Guest T-Bone Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 Sure....make the hypoglicemics feel left out.
Soldier4Him Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Diabetics MUST unite!!!!! I'm here Mrs Bro!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 2, 2005 Author Posted August 2, 2005 I suppose we could use this thread as a support group?
Jaime Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 Apparently you are just too sweet for your own good Teresa. Two words Skinny Cow Ice cream bars
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 2, 2005 Author Posted August 2, 2005 Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bars? I have trouble keeping my BG under 200
Christie_M Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 now look what you did j. you made her cry :sadder:jk
Jaime Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Aug 2 2005, 08:43 AM']Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bars? I have trouble keeping my BG under 200 [right][snapback]668439[/snapback][/right] [/quote] They're made with Splenda. They are only 14 grams of carbs! Also, if you can get a 1/4 teaspoon of cinamon into your diet daily, it greatly reduces your fasting bloodsugar. I end up putting a 1/4 teaspoon in my coffee maker. I have to add Splenda to cut the sharpness of the cinamon but it does make a difference!!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 2, 2005 Author Posted August 2, 2005 Really?! Wonder what that is?! I guess I can have cinnamon toast in the morning now
Jaime Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Aug 2 2005, 09:03 AM']Really?! Wonder what that is?! I guess I can have cinnamon toast in the morning now [right][snapback]668446[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Well I would advise against that. Bread makes blood sugar go the wrong way.
Jaime Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 No one slice isn't going to hurt you. I've tried to limit the amount of bread I eat every day to one or two servings tops. Also (and this may just be me) I've had to eliminate potatoes completely. ooohhhh potatoes... that intoxicating aroma...... (slaps face) Sorry, where was I?
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 2, 2005 Author Posted August 2, 2005 That's an idea. I should try cinnamon toast in the mornings to get the cinnamon in. Yeah for 'free foods' such as cinnamon!
Brother Adam Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 you said a 'fasting' bsl reading. but then does it actually lower the reading, or does it just mask the true bsl?
Jaime Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Aug 2 2005, 09:27 AM']you said a 'fasting' bsl reading. but then does it actually lower the reading, or does it just mask the true bsl? [right][snapback]668467[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Your bloodsugar in the morning is very telling. That's what I'm referring to as the "fasting bsl". Insulin is produced while we sleep. If your fasting bloodsugar goes down consistently (eventually to between 80-100) that's all good news. When Teresa tests first thing in the morning, if that number keeps going down every day, she's making progress!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 2, 2005 Author Posted August 2, 2005 My number keeps decreasing in the evening number....what i mean by that is, my numbers are lower than they've ever been, but my morning readings are often higher than my evening readings
Jaime Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Aug 2 2005, 09:32 AM']My number keeps decreasing in the evening number....what i mean by that is, my numbers are lower than they've ever been, but my morning readings are often higher than my evening readings [right][snapback]668469[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Don't worry. I got that a lot too. Its natural. You may have a spike in the morning for a while until you get it under control. It doesn't mean its not working. If your stomach is empty you're liver will also produce sugars at night.(bad bad liver) What can be helpful is to have a little bit of popcorn before you go to bed. It takes a long time for the body to process popcorn so it stays in the digestive system. Thus the liver does not react to the empty stomach and produce sugars.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 2, 2005 Author Posted August 2, 2005 Interesting...do you have it buttered..or plain?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now