Dust's Sister Posted October 25, 2005 Posted October 25, 2005 You know, I know this is a section for under 20 years old, but I am 23, but I feel like I'm 18 still. I've always wanted to like fall in love with a guy instantly at first site but the more I think about it now, the more I don't think it'll happen. Then the more I think about it the more I don't see myself married. I can't see myself having kids, I am a very impatient person with anything, and I don't think I would make a good girlfriend. I am like too occupied trying to help myself out with my debt, and I wouldn't want to try to be the perfect girlfriend, I wouldn't want to occupy myself just to please my boyfriend. Then if I get married I would have to have a husband that is a really good father, cuz I'm afraid I would not have the patients, So what are your thought on marriage and having kids?
termitescoming4u! Posted October 25, 2005 Posted October 25, 2005 (edited) I sort of feel the same about marriage like you do. I don't think I got the patients to deal with whomever I'm going to marry. Anyways, I feel more called to the sisterhood than a married life. This is what I feel, but i think sometimes, it crosses my mind thta God may be calling me to the married life. So, I'm kinda torn between the two choices. But yea, I feel like you do about getting married. Edited October 25, 2005 by termitescoming4u!
photosynthesis Posted October 25, 2005 Posted October 25, 2005 I would love to get married! I think I would be a good wife and mother, even though at 22 I don't feel ready! But that's OK, because I haven't met anyone yet! Even though I think I would be really happy as a wife + mom, God has other plans for me now so I hope to enjoy life, whether it's single life, religious life or married life.
Fides_et_Ratio Posted October 25, 2005 Posted October 25, 2005 I'm with photo... I'd love to get married! I'm ready right now! (lol, well, not quite this exact moment, but I'm ready to start considering possible future spouses)
Dudette Posted October 25, 2005 Posted October 25, 2005 I would love to get married and have kids! I can so see it happening! but yeah, that's still quite a few years away.
Aloysius Posted October 25, 2005 Posted October 25, 2005 i am sooo ready for a family and kids. I'm engaged to a wonderful girl but sadly we won't even be thinking of setting a date for about a year... if it were possible, I'd set the wedding for tomarrow
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted October 25, 2005 Posted October 25, 2005 I don't know what God has in store for me as though I am practically 18 years old, but I can see myself being married and having children. But it is all in God's Will, not mine.
RC_ Posted October 25, 2005 Posted October 25, 2005 I want to get married and have a bunch of little Robertos and Roberto-etes running around the house...
BC4Life Posted October 25, 2005 Posted October 25, 2005 i definatly wanna get married. i just hope it to that one person, yknow? and when i do marry her...gosh ill be the happiest man alive
Ora et Labora Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 haha thats a good way to see it BC4Life!!! I definetely want to get married more than anything! But I am only 15 right now...some day! I've always wanted to know the guy since I was a child to. You know, like a "childhood sweetheart!" lol But I dont know if I'll marry anyone I know right now...I cant see it with any of my guy friends I have. haha Kristina
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 I wrote a poem about this subject. It's funny because it is true!!! Well for me that is.
Catholictothecore Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 I feel that God is going to do great things through me no matter what. Personally, I feel more drawn to marriage then priesthood at this time, but that could change. I'm not married yet!
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 Yeah, me too. I feel drawn to marriage more than the sisterhood. But I am in the middle.
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted October 31, 2005 Posted October 31, 2005 I think I am more drawn to marriage.
BC4Life Posted October 31, 2005 Posted October 31, 2005 [quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Oct 26 2005, 12:47 PM']haha thats a good way to see it BC4Life!!! I definetely want to get married more than anything! But I am only 15 right now...some day! I've always wanted to know the guy since I was a child to. You know, like a "childhood sweetheart!" lol But I dont know if I'll marry anyone I know right now...I cant see it with any of my guy friends I have. haha Kristina [right][snapback]771036[/snapback][/right] [/quote] lol finally someone who thinks like i do . totally agree with you with the childhood sweetheart thing haha.
Christie_M Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 [quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' date='Oct 27 2005, 09:40 AM']Yeah, me too. I feel drawn to marriage more than the sisterhood. But I am in the middle. [right][snapback]771824[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' date='Oct 31 2005, 01:53 PM']I think I am more drawn to marriage. [right][snapback]775038[/snapback][/right] [/quote] same here. I would love to get married, have kids and all, but I'm not sure what God has planned for me.
TheOliverOrder88 Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 No.... No not at all. God will probalbly make this happen...just to make me uncomfortable. Well, I don't know that for sure. I always have a feeling God wants me to do what I absolutely do not want at all...
onathing1 Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 i used to think i was called to be a nun, then i just prayed about it. i realized that he was calling me to a married life. I'm the oldest of a fairly large family, so I want lots of kids...4 minimum.
little_angel202 Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 (edited) [quote name='onathing1' date='Nov 1 2005, 10:54 AM']i used to think i was called to be a nun, then i just prayed about it. i realized that he was calling me to a married life. I'm the oldest of a fairly large family, so I want lots of kids...4 minimum. [right][snapback]775795[/snapback][/right] [/quote] wow totally the same thing as me i prayed to st. therese of the child Jesus before her feast day asking her if i should be a nun , she kept me waiting a while but know i konw ! anyway even though i'm only 16 i actually fell ready for kids coz i'm a nanny i'm used to changing the kids feeding them tidying up as well! anyone who wants kids but dosnt feel ready i recomend being a nanny for a bit!! i just have to find my prince charming now! Edited November 1, 2005 by little_angel202
onathing1 Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 [quote name='little_angel202' date='Nov 1 2005, 02:24 PM'] i just have to find my prince charming now! [right][snapback]775921[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That's the same thing I say! hahaha...That's the sad thing, I'm 16 as well and ready for my' prince charming'.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now