An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Post That You Have All Been Waiting For....

Freaky Chik

Alot of protestants like to take one verse and base their lives on it, or even create a whole new church from it.

For in John 6:54 Jesus said "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life"

Talk about taking one verse and basing your church, or your life, on it.

CatholicAndFanatical

i wasnt taking that one verse and basing my life on it, I was simply showing this as an example that you cannot take one verse and live off it. you have to take everything that is said and go by it.

Since God doesnt lie, he said you must profess your faith in Him.

But he also said that you have to eat His flesh and drink His blood to have eternal life.

He also gave the keys to Heaven to Peter and gave Peter the Authority to loose or bind here on earth.

He also told Peter to tend Christs Sheep and Feed His Sheep.

It is also written that the Office of Apostles are to be passed on. Apostolic Authority.

what Church can be shown to follow all these? [jas] you seem to be a genius why not answer this for us huh?

you missed what I was saying, probably on purpose.

It is also written that the Office of Apostles are to be passed on. Apostolic Authority.

Where?

Serious question.

And not interpretation from a couple of stories somewhere, where does it directly say that?

Jas, for a better understanding of Apostolic Authority, read this

Yeshuas light

The people of God have always had a earthly leader, Jesus made this clear when he gave peter the keys to the kingdom of heaven, also known as the kingdom of God on earth. The protestant rebellion against the Churches authority echoes that of the rebellion of Korah (Numbers 16 1-11)

Yes Jesus apointed Peter leader of the Flock, along with the Apostles, The Bishops.

"Feed my Sheep" "Feed my Lambs" This is a Shepherd's Job. The Hebrew Catholics have a clear understanding of this. The office and Authority of the Pope and Bishops, echoe that of (Isiaiah 22: 19-23) "He shall be a father(papa, pope) to the inhabitants of jerusalem" Jesus instituted this office, when he built his Church and gave Peter the Authority. The Catholic Church is a Continuation and Fullfillment of Judaism, the hebrews who become Catholic recognize the fullfilllment. Also, the True Presence of Christ which we believe dwells in every tabernacle in every Catholic parish across the world, is the fullfillment of "Shekinah" in the Old Law, except now it's not restricted to the Priests, we can all share in the Presence of Shekinah in the Holy Eucharist. Also, it fullfilles the Old Testament Scriptures on the Skekinah (Presence of God)I'm not sure if you knew any of this but the Book of Revelation is Eucharistic and it was written in "Kabballah language" The Catholic Churches teaching on the Eucharist is the fullfillment of Kabballah. Kabballah was part of Jewish "Oral Tradition" Note: The Catholic church has "sacred tradition" which is also "Oral Tradition" which is why the scriptures say "not everything Jesus taught and did was written down" (john 20:30; 21:25) "I do not think the world would contain the books that would be written" Even in Judaism, Oral Tradition and Scripture were side by side, just as it is in Catholicism. Going by Bible Alone, leaves out the un-written oral tradition which is also very important.

God Bless you I will be praying for you brother.

Edited by MC Just

I wrote all that on my own, so Catholic smarty pantaloons, if I am wrong in anyway please correct me, i'm just explaining what Ive been learning from Hebrew Catholics, who are Faithful to the Magesterium.

cmotherofpirl

Okay, according to I believe Romans 10:9-10, pardon me if i'm a verse or two off, i don't have a Bible near me, one does not have to be a part of the Catholic church in order to be saved. I mean it says "if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, then you will be saved."

It also says you must be born of the water and the Spirit( Jesus talking to Nichodemus) , so baptism is a requirement as well.

WE don't take one verse and base everythnig on it either. But verses plus 2000 years of constant and consistant teaching and practice going back to the Apostles is the basis for the Christian faith.