An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Thread For Random Venting..

Laudate_Dominum

Laudate_Dominum

Alright... Where to begin..

It is so bloody difficult to find half decent coagulated milk around here..

e-catholic's chat room has too many stinking rules.
I got kicked off earlier for speaking in Irish to a fellow from Ireland who happened to be in the chatroom. I was told that using a language other than English is "against the rules". I looked and there is nothing in the rules about speaking English. That place gives me the creeps sometimes. I really can't stand all the absurd rules! I wish there was a better Catholic chat place.

Alright, that's it for now. :D:

i feel your pain ... about the coagulated milk....

u know what irritates the dickens out of me??? when people make PB&J sandwiches and put peanut butter on one slice and jam on another slice, rather than putting them on both.... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???

Laudate_Dominum

Alright, this is officially creepy.

They let me back in to e-catholic after I apologized for speaking Irish and someone asked why people were getting kicked out and the response was "we don't talk about that, just keep on chatting". It was freakin creepy. Then I typed in "haha" and was instantly kicked out again.. What weirdos.

Alright.. *takes a deep breath*

Fidei Defensor

Im really sick of hearing about gas prices! We have plenty of oil! What we need to do is build more refineries, to make it into gasoline!

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Sep 24 2005, 08:35 PM']Im really sick of hearing about gas prices! We have plenty of oil! What we need to do is build more refineries, to make it into gasoline!
[right][snapback]736662[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, and something that weirds me out a bit is that we have all these oil reserves but we don't have gasoline reserves. I'm pretty sure other countries have petrol reserves instead of just crude oil.. It makes a lot of sense especially considering the fact that so many of our refineries are in risky spots.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Sep 24 2005, 08:37 PM']Yeah, and something that weirds me out a bit is that we have all these oil reserves but we don't have gasoline reserves. I'm pretty sure other countries have petrol reserves instead of just crude oil.. It makes a lot of sense especially considering the fact that so many of our refineries are in risky spots.
[right][snapback]736665[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I dont think we have built any new refineries to make gasoline since the 70's. We have all this oil, but its being processed so slowly, that its getting used up faster than its being produced.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Sep 24 2005, 08:39 PM']I dont think we have built any new refineries to make gasoline since the 70's.  We have all this oil, but its being processed so slowly, that its getting used up faster than its being produced.
[right][snapback]736667[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, I have a silly idea for a house / farm that has an unusual heating system. Basically the heat is distributed through special channels that run beneath the floors of the building, but this is not the most unique aspect (this has been done many times), what is unique is that the furnace is integrated with a small-scale crude oil refinery that utilizes the principle of fractional distillation to distill gasoline, diesel, kerosene and motor oil from the crude oil. I think it would be sweet if farms and many businesses and other entities, had their own oil refineries. I don't know if it would ever catch on, but it is kind of cool the think about.

I think "on the spot" reporting is ridiculous in the middle of storms. Do we really need to see someone's hair blowing in order to understand there's a storm going on?

[quote name='dspen2005' date='Sep 24 2005, 10:33 PM']i feel your pain ... about the coagulated milk....

u know what irritates the dickens out of me???  when people make PB&J sandwiches and put peanut butter on one slice and jam on another slice, rather than putting them on both.... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???
[right][snapback]736659[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That would involve using two separate knives. Unless you actually WANTED to get peanut butter in the jam jar, or vice versa.

THAT'S WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!!

You know what really curdles my whey? PEOPLE YELLING ON THE INTERNETS FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!!! IT'S SO IRRITATING!!! IT'S LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO DO IT HAVE THIS HUGE PLANK IN THEIR EYE THAT I JUST WANT TO YANK OUT!!!

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='p-hawk' date='Sep 24 2005, 09:08 PM']You know what really curdles my whey? PEOPLE YELLING ON THE INTERNETS FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!!! IT'S SO IRRITATING!!! IT'S LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO DO IT HAVE THIS HUGE PLANK IN THEIR EYE THAT I JUST WANT TO YANK OUT!!!
[right][snapback]736707[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
GRRRRRAAAAAAAAOOOOOOORRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sweat:

[quote name='p-hawk' date='Sep 24 2005, 10:06 PM']That would involve using two separate knives. Unless you actually WANTED to get peanut butter in the jam jar, or vice versa.

THAT'S WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!!
[right][snapback]736704[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

another thing to tie into my ranting about the proper method for PB&J sandwich making.... the proper method is to use a knife to spread on one slice of bread, then use a spoon to dollop the jam onto the penut buttered bread, then spread it with the underside of the spoon..... so forget this 2 knife thing......