VeniteAdoremus Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 [quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1626946' date='Aug 14 2008, 09:33 PM']Susan: lily Rebecca: a snare[/quote] Snare... that's not too positive either, is it? I have to go and ask my parents why they called me blind!
pan!c139 Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 Therese: tender, gracious, good (that actually DOES describe me) (my middle name is made up so it's not in the dictionary)
Archaeology cat Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 [quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1626953' date='Aug 14 2008, 07:36 PM']Snare... that's not too positive either, is it? I have to go and ask my parents why they called me blind![/quote] My parents had no idea what either of my names meant. I'm named after my mother's sisters, actually.
dominicansoul Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 (edited) my first name means :noble my middle name means: "God is gracious" my confirmation name means: "God's promise" my last name means: blacksmith my phatmass name: Hound of God with all my love, my life, my being Edited August 14, 2008 by dominicansoul
pan!c139 Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 (edited) My name also means harvester or reaper. ??? I pieced together my middle name: Beautiful at birth, a cascade, pretty, gentle, attractive. How nice. Edited August 14, 2008 by pan!c139
knightec Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 my first name: ever powerful, eternal ruler my middle name: gift of God, he who is like God
VeniteAdoremus Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 Harvester isn't that bad - you can always throw it on "Ask the Lord of the Harvest to send more workers" and stuff
pan!c139 Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 ^ Yeah that's what I was thinking...OH DEAR...that's a big job lol
Selah Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 [quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1626943' date='Aug 14 2008, 03:30 PM']Anna: Gracious Teresia: Harvester Aloysius: Famous warrior Cecilia: Blind Right. So I'll start hacking away in a cornfield... elegantly, and with a big sword.[/quote] Awesome! You'll be of great use to me once I get ready to start a farm
VeniteAdoremus Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 At least we're in it together Plus we've got like 10 saints, of which two are Doctors of the Church.
VeniteAdoremus Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 [quote name='Selah' post='1626991' date='Aug 14 2008, 10:04 PM']Awesome! You'll be of great use to me once I get ready to start a farm [/quote] Don't forget the "blind"
pan!c139 Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 LOL, you're right. But now you've got that stupid "We're All in This Together" song from High School Musical stuck in my head. Haha.
VeniteAdoremus Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 [quote name='pan!c139' post='1627003' date='Aug 14 2008, 10:07 PM']LOL, you're right. But now you've got that stupid "We're All in This Together" song from High School Musical stuck in my head. Haha.[/quote] Oh, I didn't see that one. I will share in the pain through YouTube... after all, we're
pan!c139 Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumber more dumber dumbest song ever. Hahaha. Now we'll have the song stuck in our heads together. "Together together together everyone! Together together together let's have some fun! Wildcats in the house..." UGH!!! LOL
Mari Therese Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 Melani: Dark Beauty (I'm the whitest person on the face of the planet ) Mari: form of Mary-the perfect one People always ask me if I've spelled my name correctly. lol
MissyP89 Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 Melissa: Greek for honey bee. I [i]hate[/i] bees...
jmj Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 First name - Ruler Pseudo middle name (technically I don't have a middle name) - the Perfect One A perfect ruler? For giggles, here's my daughter's meanings (provided she's a she, we'll find out in a few days) First name - The oath or fullness of God Middle name - Clear And if she should be a he, First name - God is my strength Middle name - God adds This is fun.
MIKolbe Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 first name - Healer middle name- bearing Christ inside
HollyDolly Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 Well Hilda is battlemaid in German,Mary I'm not sure, and my last name means Battle St.Peter. Not sure what my last name means,but in a book on German last names at the library, hilpert they had as battle for the first part and petrus and some mention of St.Peter for the pert part. Hild in German means battle. I have some cousins named lilienschild. It means lily shield in German,and i assume they took their name from their coat of arms.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now