philothea Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 I used to have a cool long blurb from St John of the Cross's [i]Sayings of Light and Love[/i]. I think I used the full 500 character limit. When I was posting avatars it looked really dumb to me to have this big block of text after each weenie little picture. So I removed it for a while.
CrossCuT Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 [color=FF0066][b]Mine is simply a quote from a song I like. [/b][/color]
Ash Wednesday Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 Mine is just awesome because it's John Paul II, and it's witty.
CrossCuT Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 [color=FF0066][b]HAHA! Thats awsome! [/b][/color]
benedictaj Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 Well, apart from the shameless plug for my xanga.... : I really like these little prayers...
zabbazooey Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 I love the quote from JPII I love the Carmelite Sisters I love that prayer.... Says it all!
FlyLikeABird Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 Mine is two seperate songs. The first is a hymn that I really like (it basically extends my name) The second is one that is based on the writings of Mechtild of Magdeburg (a woman mystic). And last is a favorite quote from Einstein!
p0lar_bear Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 I was reading [i]Dianetics[/i] and laughed out loud when I read this line...definitely a quote for the board...
p0lar_bear Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 For those that don't know, [i]Dianetics[/i] is kind of the Scientology "Bible"...very bizarre...
Old_Joe Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 The first part is from a prayer card they had at church. It's not the enitre thing. I had to cut out the middle part because of the character limit. The second part is from the Mass.
Brother Adam Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 I randomly find interesting things and put them in the signature space.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 5, 2005 Author Posted August 5, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Aug 5 2005, 11:04 AM']I randomly find interesting things and put them in the signature space. [right][snapback]673220[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Sure ya do...sure ya do....
Brother Adam Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 You have to admit both are interesting. The first one says something about the American pursuit of wealth, money, power, and the individual you can't tell me what to do way. The second says something about contraception, that the homosexual movement would use it as a battle cry - AND they have a point. If human sexuality is removed from the procreative function, and contraception does this, than it seriously errodes the argument that homosexuality is wrong. This homosexual advocate is proving our point - procreation cannot be separated from sexual union, and therefore contraception is wrong.
Carrie Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Aug 5 2005, 01:15 PM']Everytime someone clicks on mine I make 2 cents! [right][snapback]673235[/snapback][/right] [/quote] *tries to click hot stuff's signature* If I sit here long enough, I can make you a millionaire.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now