Jaime Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 Here's mine Senior year in High School, I took a girl to the Governors Inaugural Ball. It was actually a polka ball and there were a ton of folks from the iron range there! We danced and were goofy. Then we shook hands with the new governor and I took her home! I talked with her just a few years ago and she said she still considered it her best first date as well!
azaelia Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 Is it sad that I'm almost 21 and I've never been on an official "date"?
TrinityAddiction Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='azaelia' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:22 PM']Is it sad that I'm almost 21 and I've never been on an official "date"? [right][snapback]738615[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I don't think its sad at all!
zabbazooey Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 the best first date.........ummmmmm.................i don't have a best one...
Aloysius Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 one time on a first date I actually drank an entire coffee from starbucks and was able to convince her it wasn't the most horrible vile and disgusting thing I'd ever tasted (girls are so gullible!)
homeschoolmom Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 My best first date... Well, in college, this guy called to ask me out. But I wasn't home, so he left a message with my roommate that if I wanted to go a movie with him, I should call him back. So, I did. We went to the campus movie (it was a dollar). It was Quadrophenia... bizarro movie. I wouldn't say it was the best planned out date I ever went on... but it was great because I ended up marrying that guy.
jmjtina Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 best one = funniest one Prom: we went out to eat at this great place. I wasn't use to appeitizers so he ordered. It was shrimp and that cocktail sauce and I had NO IDEA how to eat it. Well, I put it all in my mouth (It was a small shrimp) and started chewing.....well, I didn't know I had to peel the darn thing. I didn't know what to do. They had real cloth NAPKINS so there I am with my face full wanting to spit it out......and T.J. looks at me and starts laughing. "SPIT IT OUT!!!" we were with a group so I was ragged on all night..... it was gross. even peeled it was gross, but it was SOOOOO HALIRIOUS!!!! We were really good friends by then. in another one I squirted my date with corn when I bit into it. The funny thing was we were both nervous and didn't laugh. We ignored it, which made me want to laugh. it was so nerve wracking......then he squirted me and I couldn't take it anymore. It was waaaaaaaay too funny and it landed in my EYE!!!!! great beautiful spontaneous things make a great date.
Jaime Posted September 27, 2005 Author Posted September 27, 2005 What's Hsdad's best first date? Could you ask him and post it?
matt_in_ohio Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 (edited) I may be the complete opposite of azaelia - I'm 31 and have dated a number of different girls. My first "date" was in seventh grade – my father drove us. While we were out (yes, we did the whole dinner-and-a-movie thing), my father had bought a bunch of hardware stuff for the house, including several two-by-fours that went through one side of the car and out the other. So on the way home, my “date” and I had to sit in the back seat holding these two-by-fours steady! I’m like, “Thanks a LOT dad!!!” Now don’t get me wrong – anyone who has or has not been on a date isn’t any better or less than anyone else, and I am certainly not bragging about any of my experiences. And I am no expert either! The only thing I am worried about, reading some of these messages, is that some people are over-thinking this whole “date” thing. To me, it’s really no different than just “hanging-out” with someone of the opposite sex. In fact, most of my dating relationships have started out as good friendships. We might have sat on the couch watching TV before. After we were dating, we were sitting on the same couch, watching the same TV – only this time, maybe we were sitting a little closer to each other! So for me, it’s usually been a gradual transition from friend to girlfriend – except there’s that knowledge that you like each other just a little bit more. Of course there are those times when you meet someone and there’s this instant connection – then you kind of just by-pass the whole friendship thing. But that’s different. Again – I can’t say this enough – dating should be FUN! It shouldn't be nerve-racking, and it shouldn't be pressured. If it is, then it's not fun, and it's not worth doing. But if it is fun, then don’t over think it or you won’t enjoy it My $0.02... Let me add that some nervousness is expected - and can be endearing - just don't let it consume you Edited September 27, 2005 by matt_in_ohio
jmjtina Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 26 2005, 09:36 PM']My best first date... Well, in college, this guy called to ask me out. But I wasn't home, so he left a message with my roommate that if I wanted to go a movie with him, I should call him back. So, I did. We went to the campus movie (it was a dollar). It was Quadrophenia... bizarro movie. I wouldn't say it was the best planned out date I ever went on... but it was great because I ended up marrying that guy. [right][snapback]738638[/snapback][/right] [/quote] *takes notes* ends up marrying the guy.......
Jaime Posted September 27, 2005 Author Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='jmjtina' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:37 PM']best one = funniest one Prom: we went out to eat at this great place. I wasn't use to appeitizers so he ordered. It was shrimp and that cocktail sauce and I had NO IDEA how to eat it. Well, I put it all in my mouth (It was a small shrimp) and started chewing.....well, I didn't know I had to peel the darn thing. I didn't know what to do. They had real cloth NAPKINS so there I am with my face full wanting to spit it out......and T.J. looks at me and starts laughing. "SPIT IT OUT!!!" we were with a group so I was ragged on all night..... it was gross. even peeled it was gross, but it was SOOOOO HALIRIOUS!!!! We were really good friends by then. [right][snapback]738640[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You went to prom on a FIRST date? That's gutsy!!
jmjtina Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 yeah, but our "dates" before that weren't official dates......that was the "official" one.
homeschoolmom Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 And to assure you that he's not a total nonromantic guy... He just came home from a meeting, but he stopped to buy me a pint of Dove ice cream... And we're going to go eat it! bye!
jmjtina Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 26 2005, 09:41 PM']You went to prom on a FIRST date? That's gutsy!! [right][snapback]738646[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'm a gutsy kinda gal.
jmjtina Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 26 2005, 09:45 PM']And to assure you that he's not a total nonromantic guy... He just came home from a meeting, but he stopped to buy me a pint of Dove ice cream... And we're going to go eat it! bye! [right][snapback]738654[/snapback][/right] [/quote] he loves you!!!!
homeschoolmom Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:41 PM']You went to prom on a FIRST date? That's gutsy!! [right][snapback]738646[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I only went to the prom on LAST dates...
matt_in_ohio Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='jmjtina' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:46 AM'] he loves you!!!! [right][snapback]738656[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I would hope so - they are married, right ???
Lounge Daddy Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 26 2005, 11:17 PM']Here's mine Senior year in High School, I took a girl to the Governors Inaugural Ball. It was actually a polka ball and there were a ton of folks from the iron range there! We danced and were goofy. Then we shook hands with the new governor and I took her home! I talked with her just a few years ago and she said she still considered it her best first date as well! [right][snapback]738609[/snapback][/right] [/quote] you first date was Governor's Inaugral? saweeeet!!! i may look dumb asking this... becasuse maybe i missed something... but your first date was with a chick?
jmjtina Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 yeah, but that's a sign of true love!!!! bringing home icecream for your spouse!!!!!!
matt_in_ohio Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:47 AM']I only went to the prom on LAST dates... [right][snapback]738658[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I went to prom all four years of high school - but only ever as friends. I found it was actually more fun that way!!! Get a whole group together, rent a limo, etc. Those were good times
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now