ardillacid Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 i don't know why the other one didn't word
ardillacid Posted November 9, 2005 Author Posted November 9, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Nov 9 2005, 01:44 PM']how can you kill whats already dead? [right][snapback]783951[/snapback][/right] [/quote] No, the question was is it moral to kill someone who has the zombie virus but isn't a zombie yet.
philothea Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 Sorry, but no. Church teaching says you have to let the poor zombie-virus afflicted person die a natural death first. You can only kill them after their immortal soul has moved on and their body has turned into a zombie. Unfortunately, this means that in the battle of orthodox Catholics vs. zombies, we're doomed. OTOH, we're really good vs. vampires!
Sojourner Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 Would it be moral for them to kill themselves, since they know what's coming?
Laudate_Dominum Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 9 2005, 01:57 PM']Would it be moral for them to kill themselves, since they know what's coming? [right][snapback]783966[/snapback][/right] [/quote] no. but chances are nobody would be in such a situation because there is a vaccine which is 100% effective and if they knew they had the zombie virus, it would only make sense to get this vaccine. Once they reach the point where the vaccine would do little good, they will be in a coma anyway and could not make a rational decision. If I was stuck on a desert island and realized that I had contracted zombie virus, I might be tempted to "turn out the lights" as it were, but hopefully my response would be an act of total trust and abandonment to God.
Jazz4jesus Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 what about the ancient skeleton people found in egypt, did they have souls?
Laudate_Dominum Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 [quote name='Jazz4jesus' date='Nov 9 2005, 02:27 PM']what about the ancient skeleton people found in egypt, did they have souls? [right][snapback]784000[/snapback][/right] [/quote] haha, yeah right
Sojourner Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 9 2005, 02:26 PM']no. but chances are nobody would be in such a situation because there is a vaccine which is 100% effective and if they knew they had the zombie virus, it would only make sense to get this vaccine. Once they reach the point where the vaccine would do little good, they will be in a coma anyway and could not make a rational decision. If I was stuck on a desert island and realized that I had contracted zombie virus, I might be tempted to "turn out the lights" as it were, but hopefully my response would be an act of total trust and abandonment to God. [right][snapback]783999[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I had no idea there was a zombie virus vaccine. Guess I haven't watched enough zombie movies. Not that I'm going to remedy that situation ...
Totus Tuus Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 ok I'm either really stupid or really gullible. What is the zombie virus? [i]it's in your head/ in your head/ zombie, zombie...[/i]
Totus Tuus Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 nevermind. this is a playing-around thread. not a serious one :
Laudate_Dominum Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 9 2005, 02:36 PM']I had no idea there was a zombie virus vaccine. Guess I haven't watched enough zombie movies. Not that I'm going to remedy that situation ... [right][snapback]784008[/snapback][/right] [/quote] yeah, its been around for ages too.. I think it was developed in like 1911 or something.
Sojourner Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 9 2005, 02:42 PM']yeah, its been around for ages too.. I think it was developed in like 1911 or something. [right][snapback]784013[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Wow ... why don't more people know about it? Apparently thousands of people have succumbed to zombieism in the intervening years. According to George Romero, that is.
ardillacid Posted November 9, 2005 Author Posted November 9, 2005 [quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Nov 9 2005, 02:40 PM']ok I'm either really stupid or really gullible. What is the zombie virus? [i]it's in your head/ in your head/ zombie, zombie...[/i] [right][snapback]784011[/snapback][/right] [/quote] If you get bit by a zombie, then you will turn into a zombie within like an hour or so [quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Nov 9 2005, 02:41 PM']nevermind. this is a playing-around thread. not a serious one : [right][snapback]784012[/snapback][/right] [/quote] actually i intended it as half-serious [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 9 2005, 02:42 PM']yeah, its been around for ages too.. I think it was developed in like 1911 or something. [right][snapback]784013[/snapback][/right] [/quote] there is no zombie vaccine why couldn't you kill them...you know they are your enemy and they are going to kill you the 1st chance they get
Jazz4jesus Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 well how about warewolfs, they arent and will not be dead unlike these Zombies. so are we not allowed to kill warewolves
zabbazooey Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 (edited) Edited November 9, 2005 by zabbazooey
cmotherofpirl Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 You guys obviously haven't read the zombie survival guide. Its standard bathroom reading in my house. : [url="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1400049628/qid=1131569094/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-9324601-2815944?v=glance&s=books"]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books[/url]
philothea Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 Maybe this should be in the debate table? (Kidding. Pretty much.)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now