Sojourner Posted October 26, 2005 Author Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='scardella' date='Oct 26 2005, 01:03 PM']It's a good thing you're not from up north, or else it might be a moose in the hoose... [right][snapback]771128[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Comparatively, mice do much less damage.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 In 2nd grade, a mouse ran across my teachers foot in class. She was fine. Later that day some mean kids stoned a little mouse to death at recess... it was sad
Theoketos Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 One time I had two hamsters get loose in my house. They breed. It was bad.
Sojourner Posted October 26, 2005 Author Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 26 2005, 02:32 PM']my advice is to get a kittycat. [right][snapback]771188[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'm considering borrowing a friend's barn cat for a while. I'm allergic, but given the choice of taking meds for few weeks and dealing with a mouse, I'll take the meds. Besides, as long as the cat stays out of my bedroom I'll be fine.
Guest T-Bone Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='thessalonian' date='Oct 26 2005, 10:39 AM']Peanut butter works great. I've had the best success with the glue traps. Put a dab of PB in the center and they're stuck. They become wise to the mechanical traps it seems. [right][snapback]771084[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [quote name='Sojourner' date='Oct 26 2005, 10:43 AM']You're right, they do become wise to the mechanical traps. Glue traps just seem ... mean. At least with the mechanical traps it's over quickly. [right][snapback]771087[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Glue traps are the most inhumane thing ever invented. It's worse than poisoning the poor things...
Jaime Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Oct 26 2005, 02:35 PM']I'm considering borrowing a friend's barn cat for a while. I'm allergic, but given the choice of taking meds for few weeks and dealing with a mouse, I'll take the meds. Besides, as long as the cat stays out of my bedroom I'll be fine. [right][snapback]771191[/snapback][/right] [/quote] If you're allergic to cats, I would suggest getting a python. That would take care of your mouse problem
Sojourner Posted October 26, 2005 Author Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='T-Bone' date='Oct 26 2005, 02:39 PM']Glue traps are the most inhumane thing ever invented. It's worse than poisoning the poor things... [right][snapback]771196[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'd choose a glue trap over poison. With the poison, they could die anywhere. At least with the glue trap you'd know where they are.
Sojourner Posted October 26, 2005 Author Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Oct 26 2005, 02:44 PM']If you're allergic to cats, I would suggest getting a python. That would take care of your mouse problem [right][snapback]771201[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Um, no. I'm not that allergic.
Guest T-Bone Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Oct 26 2005, 01:46 PM']Um, no. I'm not that allergic. [right][snapback]771205[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Afraid of snakes, are we?
Jaime Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 You wouldn't have to get a big one. Maybe 4 feet or so. Then think of how relaxed your roommate would be. Also they're very quiet
Sojourner Posted October 26, 2005 Author Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Oct 26 2005, 02:50 PM']You wouldn't have to get a big one. Maybe 4 feet or so. Then think of how relaxed your roommate would be. Also they're very quiet [right][snapback]771212[/snapback][/right] [/quote] This is what she said: [quote][b]No.[/b] I'd be more afraid of the thing eating the mouse than the mouse. I don't think a mouse could grow to be 8 ft. tall with fangs and eat us in our beds. A python could.[/quote] And T-bone, let's just say that snakes and I are not friends. Cats = cute and cuddly, albeit congestion inducing. Pythons = eat you in bed.
Sojourner Posted October 26, 2005 Author Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Oct 26 2005, 02:57 PM']You could name it Monty [right][snapback]771220[/snapback][/right] [/quote] cute but no
Guest T-Bone Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 Why doesn't she just burn her house down? That would get rid of the mouse...
philothea Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 We had mice in the detached garage. My husband set up a humane trap. Even without bait it caught the whole very small and quite adorable field mouse family. The adults are the size of a quarter; the young ones the size of a dime. They were dark grey. He put them in an aquarium with food and water and bedding and kept them for a few weeks. Eventually we had to go out of town, so he let them go outside.
Jaime Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 You know what would drive out the mouse? Giant rats! That would work
ofpheritup Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 I'm no help. I like mice. Mice, hamsters, snakes, turtles, lizards, scorpions, tarantula's.
Jaime Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 I'm only really frightened of two things Spiders Intimacy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now