BeenaBobba Posted July 31, 2005 Posted July 31, 2005 Well, I hate to say this, but nothing surprises me with them anymore. Nothing at all, really.
BeenaBobba Posted July 31, 2005 Posted July 31, 2005 Clowns have always creeped me out. Too much[i] It[/i], maybe.
journeyman Posted July 31, 2005 Posted July 31, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 22 2005, 10:43 AM'] QUOTE(Didacus @ Jul 22 2005, 10:31 AM) In my church, children from the age of 5-10 are taken aside and brougt in a seperate room for their own little 'mass', is this wrong? (They leave before the scriptures are read and return after the priest's 'homilie' - english? They receive the body of Christ as every one does (if they have had their first communion of course). * We have this too, and from what I understand, it is acceptable... as long as it is not done every week year round. <snip> [right][snapback]654216[/snapback][/right] [/quote] We also have a Children's Liturgy of the Word . . . I think it is limited to children who have not yet received their First Communion . . . HSMom, why would it not be acceptable if done every week?
journeyman Posted July 31, 2005 Posted July 31, 2005 and getting back on topic . . . they never did that when I was attending the Episcopal Church . . . Of course, when I was attending regularly, they still used the 1928 Book of Common Prayer, hadn't gotten around to ordaining women, and were called JV Catholics . . . Oh, no, it's all my fault . . . I married a Catholic, started attending Mass, and the Episcopal Church (USA) went straight down the drain . . . . . . Seriously, I think the earlier posters have it pretty much right with the concept of "entertainment" in order to draw the people into the church - but that's a real tough line to draw and steer clear of crossing . . . and it appears from others more familiar with modern history that our Church has crossed the line a few times as well. Chalk it up to good intentions - poor execution?
Pio Nono Posted July 31, 2005 Posted July 31, 2005 JMJ 7/31 - Eighteenth Sunday To the tune of "The Church's One Foundation".... [i]Our church has no foundation And fat ol' Henry's dead! If you're looking for doctrine Look to Rome instead! We high, we're low, we're 'tween, Yes, even in-between, And if you want some doctrine It's ne'er to be seen![/i]
homeschoolmom Posted July 31, 2005 Posted July 31, 2005 [quote name='journeyman' date='Jul 31 2005, 11:03 AM']HSMom, why would it not be acceptable if done every week? [right][snapback]666222[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I don't know, but I think I read that somewhere. I guess you want the children to learn to sit through an entire mass once in a while...? Ours is for any child willing to go to something called "Children's Liturgy."
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 31, 2005 Author Posted July 31, 2005 The idea of a "Children's Mass" make me cringe.. If I elaborate too much I might be at risk of being dubbed "phishy"
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 31, 2005 Author Posted July 31, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 31 2005, 02:51 PM']Well, then don't.... [right][snapback]666380[/snapback][/right] [/quote] as you wish. hehe
Socrates Posted July 31, 2005 Posted July 31, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 31 2005, 03:27 AM']IAlso, a friend of mine was at that cathedral lately, and while it looks beautiful from what I've seen, he said that some of the statues and things are really bizzare. For example, he mentioned seeing a representation of a man copulating a deer. I don't see how that fits in with Christianity. [right][snapback]666007[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Serious? Maybe it just represents inclusiveness towards alternative lifestyles. Edited July 31, 2005 by Socrates
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 31, 2005 Author Posted July 31, 2005 [quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 31 2005, 03:12 PM'] Serious? Maybe it just represents inclusiveness towards alternative lifestyles. [right][snapback]666397[/snapback][/right] [/quote] sadly. I think it's just a sign of the perversion that has been taking place within that church.
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 31 2005, 04:27 AM']I read that they actually have a "parish clown" who hangs around. Also, a friend of mine was at that cathedral lately, and while it looks beautiful from what I've seen, he said that some of the statues and things are really bizzare. For example, he mentioned seeing a representation of a man copulating a deer. I don't see how that fits in with Christianity. [right][snapback]666007[/snapback][/right] [/quote] What!? Leviticus 18:23. Edited August 1, 2005 by thedude
Spiritual_Arsonist Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='Jul 22 2005, 07:26 PM']I don't let the actions of Episcopalians bother me. [right][snapback]655006[/snapback][/right] [/quote] This is probably the best way to deal with this. I must admit, these photos are a hoot, no pun intended, lol.
Paladin D Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 31 2005, 04:27 AM']Also, a friend of mine was at that cathedral lately, and while it looks beautiful from what I've seen, he said that some of the statues and things are really bizzare. For example, he mentioned seeing a representation of a man copulating a deer. I don't see how that fits in with Christianity. [right][snapback]666007[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Now that is art. (I'm kidding) The whole clown mass ordeal is rather... disturbing.
Spiritual_Arsonist Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Aug 1 2005, 01:45 AM']This thread = [right][snapback]666934[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Ohhhh C'mon! Who wouldn't want to go to a "service" with clowns all over the place???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now