actually succeed. My favourite part is that one tract would make you love fish as if they were your family member, and another tract would talk about how filthy and repulsive fish are, making them sound like they are poisonous to make you never want to eat fish again. Are they cute and fluffy, or filthy and disgusting? As long as you go with their agenda of not eating fish I doubt they care what you think.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 18, 2005 Posted July 18, 2005 Ya know, I have a 20 gallon fish tank and I don't seen any tools floating around in there. In fact, I'm willing to bet if I tossed in a tiny screw driver the only thing they'd try to do is eat it.
bx_racer Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 18 2005, 02:32 PM']bah, that's just because of the puritan culture that's developed here. kids should grow up drinking alchohol... Jesus did, most kids in Europe do... it's unjust to have any drinking age at all- the drinking age itself is the cause of people drinking irresponsibly. but yeah, that's our messed up culture for you... it's because it's built upon the sand of protestantism. taste changes as you get older only because we've unwisely structured our culture that way [right][snapback]648464[/snapback][/right] [/quote] 1. so the drinking age isn't morally binding? 2. drunkness = u dont remember anything or pass out right?
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 [quote name='bx_racer' date='Jul 18 2005, 08:30 PM'] 2. drunkness = u dont remember anything or pass out right? [right][snapback]648730[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Wrong. If you look back at some of the other posts in this thread you'll see that drunkenness begins when you begin to lose control of your faculties, ability to reason, etc. (I am sure someone else will better explain it than I can). Not being able to remember, passing out, or getting sick is when you crossed the line into "drunk" quite a few drinks ago.
Ash Wednesday Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 Oh, and one more warning: too much alcohol can make you fat. I just realized how strange I must seem giving warnings about the pitfalls of booze. Look at my avatar. :haha: Papa Ratzi's always been a disciplined gentleman, though.
cmotherofpirl Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jul 18 2005, 08:36 PM']Wrong. If you look back at some of the other posts in this thread you'll see that drunkenness begins when you begin to lose control of your faculties, ability to reason, etc. (I am sure someone else will better explain it than I can). Not being able to remember, passing out, or getting sick is when you crossed the line into "drunk" quite a few drinks ago. [right][snapback]648747[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Well my memory is long gone [who are you again?] but I don't pass out, get sick or have hangovers, I curl up in a corner and go to sleep.
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 19, 2005 Author Posted July 19, 2005 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Jul 18 2005, 08:18 PM']Oh, and one more warning: too much alcohol can make you fat. I just realized how strange I must seem giving warnings about the pitfalls of booze. Look at my avatar. :haha: Papa Ratzi's always been a disciplined gentleman, though. [right][snapback]648815[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Dude, your avatar is the coolest thing I've seen in... months probably. I love it.
bx_racer Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 alright, so i guess the limit is where you can dance without being embarrased and do stupid stuff but not like where your hand starts moving by itself and feel sick or what?
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 19, 2005 Author Posted July 19, 2005 This is the answer: [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jul 18 2005, 07:36 PM']Wrong. If you look back at some of the other posts in this thread you'll see that drunkenness begins when you begin to lose control of your faculties, ability to reason, etc. (I am sure someone else will better explain it than I can). Not being able to remember, passing out, or getting sick is when you crossed the line into "drunk" quite a few drinks ago. [right][snapback]648747[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Aloysius Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 [quote name='bx_racer' date='Jul 18 2005, 08:30 PM']1. so the drinking age isn't morally binding? [right][snapback]648730[/snapback][/right] [/quote] some people say it is... I used to be one of them... numbered among those I know who think it is not morally binding are ME, and the person who convinced me: Don John of Austria
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 19, 2005 Author Posted July 19, 2005 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 19 2005, 01:29 AM']some people say it is... I used to be one of them... numbered among those I know who think it is not morally binding are ME, and the person who convinced me: Don John of Austria [right][snapback]649333[/snapback][/right] [/quote] that's phat.. have any quotes or anything? And note that John in Spanish is Juan, therefore, Don Juan of Austria.. Man, he must have been cool.
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 19, 2005 Author Posted July 19, 2005 Don Juan de Austria, a noble bastard child, and one of my heroes,
jmjtina Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 (edited) Juan is spanish AND Mexican......your right. all mescans don't believe in an age limit for drinking. Edited July 19, 2005 by jmjtina
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 19, 2005 Author Posted July 19, 2005 On a side note, I heard that Knights of the Holy Sepulchre, to this day are permitted by special dispensation, to ride horses into Church. Not only that, but they have the faculty to legitimize bastards!
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 19, 2005 Author Posted July 19, 2005 [quote name='jmjtina' date='Jul 19 2005, 01:41 AM']Juan is spanish AND Mexican......your right. all mescans don't believe in an age limit for drinking. [right][snapback]649347[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Tinita! que tal chica!?
jmjtina Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 19 2005, 12:42 AM']On a side note, I heard that Knights of the Holy Sepulchre, to this day are permitted by special dispensation, to ride horses into Church. Not only that, but they have the faculty to legitimize bastards! [right][snapback]649348[/snapback][/right] [/quote] :rotfl: you have alot of wierd sidenotes that crack me up! are you drinking?
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 19, 2005 Author Posted July 19, 2005 In 1553, Pope Julius III, gave the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem powers; 1. to legitimize bastards; 2.to change a name given in baptism; 3.to pardon prisoners they might meet on the way to the scaffold; 4.to possess goods belonging to the Church even though they were laymen; 5.to be exempt from all taxes; 6.to cut down a man found hanging on a gallows and order him to be given a Christian burial; 7.to wear brocaded silk garments reserved for knights and doctors; 8.to enter a church on horseback; 9.to fight against the Infidel. These privileges were approved by successive Popes, with the last privilege omitted by Pope Benedict XIV. Claiming to be the oldest Order in Christendom, the Order of the Holy Sepulchre held a high esteem. And yes, I'm drinking. But this is a quote from an official source.
Aloysius Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 19 2005, 02:40 AM']Don Juan de Austria, a noble bastard child, and one of my heroes, [right][snapback]649345[/snapback][/right] [/quote] lol sorry, that's Don John of Austria of Phatmass! :rotfl:
jmjtina Posted July 19, 2005 Posted July 19, 2005 Aw, you amaze me with your sidenote knowledge. man, do I have to drink to have your brain as well? oyes, seanito, long time no see.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now