Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is it moral to kill someone infected with the zombie virus before they turn into a zombie?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

No one has argued in support of killing them, but three ppl voted for it...where are you people :mario:

cmotherofpirl
Posted

me.
The zombie virus kills the person, then reanimates them, so if you kill them after the virus starts to reanimate them they are dead already so its not a sin to destroy the body and save other people.

[clutches my survival guide]

Posted

Yes but i am talking about before they die and are re-animated. :doh: If you get bit by a zombie you are doomed to be a zombie and try to kill me. Why would it be wrong to terminate your existence?

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Actually if you are infected with the zombie virus, you should take your own life, which wouldn't be a sin because your were doing it to preserve the life of innocents.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

This is creepy but...

I had lot of Native American friends growing up and I just remembered this horrible story about this dark Navajo sorcerer who could make a powder that would turn a person into a zombie if it got on their skin. Oh, and the recipe for making this powder involved killing a small child and using parts of the corpse somehow. That story freaked me out when I was younger.. And what a horrible thought, wanting to turn someone into a zombie. :( Seems like a fate worse then death.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

yep.
a walking death.

:sign: Lord have mercy.

Posted

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Nov 9 2005, 05:41 PM']Actually if you are infected with the zombie virus, you should take your own life, which wouldn't be a sin because your were doing it to preserve the life of innocents.
[right][snapback]784217[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

so if you can kill yourself, why cannot you kill others? :idontknow:

Posted

So, when does the Vatican document on the morality and treatment of zombies come out? :P:

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 9 2005, 01:57 PM']Would it be moral for them to kill themselves, since they know what's coming?
[right][snapback]783966[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote]Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide.

2283 We should not despair of the eternal salvation of persons who have taken their own lives. By ways known to him alone, God can provide the opportunity for salutary repentance. The Church prays for persons who have taken their own lives.
-Catechism of the Catholic Church[/quote]

[quote]"For I wish thatI myself were accursed and separated from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kin according to the flesh." -Romans 9:3[/quote]

[color=#ff0066]Well I think suicide in this case would be morally acceptable, considering that if you are in fact infected with the virus and become a zombie, you put others' lives AND souls in danger, for you could harm them and cause them, too, to become zombies. Thus, it would be better to wish that sin of suicide upon yourself than to cause others to commit suicide or kill others. I believe it would be the same in the case of killing another. It's kind of like the whole 'Is there such thing as a just war?' question. It really depends upon the mercy of our creator. ^_^ [/color]

Edited by Tink
Posted

I think this is the best Phatmass thread ever.

Posted

lol it is :mario:

Posted

So could you say, quote van helsing "evil may have created it, left its mark on it... but evil does not rule it. So I cannot kill it."

Posted

So could you say, quote van helsing "evil may have created it, left its mark on it... but evil does not rule it. So I cannot kill it."

Posted

[quote name='Jazz4jesus' date='Nov 10 2005, 12:04 AM']So could you say, quote van helsing "evil may have created it, left its mark on it... but evil does not rule it. So I cannot kill it."
[right][snapback]784504[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Umm...zombies are dead humansthat eat humans...I'm pretty sure we can kill zombies :idontknow:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Nov 10 2005, 12:24 AM']Umm...zombies are dead humansthat eat humans...I'm pretty sure we can kill zombies :idontknow:
[right][snapback]784526[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I don't wanna kill zombies. :(

but if you killed a zombie, I wouldn't think you were a bad person. :hehehe:

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 10 2005, 12:48 AM']I don't wanna kill zombies. :(

but if you killed a zombie, I wouldn't think you were a bad person. :hehehe:
[right][snapback]784550[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes I agree...but the thread is about killing people before they turn into zombies <_<

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Nov 10 2005, 11:27 AM']Yes I agree...but the thread is about killing people before they turn into zombies <_<
[right][snapback]784799[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
They should go to a remote zombie colony. I bet zombies don't bother other zombies so it would be all cool. hehe

Posted
:weep: :cry: no on takes me seriously
Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Nov 10 2005, 11:47 AM']:weep: :cry: no on takes me seriously
[right][snapback]784824[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
aww.. I was kind of being serious.. I think it would be better to send zombies away to a cool zombieland instead of rounding them up for execution.
That should be something that they ask you when you get your drivers license. They could print it on the back so the doctors and cops know. "If you become a zombie, would you like to be euthanized or sent to zombieland?" "Um, I'll take zombieland." :hehehe:

Posted

I'm not sure I'd want to try to get a zombie's driver's license. But that's just me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...