Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

JMJ
9/15 - Our Lady of Sorrows

Hey all, I need you to say some prayers. Five of our Mundelein seminarians were involved in a pretty bad car accident last night. One has died, one is currently in brain surgery, listed at critical condition, and the other three are stable but hospitalized with minor injuries. I'll keep you posted about the other four.

[i]Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei.[/i]

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted
:( Prayers.

This should be pinned.
Posted

JMJ
9/15 - Our Lady of Sorrows

Thank you for your prayers. Here's an update:

(1) The initial number was incorrect; there were only four seminarians involved.
(2) One of these men did in fact die as a result of this accident. He was from Kansas - please pray for him and his family.
(3) One underwent four hours of emergency brain surgery, which has been completed. His condition is not being released at this time.
(4) One underwent minor surgery to repair a triple fracture in his forearm.
(5) The last seminarian has no known major injuries.

Again, please keep these men and their families in your prayers. This is a hard time for us all.

daugher-of-Mary
Posted

Many prayers. Can someone pin this?

Posted

I know personally the one who died and the one who is in critical condition.

They belonged to a tightly nit community centered around Benedictine College and Camp Tekakwitha.

This community is pretty torn up, though for the most part the faith is really evident in these men and the community as we morn.

Both men have had a tremendous impact on my faith and I will praying for them often.

<ASIDE>

Pio do you think that it would be approperiate to post a link to the Seminarian who has past away? His last entry is rather awesome.

Posted

JMJ
9/15 - Our Lady of Sorrows
[quote name='Theoketos' date='Sep 15 2005, 12:09 PM']Pio do you think that it would be approperiate to post a link to the Seminarian who has past away? His last entry is rather awesome.
[right][snapback]724361[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I wouldn't recommend a link, as his family might want to keep his identity private. You could copy/paste the post, though.

No updates as yet.

Posted
:sadder: i will pray today in front of the Blessed Sacrament :sign: :bigpray: :sign:
franciscanheart
Posted

prayers.

Posted

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='Sep 15 2005, 01:26 PM']JMJ
9/15 - Our Lady of Sorrows

I wouldn't recommend a link, as his family might want to keep his identity private.  You could copy/paste the post, though.

No updates as yet.
[right][snapback]724406[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for the prudence. I will copy and past.

Posted

That is so sad! :sadder:

I will be praying for all involved.

Posted

I know the one(s) that helped at praire star ranch.
I hope he comes out of it alright.
prayers are going out to each of them though.

Posted

i offered them up at adoration today. God bless them and keep them!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted
:sadder: Prayers... :sign:
Posted

JMJ
9/15 - Our Lady of Sorrows

Update:

(1) The man who had brain surgery is currently in the hospital; doctors say that his chance of recovery is somewhere between 20-30%. Please keep this one in your prayers.
(2) The man with the fractured forearm did not undergo surgery after all; his arm has been placed in splints.
(3) The last man's shoulder is broken, and minor surgery may be done tomorrow.

Again, thank you for all of your prayers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...