homeschoolmom Posted August 5, 2006 Posted August 5, 2006 I'm a polyglot when it comes to this subject. I was raised saying "pop." Called it "soda" all through college. Now I use them interchangeably... with a sprinkling of generic "coke" for good measure.
crystalblujay Posted August 5, 2006 Posted August 5, 2006 me too. it would be more, but i live in a college town!
fearundercontrol Posted August 6, 2006 Posted August 6, 2006 That's sad. "Soda" is in the minority in the country. (Oh well, at least it's winning in the poll!) C'mon people, pop is a kind of music, not a drink! It's SODA!!
onlygrace08 Posted August 6, 2006 Posted August 6, 2006 [quote name='crystalblujay' post='1037770' date='Aug 4 2006, 09:18 PM'] psh. its so called pop... we midwesterners DO rule! [/quote] yep yep!! It's pop!! :
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 6, 2006 Posted August 6, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1038319' date='Aug 5 2006, 08:10 PM'] That's sad. "Soda" is in the minority in the country. (Oh well, at least it's winning in the poll!) C'mon people, pop is a kind of music, not a drink! It's SODA!! [/quote] On the other hand, soda is used most in some of the most highly populated areas of the country... in my county we've got the 80-100% ranking. :
Anthony Posted August 7, 2006 Posted August 7, 2006 Well, if I were still living in Texas, I would either say Soda or Coke. But, I lived in Nebraska most of my life and call it Pop!
FutureIHMNJ Posted August 7, 2006 Posted August 7, 2006 Its Soda...growing up in Puerto Rico I have always called it Soda..hehehe
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 Oh wow, this is an old thread. In fact, I posted in this thread a year ago tomorrow for me. That is weird!!! Hehehe! It's still pop! Does a soda, soda? No, you hear the pop, pop. So there fore, it is pop.
Tindomiel Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 It's soda. In my state, apparantly, the word "pop" is unknown (or so the map would have it).
Resurrexi Posted August 11, 2006 Posted August 11, 2006 That's wierd. According to the map, it's soda in NY
ReinnieR Posted August 11, 2006 Posted August 11, 2006 i'm from jersey city new jersey. the only thing separating JC and NYC is pretty much the hudson river IT'S SODA
Christie_M Posted August 11, 2006 Posted August 11, 2006 [quote name='Christie_M' post='677030' date='Aug 8 2005, 08:56 AM'] I call it coke : lol [/quote] [color="blue"] I changed my mind. It's SODA!! [/color]
matthew1618 Posted August 11, 2006 Posted August 11, 2006 It's Soda. I'm not British. [img]http://www.whistlersinn.com/images/flagbritish.gif[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now