Jaime Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Aug 2 2005, 09:39 AM']Interesting...do you have it buttered..or plain? [right][snapback]668474[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Well prior to being diabetic, it would covered in chocolate and gravy. Buttered doesn't hurt
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 2, 2005 Author Posted August 2, 2005 Ok...I'm new to all this...I greatly appreciate your advice!
Jaime Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 any non diabetics out there reading this thread popcorn covered in chocolate and/or gravy is wonderful!!!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 2, 2005 Author Posted August 2, 2005 yes.those who aren't diabetic....you'd better savor every once of taste from those majorly sugarly treats!
philothea Posted August 2, 2005 Posted August 2, 2005 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Aug 2 2005, 09:55 AM']yes.those who aren't diabetic....you'd better savor every once of taste from those majorly sugarly treats! [right][snapback]668489[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Heh. I had a soft cinnamon pretzel today in celebration of my ability to regulate my blood sugar. (I am sick almost continually... but my blood sugar and lipids are fabulous. )
Soldier4Him Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 silly mrs bro...there's no such thing as a "god pretzel". anywho, j and mrs bro u both are type 2 then. all this crazy talk is killing me. i just stab myself with a needle and take care a' thos nasty things called carbs with man made insulin not made by me! works wonders!
Paladin D Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 Splenda is a much safer, and healthier alternative sweetner than Aspartame.
Christie_M Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Paladin D' date='Aug 3 2005, 09:58 PM']Splenda is a much safer, and healthier alternative sweetner than Aspartame. [right][snapback]671023[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Aspartame couses cancer. and I'm alergic to it...I think. Edited August 4, 2005 by Christie_M
Old_Joe Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 There are recipe books you can buy for people with Type II diabetes.
Guest T-Bone Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Aug 2 2005, 08:31 AM']Your bloodsugar in the morning is very telling. That's what I'm referring to as the "fasting bsl". Insulin is produced while we sleep. If your fasting bloodsugar goes down consistently (eventually to between 80-100) that's all good news. When Teresa tests first thing in the morning, if that number keeps going down every day, she's making progress! [right][snapback]668468[/snapback][/right] [/quote] My fasting level is around 30-40.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 4, 2005 Author Posted August 4, 2005 Well...I'm on my way to test my blood sugar! Be right back with my results!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 4, 2005 Author Posted August 4, 2005 Took it: 198. Down from 209! I tried eating popcorn last night. Looks like it worked! Thank you, hot stuff!
Soldier4Him Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 score! welcome to the normal zone! yay for #'s in the 100's! go mrs bro!
Guest T-Bone Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 That should have been between 70-80. 30-40 is the lowest I've been.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 5, 2005 Author Posted August 5, 2005 I'm still working on it.... *Stoopid blood sugar*
Brother Adam Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 30-40 sounds dangerously low. 90-110 is a good target range.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now