An Old School Catholic Message Board

Length & Time of Conversion

White Knight

AlterDominicus

[quote name='philothea' date='Aug 3 2005, 07:18 AM']Sounds to me like you are doing everything right.

You might want to consider joining an RCIA class.  It doesn't commit you to anything other than studying Catholicism, but if you decided to convert you would be able to join the Church next Easter.  From what I'm seeing in bulletins, RCIA classes are beginning to form around now.

The reason I suggest this is twofold.  First, the formal study may bring up topics you haven't considered, or help answer questions you still haven't resolved.  Second, once (okay [i]if[/i] :P:) you decide you want to join the Church, the normal way is via RCIA classes and the Easter Vigil, which happens only once a year.  Trust me, going to mass and not being able to receive the Eucharist is very frustrating once you are committed to becoming Catholic!

I delayed my inquiries a few months too long and made myself miserable for a whole extra year.  Be smarter than me!  ;)
[right][snapback]669653[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm in the program and my parish, and trust me, I feel so humiliated going up during communion and getting the blessing from the priest, but its BETTER then nothing, and I do it with love and without hesitation.

I have so hungered and thirst for the Eucharist that I cant stand it anymore, I cant wait!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!! And yet nervous that I wish it was April (or whenever) already!!!!! I attended my vert first Easter Vigil last year, it was sooooooooo awesome

So now I am being patient, and I am doing my studies.

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Sep 5 2005, 06:12 PM']I'm in the program and my parish, and trust me, I feel so humiliated going up during communion and getting the blessing from the priest, but its BETTER then nothing, and I do it with love and without hesitation.

I have so hungered and thirst for the Eucharist that I cant stand it anymore, I cant wait!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!! And yet nervous that I wish it was April (or whenever) already!!!!! I attended my vert first Easter Vigil last year, it was sooooooooo awesome

So now I am being patient, and I am doing my studies.
[right][snapback]712362[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Being Catholic sounds hard, but Jesus did say the narrow road is the way to eternal life, and the easy road is the way to destruction.

As much as I wanna go through fast, I know I cannot do that, I wanna do this the right way.

I entered RCIA in November of 2004, and went through to the end of that session (June 2005). I'm now just about to begin the next full session. So altogether, I'll have been in RCIA about a year-and-half. And I'm a candidate -- I was baptized as an infant.

The way I saw it, I was in no major rush to be confirmed, so it was a mutual decision between my RCIA instructors and myself to carry over into a second session. But you'd BEST BELIEVE I'm getting confirmed at the end of this one! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

[quote](White Knight) I started RCIA This past Tuesday December 5th, and have been reading and studying material to catch up, fortunately this is the basics of the Faith which I already believe, When January comes the more complex issues of the Catholic Faith start their sessions. So I'm very greatful I didn't miss the sessions of the deeper issues of the Catholic Faith. I pray that I will resume the course full speed ahead.

God Willing I will be a Devout Catholic soon enough, after a year and a half of personal thinking, waiting, and praying, I decided to go for it all the way, back around in November is when I decided to "Officially" proceed and move forward, however that was two days before I went to Virginia back around a week before Thanksgiving, so I couldn't start classes until I arrived back in Oklahoma City, which I did, on a Saturday Night December 2nd, and started classes December 5th, which was this past Tuesday. So I plan to go every Tuesday night to proceed with the journey.

I'm glad I'm able to come back and say that progress has been made at a excellent rate. So I'm very happy to come back here and give you the story.[/quote]

[b]Original Post was from my "Hello Everyone I'm Back" Thread that was made early this December.[/b]

Hello everyone, I just wanted to update those people who know about my views on Catholicism, and wanted to address the fact that I'm now on my way to becoming a Devout Catholic, This Easter Vigil God Willing I will be a Catholic, a Proud Knowlegable Catholic. :)

I will keep you all updated as best as I can, with my RCIA classes.

God Bless You All, Pax Christi, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.

Edited by White Knight

[quote name='thedude' post='1151371' date='Dec 29 2006, 01:02 AM']
God bless you in this process! Awesome!
[/quote]

Thank You. :)

White Knight

I went to my Third class at RCIA, Where getting into the Birth, Life, Passion, Death, Reserrection, and Ascension of Jesus Christ. We covered, His Birth, His Baptism, and His 40 Day Temptation by the devil, just yesterday. Next Tuesday we begin with the full ministry of Jesus. from his Temptations, all the way to his Ascension.

I posted this to keep people updated.

God Bless, Pax Christi.

[quote name='White Knight' post='693033' date='Aug 21 2005, 11:52 AM']
In the mean time, Is there a name for the type of group I'm in? I'm not a Protestant anymore, yet I'm not a Catholic, but I agree alot of with the Catholic Church and hope to become a Convert one day. In the mean time I dunno if theres a name to the postition I'm in now or what.

I'm not a Protestant, because Protestant "Protest" against the Catholic Faith, and I support the Catholic Faith now so I dont Protest anymore, yet I'm not officially a Catholic. lol I'm in a pickle here.
[/quote]

Okay, don't look at it this way. If you are seriously looking into becoming Catholic and you are going eventually go through RCIA, begin practicing the Catholic Faith now. Obviously, you cannot recieve Communion, but that doesn't make you any less Catholic. We are all Catholic. Some have rejected their Catholic faith (They're called Protestants). You're on your journey home. We are waiting for the day where we can embrace you and welcome you with open arms. You have a long journey ahead, but don't be discouraged. You have already made the decision. You are Catholic in my eyes. Catholic is not a title, it is a way of life. It you choose to live your life as a Catholic, then you are Catholic.

May the Peace and Love of Christ bring you home. I am so excited for you and will pray that your journey brings many great joys. You'll be home soon enough.

From on fellow convert to another...
In Christ's Love,

Anthony

White Knight

[quote name='Anthony' post='1155333' date='Jan 3 2007, 04:04 PM']
Okay, don't look at it this way. If you are seriously looking into becoming Catholic and you are going eventually go through RCIA, begin practicing the Catholic Faith now. Obviously, you cannot recieve Communion, but that doesn't make you any less Catholic. We are all Catholic. Some have rejected their Catholic faith (They're called Protestants). You're on your journey home. We are waiting for the day where we can embrace you and welcome you with open arms. You have a long journey ahead, but don't be discouraged. You have already made the decision. You are Catholic in my eyes. Catholic is not a title, it is a way of life. It you choose to live your life as a Catholic, then you are Catholic.

May the Peace and Love of Christ bring you home. I am so excited for you and will pray that your journey brings many great joys. You'll be home soon enough.

From on fellow convert to another...
In Christ's Love,

Anthony
[/quote]

Thank You Anthony. God Bless You, Pax Christi.

exquisitebones

Gosh, i wish i would habve made this decision in time.. nowi have to wait til next september.. :(
oh well. this year i had a new born child and not a lot of time to spare.. so i guess its for the best... i just wish i could be in classes now!

White Knight

[quote name='exquisitebones' post='1156694' date='Jan 5 2007, 01:14 PM']
Gosh, i wish i would habve made this decision in time.. nowi have to wait til next september.. :(
oh well. this year i had a new born child and not a lot of time to spare.. so i guess its for the best... i just wish i could be in classes now!
[/quote]

Well, heres the way I look at it, the year will fly by quick, as 2006 did, lol, September will be here before ya know it. :)

exquisitebones

[quote name='White Knight' post='1156707' date='Jan 5 2007, 11:38 AM']
Well, heres the way I look at it, the year will fly by quick, as 2006 did, lol, September will be here before ya know it. :)
[/quote]
yeah i know, last year was like *swish* gone... :shock:
so i am sure i can make it. hehehe.. i just want to get it going ya know?

White Knight

[quote name='exquisitebones' post='1157113' date='Jan 5 2007, 09:25 PM']
yeah i know, last year was like *swish* gone... :shock:
so i am sure i can make it. hehehe.. i just want to get it going ya know?
[/quote]

Ya, I'm still not used to saying 2007, around november of last year is when I finally got used to saying 2006. lol

Just finished another RCIA session, This is probally one of the most time consuming issues we discussed so far theres going to be alot more on this from this day until the end of RCIA, Anyway, there were two questions, tonight, and we only had an hour and a half of class. Our Local Preist did all of the service tonight, also at the the local groups inside the session were discussing and came up with conclusions.

The two questions discussed were.

[b]"I think one reason why Jesus worked Miracles is _________________________"

"I think one reason why Jesus told parables is____________________________"

The answers my group gave for number 1 was.

The fact that people who came before Christ's time had Prophets and Miracles, that Jesus was demonstrating that the Kingdom of God was here and that he wasn't doing to show off, but was doing it for the Glory of God the Father.[/b]

[b]Our conclusion to question number 2 was a bit more historic, it was based on the fact that in Christ's time, and even before and after Christ's time that important stories, lessons, were taught through parables, and for some reason had more impact in a lot of cases than say if Jesus had spoken Litterally all the time, would His message wouldn't have been as powerful.[/b] [b][color="#006600"]"This issue right here was elaberated on very much and I dont remember all the details of it right now, but tonights RCIA session was very elaberate in What Jesus did in His Ministry and why."[/color][/b]

This was my 4th class, and I'm enjoyed it and am greatful that I have made it just before the deep issues started kicking in.

Also Starting Friday Night were suspost to be having bad wheather, Snow Ice and all, and will probally go on for or five days so next week's Class will probally have low attendance, or may even cancel, not sure yet.

Please pray for us, Thank You, God Bless, Pax Christi. Happy Late Epiphany.