Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

May God welcome them into His Kingdom.

Posted

JMJ
9/19 - St. Januarius
[quote name='Norseman82' date='Sep 19 2005, 01:14 AM']I think you need to clear it up with the departments in Ohio, if they are in fact covering something up, because someone is either lying or mistaken.
[right][snapback]729472[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The newspaper report had a number of innaccuracies; I don't have time to go through it all right now, but don't trust that article.

Posted

Zanga is public so please post the site.

Posted

[url="http://www.xanga.com/jpthe2nd"]http://www.xanga.com/jpthe2nd[/url]


:ninja:

Posted

"Visitation for Jared Cheek will be Wednesday night, September 21 from 7 pm
and ending later that night with a Rosary at Immaculate Conception Church,
208 W. Bertrand St., St. Marys, KS 66536. The funeral will be held Thursday,
Sept. 22 at 10 a.m. at Immaculate Conception Church."

I'm not sure if this is already posted.

Just in case anyone is in the area and would like to show thier respects.

Special thanks to Fr. Meinrad Miller, OSB for the update.

el paz,

-Joe Hahn

PS- please pray for Benedictine College. A great number of students were affected by Matty's and Jared's death. Jared was an alumnus and graduated two years ago and was clearly a blessing to everyone.

Posted

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.

Posted

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='Sep 19 2005, 06:24 AM']JMJ
9/19 - St. Januarius

The newspaper report had a number of innaccuracies; I don't have time to go through it all right now, but don't trust that article.
[right][snapback]729539[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So, what you are saying is that either:

1) The newspaper is misquoting the Mundelein police; or
2) The Mundelein police are lying; or
3) The Ohio sheriff departments are lying

Posted

Question: is there another semnarian from Kansas who used to work at a health lab? He preached at the annual "Seminarian Sunday" at our parish and I was worried it might have been Jared (when I saw Jared's photo on the home page, I figured it wasn't him, as this seminarian was much more heavy set).

Posted

Well I found out today that my niece became Protestant. Missouri Synod Lutheran. She's been dating this guy since 11th grade. She's now a Junior in College. He's Lutheran and his family is strongly Lutheran. My sister raised her well I think. Solid Catholic. Rosary every day. Well, evidently somebody got to her. Pray that she returns to the faith. Her name is Melanie.

Blessings to all

Fides_et_Ratio
Posted

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Sep 19 2005, 02:51 PM']So, what you are saying is that either:

1)  The newspaper is misquoting the Mundelein police; or
2)  The Mundelein police are lying; or
3)  The Ohio sheriff departments are lying
[right][snapback]730027[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Living in Ohio... I wouldn't just brush off #3. Furthermore, considering news media today, I wouldn't merely brush over #1 either.

Point: the situation smells of elderberries. PERIOD. Don't quibble over details and instead pray for the repose of the two souls of Matty and Jared.

Posted

Any discussion of police or the accident can go to another thread. This one is for prayers and thoughts concerning our fellow phatmassers.

Posted

[url="http://www.theleaven.com/"]http://www.theleaven.com/[/url]

Posted

Prayers for you, Thess!

  • 2 weeks later...
Theologian in Training
Posted

Our seminary offered Mass for the repose of the souls of Jared and Matty today.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

God Bless

CatholicAndFanatical
Posted

[quote]"Visitation for Jared Cheek will be Wednesday night, September 21 from 7 pm
and ending later that night with a Rosary at Immaculate Conception Church,
208 W. Bertrand St., St. Marys, KS 66536. The funeral will be held Thursday,
Sept. 22 at 10 a.m. at Immaculate Conception Church."
[/quote]

im always a week late..
did Jared have a xanga as well?

Matt seemed like a great guy and fun to be around. He will be in my prayers.

thessalonian
Posted

Well three years ago my Mother In Law converted to the Catholic faith. It seems however that she has not found the people at her parish overly welcoming. However I have to say that she has been a less than faithful attendee at Mass as well for whatever the reason. Well now she is saying she is going to leave the Catholic Church and go back to the Baptist Church. Your prayers would be appreciated.

Blessings

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...