Sojourner Posted October 26, 2005 Author Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Oct 26 2005, 03:45 PM']I'm only really frightened of two things Spiders Intimacy [right][snapback]771253[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Spiders are creepy, but I can kill them. Intimacy is also scary. I'm guessing the best way to get over it is to just do it. That's a lot easier to do with swimming and heights than with intimacy, though.
Thumper Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 (edited) [quote name='hot stuff' date='Oct 26 2005, 04:45 PM']I'm only really frightened of two things Spiders Intimacy [right][snapback]771253[/snapback][/right] [/quote] And the creepy Burger King. [url="http://www.dgsinclair.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/bkwindow.jpg"]http://www.dgsinclair.com/.shared/image.ht...ed/bkwindow.jpg[/url] *shudders and hides under table* Edited October 26, 2005 by Thumper
Jaime Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 And Thumper. I forgot her. She's deceptively strong
Sojourner Posted October 26, 2005 Author Posted October 26, 2005 [quote name='Thumper' date='Oct 26 2005, 03:59 PM']And the creepy Burger King. [url="http://www.dgsinclair.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/bkwindow.jpg"]http://www.dgsinclair.com/.shared/image.ht...ed/bkwindow.jpg[/url] *shudders and hides under table* [right][snapback]771260[/snapback][/right] [/quote] The Burger King IS creepy. Those commercials always weird me out.
Cow of Shame Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Oct 26 2005, 11:43 AM']You're right, they do become wise to the mechanical traps. Glue traps just seem ... mean. At least with the mechanical traps it's over quickly. [right][snapback]771087[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Glue traps are just as fast when you bash the mouse's head in with a hammer. I've had much more success with glue traps. I've baited snap traps with peanut butter & have come back to find it all licked off...sneaky bastages. [quote name='zabbazooey']Yeah glue traps they just suffer until they starve to death[/quote] Only if you're not man enough to put 'em out of their misery. "Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer Came down upon her head. Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer Made sure that she was dead." heh [quote name='sojourner']I'd choose a glue trap over poison. With the poison, they could die anywhere. At least with the glue trap you'd know where they are.[/quote] The problem is they often don't die at all....my parents use poison, and had quite a 'booming business' one winter. They kept putting more & more out. In the spring my dad found an old pair of his shoes filled with the stuff where they had been 'storing' it. Some of the poison just makes 'em really thirsty & drives them out of the house. One time, we had set a trap in the living room & completely forgot about it. There was a week or two where there was a horrible smell coming from over by the fireplace, but since we didn't use it, we didn't investigate. A few months later, someone happened to look behind the trunk, and there was a teeny mouse skeleton in the trap. Ah...[i]that's[/i] what that smell was..... [quote name='T-Bone']Why doesn't she just burn her house down? That would get rid of the mouse...[/quote] [i]THERE[/i] you go!!
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 We have a field mouse lurking in our house and we can't find it, but my dog insists of catching it one day. We leave near woods so it is common. But IT IS STILL GROSS!!!!!!!!!!
thessalonian Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 [quote name='T-Bone' date='Oct 26 2005, 02:39 PM']Glue traps are the most inhumane thing ever invented. It's worse than poisoning the poor things... [right][snapback]771196[/snapback][/right] [/quote] These are friggin mice people. What the heck are ya all city boys and girls. There are billions of mice and they all need to die. Haven't ya seen a cat play with a live mouse. God made them for sport for cats. KILL EM! On the other hand they are God creatures too so it should be done quickly but also efficiently. :
Sojourner Posted October 27, 2005 Author Posted October 27, 2005 Apparently last night it ventured into the living room. I was out of town, but my housemate says loud shrieking ensued on her part. Which, had I been there, I'm sure to have joined in on. We're setting traps tonight.
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 Dude, it was gross, I was doing my homework probably last May 2005 and yeah I saw one running across my den, and I screamed bloddy murder and my parents woke up. Let's just say they were not too happy.
Sojourner Posted October 27, 2005 Author Posted October 27, 2005 [quote name='thessalonian' date='Oct 27 2005, 11:20 AM']These are friggin mice people. What the heck are ya all city boys and girls. There are billions of mice and they all need to die. Haven't ya seen a cat play with a live mouse. God made them for sport for cats. KILL EM! On the other hand they are God creatures too so it should be done quickly but also efficiently. : [right][snapback]771907[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yep!
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 Oh, why can't they just live outside? I'd be happy. I have a funny story about mice at W.Y.D. Does anyone else?
Cow of Shame Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Oct 26 2005, 03:45 PM']I'm only really frightened of two things Spiders Intimacy [right][snapback]771253[/snapback][/right] [/quote] So, intimacy with spiders is definitely out for you, eh?
cmotherofpirl Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Oct 27 2005, 01:14 PM']So, intimacy with spiders is definitely out for you, eh? [right][snapback]771988[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Jaime Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Oct 27 2005, 12:14 PM']So, intimacy with spiders is definitely out for you, eh? [right][snapback]771988[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That would FREAK me out!!!
RC_ Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Oct 27 2005, 01:02 PM']That would FREAK me out!!! [right][snapback]772043[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Spiders are creepy! I don't want them anywhere near me!
thessalonian Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Oct 27 2005, 11:31 AM']Yep! [right][snapback]771926[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I propose a 50 pound cement block falling from about 5 feet when the little rodent attempts to steal some coagulated milk.
cmotherofpirl Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 Last night my son woke up in his bed to watch a mouse on the floor eat his nachos from Taco Bell. He yelled at it, and it just kept on eating. He chased it and it kept coming back out for more. He finally got dressed, while the mouse kept eating, put a cup over it and carried down the alley. The cat ,who had a catnip hangover, rolled over , watched the proceedings, and was quite amused by the whole process.
RC_ Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 Your son...had old...stale...nachos...on...his...floor? :puke:
cmotherofpirl Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 (edited) They weren't stale, his brother just brought them home from work and John sat them on he floor on a tray with his drink. He was studying for midterms. The mouse got to them before he did. Edited October 27, 2005 by cmotherofpirl
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now