Pio Nono Posted September 18, 2005 Author Posted September 18, 2005 JMJ 9/17 - St. Robert Bellarmine If we're driving in a car and I cause an accident in which you die, I'm responsible for your death. It's wreckless homicide. If you don't die, then I'm responsible for putting you in danger of death. It's wreckless endangerment. And the ex-cop could keep his stuff...in Ohio, apparently. He has a conceal-and-carry license in Ohio, but it's no good for Illinois. I don't think he'll go to jail, but he'll probably be fined rather heavily for it and do some community service.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 "All of us who have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ know that our death will not be totally different from the rest of our earthly journey. It too will be God's love coming upon us, but God's love in its transforming fullness. " Pope John Paul II (1920 - 2005AD)
jmjtina Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 from the diocese: [url="http://www.theleaven.com/"]http://www.theleaven.com/[/url]
got2luvjc Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 I'm friends with a Priest who was just ordained in June who knew those men... he went to that same seminary that they all attended... I'm glad I found this thread because I didn't know how those men died that he was talking about in his AIM away messages... that's 2 men (and possibly a third) who cannot be Holy men of God, and hopefully they're up in Heaven with the God that they were going to devoute their lives to... *prayers*
zabbazooey Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 Prayers for them both and the other two in this horrible mess...
littleflower+JMJ Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 Please listen to Fr. Pontifex's Phat five on his reflection and mention of Matt on the homepage. [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phat5/2005/sep15_sorrow.mp3"]http://www.phatmass.com/phat5/2005/sep15_sorrow.mp3[/url]
philothea Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 [quote name='let_go_let_God' date='Sep 17 2005, 05:30 PM']I have a few questions though... Why was he charged for wreckless homicide? It was just a car accident.... [right][snapback]727480[/snapback][/right] [/quote] He was also charged with DUI.
stuckinamo Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 what a hard situation. i will definitely pray for their souls and everyone involved.
Norseman82 Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 [quote name='philothea' date='Sep 18 2005, 12:12 PM']He was also charged with DUI. [right][snapback]728531[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Since it's public knowledge and record now, I'll post a link to a local article about this: [url="http://www.dailyherald.com/search/searchstory.asp?id=95404"]http://www.dailyherald.com/search/searchstory.asp?id=95404[/url] [quote]That's just not right, as far as I understand a person who left the force is allowed to keep their parifinalia aren't they? I thought it was just as long as they didn't use them....[/quote] I read in the Chicago Tribune that, in fact, the departments in Ohio were contacted about the badges, and they said that he "does not work for either department,and they didn't know why he would have the badges", according to Mundelein police Sgt. Mike Parrish. With the upcoming seminary inspections, I think we also need to focus our prayers on the welfare and formation of the remaining students and of Mundelein seminary itself.
Pio Nono Posted September 18, 2005 Author Posted September 18, 2005 JMJ 9/18 - Twenty-fifth Sunday [quote name='Norseman82' date='Sep 18 2005, 01:10 PM']...they said that he "does not work for either department,and they didn't know why he would have the badges", according to Mundelein police Sgt. Mike Parrish. [right][snapback]728566[/snapback][/right] [/quote] To clear this up, he worked for that department before he joined the seminary.
Fides_et_Ratio Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 Wow, so I totally just realized that one of the survivors is a seminarian from my diocese. This is such a crazy and hard situation. Let us continue our prayers for peace and support.
Lil Red Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 what a horrible situation getting worse! Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for us!!
Pontifex Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 I can't believe they are making an issue about his gun and badge. Why don't they stick to them for deliquent parking tickets as well? It's not bad enough they just lost two brothers. Hang in there Mundelein guys. Seminary had its own stresses without something of this magnitude. Mary be with them.
Dave Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 Prayers definitely. After my car accident last year (which most of you know about), while I feel blessed to have survived and only to have suffered minor injuries, I now also feel guilty that I survived my wreck whereas they didn't.
jmjtina Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 may the road rise to meet you may the wind be always at your back may the sun shine warm upon your face may the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again may God hold you in the palm of His hand
Paladin D Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 This is terrible news. I don't know them personally, but I feel that I lost someone close. May God keep them, and give peace to their family and friends.
Norseman82 Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='Pio Nono' date='Sep 18 2005, 03:08 PM']JMJ 9/18 - Twenty-fifth Sunday To clear this up, he worked for that department before he joined the seminary. [right][snapback]728680[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I think you need to clear it up with the departments in Ohio, if they are in fact covering something up, because someone is either lying or mistaken.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now