An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Post That You Have All Been Waiting For....

Freaky Chik

And here it is.... It's not what you'd expect, but here it is. NB: it's rather long. :)

Wow. It’s been a journey. Have been a member here from August 22nd. Crikey, the time has flown. And I might say, I have learnt a lot. Not only about the Catholic Church, but about myself, and about the love that is found in Christ Jesus. I came in here, not knowing anything about the Catholic Church… and now I’m here, having learnt some of the Catholic Church (obviously not all! But more so hey).

Anyways, this post is, if you haven’t worked it out yet, in response to Ironmonks challenge at RIGHT HERE ….

Perhaps though, this is not the response you would want to hear. I stated that my intentions to do this challenge was not to prove the catholic church wrong (because really, how is this beneficial?) but for me to learn more about your faith, and to see what you believe.

Firstly, I would like to speak about love. Because it is love that I have learnt most on this board. I have learnt just how important Love is, I have learnt how important it is to speak in love and truth at all times. Many of you have not, therefore the impact that your words have had on me were of none. It did not give me a great desire to explore more of your faith, because who wants a faith where the people do not love. I escaped the arms of the occult-like-stuff when I was young, because there was no love. I escaped the pressures of the world, because there was no love. And I was embraced by the true Love that is found in our Almighty Lord. You say that you love, you preach love, but when it comes down to the nut of things… I have found no love. Perhaps this is an offense to you, but it seems that the rules of this ‘game’ is we can speak our minds… as you spoke your minds about me. Yes, I was hurt by all that you wrote, but I‘m over it now. You know, in Australia, the courts say that you are innocent until proven guilty.

I would like to say a thank-you to those who showed love… you know who you are *cough*jasjis*cough*…

but the others….

If there was any hope of me joining you in the Catholic Church, all hope was lost, and there would truly need to be a miracle of God to take place for that.

Something that I have always learnt is that God is LOVE and we are called to be reflectors of God- therefore reflectors of His love. ”And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” 2 Corinthians 3:18 Words have no meaning if there is no love, therefore the claims some of you make of the church, when you speak in your harsh ways (and do not just say that you are defending the church), it means nothing. If I speak in tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 1 Corinthians 13:1

Something for you to think about…. I have a friend who grew up in a church, everyone thought she a sweety. Now she works as a prostitute. Should I stop loving her? Clearly, being a prostitute is wrong. But does that mean I stop loving her? Or do I announce to the world that she is a fallen Christian, claim her as a heretic, as someone that we must be careful of… Or should I embrace her with grace and love, and with a friendship that is unconditional, forgive her for the times she mocks me for my faith, and tries to lure me into her lifestyle? I chose the later one, by God’s grace, and it is impacting her. She is receiving the love that comes from Christ, and it’s drawing her… she is being drawn to it… like a magnet.. And she wants more… and she is on a hunt for the One True Love found in God, and not found in the many men she sleeps with on many nights… She is coming home to the Kingdom. What if I did the first response? She’d see God as a hateful vengeance God, and it is highly possible that we would be losing a soul. How about you see me as that prostitute… a prostitute in that I’m not part of your church. Treating me the way you did is not going to draw me to your church, but push me away.

Think about it. What are you truly serious about? Are you serious about accusing people, or about seeing people come home to the Kingdom of God? (mind you, I already am home.)

Now, I began reading about the Catholic Church (from links provided by Ironmonk) and learning all about what you believe, and I must say… It has been hard work. There is a lot of work involved in learning all of this. I found it difficult taking things in, I’m not a highly intellectual person. It took a lot of time to go through everything. I really had to think, I had to use my brain, I really had to listen to what Catholics had to say. Hang on their every word, and try to take in all that they were saying. You are right, of course I’m not going to “prove” you wrong, nor do I want to. I just want to learn. But you know, the more I read, the deeper I got…. The more I had a lingering question on my mind. Why? What do I mean by why? What I mean is, Why does this have to be so difficult? Why does it seem that you need to be intellectual, why do you have to be so wise, so philosophical to come into the Church? Why is there so much involved? You have all said it yourself, not in so many words.. But that it takes a brain to get to where you are.

Only after prayer and research and more research with the Bible and historical facts and studying the "reformers" such as Wycliffe, Hus, Luther, Calvin, to name a few, came to be where I belong

….and you not to do some real research, is putting yourself in grave danger…

Now, I was asking myself WHY… WHY would God make it difficult for us to know the TRUTH… He longs to be in a relationship with Him, the hardest part He completed - crucified on the cross and raised again.

With these questions in my mind, stumbling over the many well-written words in the articles, and in prayer I turned to God and asked for direction. Because thing is, I got confused. The God I know is a God that isn’t of confusion, am I right? He is a God of order. “For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.” 1 Corinthians 14:33 So anyways, here is something important that I learnt, straight from the Word of God.1 Corinthians 1:18- 2:1-5

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;

the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."[3]

Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things -- and the things that are not -- to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."[4]

1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.[5] 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

I do not need a brain to get to God. I do not need to be highly intelligent. I do not need to know about my history. I do not need to be a philsopher. Nor a wise ol chick. All I need is God. God’s love is so powerful, God’s love is so real, God’s love is so TRUE that it DREW me into a loving relationship with the King.

Yes, I did not prove the Caetichsm (still can’t spell that hey! Bah!) wrong. Yes, I failed your challenge. But to me, that does not matter. I do not mind. Because I know the Lord Almighty. I know Him. He chose me, and you, to be His friend… His daughter/son… He doesn’t want me to come to Him using my brain, using research, using historial facts or evidence… He called me without all that. And with that, I am content.

I have learnt who I am in Christ. I have learnt that although I do not match up to your standards, that is okay. I have learnt that although I failed your challenge, I have not failed God’s challenge- to step out in faith and follow Him. “Come, and follow me.”

All of my days, I will live for the Lord.

All of my days, I will serve the Lord.

All of my days, I WILL KNOW THE LORD.

And that, is my response, to your challenge. Sorry that it is not what you wanted to hear, but I have answered with my whole heart.

With the fullness of Christ’s love,

Sammy

Edited by Freaky Chik

littleflower+JMJ

i am praying for you freaky chic.

and will continue to do so.

im sad it came to this but what can i do? but pray for you.

and pray for you i will. :)

know one thing, we are not perfect. we all fall short of God's glory.

but do know this, we care about you finding truth from the beginning to now...and we will continue to do so.

today is the holy day of obligation of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Mother Mary, and upon reading this tonite on this feastday brings hope to my heart for you and your journey of faith. coincidence? no. i think not. its providence. God's will in action. ;)

for our journeys never end, and they never will untill we are with Him.

our hearts are restless, oh Lord, until they rest in You

--St. Augustine

God bless!

your sister in christ,

flowery

+JMJ

and know that i have made a very good friend thru our little msn talking and that i count it as a blessing and am thankful! if you want to talk (about the weather or about God) im here. ;) :wub: God has alot in store for you ma'am! i just know it! your such a special and caring person who reflects such a great faith......and i know it will continue to grow. your on the right path! and i have learn great things from you! :wub:

littleflower+JMJ

also know freaky chic. that no, we do not need to be intelligent or philosphers to understand the faith that God has given us.

take my patroness saint st. theresa, who became like a child in many ways and found God.

she found things and the true faith through simple things. like God's beautiful creation of flowers. seeing Him in the beauties around us...

know that like her, we shall find God in the simple things. teaching us that all we need is trust in God, and faith like a mustard seed can move mountains.

God asks us not to have 4 theology degrees but the faith, grace and love, to follow Him. and we shall find truth as a result.

and if she, st. therese, can find the catholic faith in the little ways and things around her and understand it better in depth than anyone else could...we can too!!

st. therese, the little flower, pray for us that we may come to know God in the fullest that He has given us here on earth and that we too may come to know and learn your "little way" that shall lead us to heaven and Jesus!

http://ewtn.com/therese/therese.htm

http://littleflower.org/

i encourage you to read her book, "story of a soul". i think you will enjoy it very much. its a special book that can teach us so much, and we can see that through this book that is her diary. how she saw God through the simple things in life...if you want i can send my copy to you.

its simple, its sweet and its true. ;) :wub: :wub:

God bless!

pax christi

your sister in Christ,

flowery icon12.gif

+JMJ

ps. st. therese is one of the great doctors of the catholic church! ;)

Love, such a vague word. Love is not always something gentle and cute, love can be under a different disguise that we may not recognize at first.

When a parent smacks their child in a justified matter, because their child was doing something wrong... does that mean that parent doesn't love their child? What right do we have, to make such a judgment?

You claim that we have not shown love, but have we? Maybe by your own perspective and understanding of the meaning of love, but what about other known characteristics of the word love?

Did Jesus always show the cute and gentle love towards everyone? Did he not condemn what the Pharisees were doing? When he condemned them, did he hate them? Did he do it out of love? Just in another fashion? Of course, people can disguise their bitter intentions under the disguise of tough love. But I can assure you, many of us have not bitterly tried to condemn you as an evil doer.

You see, we are inDouche human. We sometimes are not always patient, and can get a little edgy. But do not mistake our zeal to defend the Church, as an act of bitterness towards you or to others. One of our key goals is to strive for charity towards others, if it be in a gentle and cute matter... or in a raw and aggressive matter.

I am deeply sorry you feel that way, and I swear on the bottom of my heart... I truly mean what I say. I'm not putting on a fake face, or a "holier than thou" attitude, or anything of the sort. I'm just simply trying to make you understand.

You do not need to be a scientist to understand the Catholic faith, but faith and reason are two important key factors here. I can believe that Jesus Christ was a woman who married 3 men... but would I be right? I can claim that the Holy Spirit told me so. But how would I be able to back up my claim?

Of course there are some things that cannot be explained with words, but when it comes to matters of the Christian faith, our doctrine... our beliefs, we must have some basis for them. We cannot just rely on our interpretations that we actually think (through our ignorance) are of the Holy Spirit. Because our emotions can trick us.

Emotions aren't a bad thing at all, heck no. But we must keep them in check. In my perspective and those of 1 billion Catholics around the globe, we (apart from the cafeteria Catholics) believe the Catholic Church is the visible Body of Christ. Christ founded an earthly, visible Church upon "Solid Kephas" aka Peter (Mc Just inspired). To protect us from error, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit upon the Church. We have survived for 2000 years. Any other organization would have either been in ruins or severely damaged... for what the Church has been through.

I'm not going to go on and on about the Church right now, but it's important to understand this...

We strive to show charity to others, if it be in one form or another. Not to use false charity as a disguise for our bitter intentions, or to just simply say "We're doing this out of love". We strive to show charity, so we can be more like Christ. We are human, therefore we fail at times. But do not mistake our aggressive attitudes as bitterness, hatred, or whatever. You just don't know if we're showing a different form of love. A aggressive love.

How can you truly follow a belief system, that has no reasonable or historical proof that it's accurate? Only the simple claim that you feel it's right? What about those of other religions? Just because some people believe that Buddha is real, makes them right? Are they following the Holy Spirit? Or are their emotions tricking them? Or are they ignorant? What about if I claimed Jesus was a woman and married 3 guys? Would I be right?

We're here to do our mission, and our mission is to spread the message of Christ and of his Church: to every living creature. Throughout the 2000 years of the Catholic Church, the gates of Hell have not prevailed, and never would they ever be.

Just like to note this to Freaky Chick and anyone else who is lurking on the phorum...

I'm a former Pentecostal now a Catholic convert. I know what I'm saying, I've been there and done that.

Love, such a vague word.  Love is not always something gentle and cute, love can be under a different disguise that we may not recognize at first.

When a parent smacks their child in a justified matter, because their child was doing something wrong... does that mean that parent doesn't love their child?  What right do we have, to make such a judgment?

You claim that we have not shown love, but have we?  Maybe by your own perspective and understanding of the meaning of love, but what about other known characteristics of the word love?

Did Jesus always show the cute and gentle love towards everyone?  Did he not condemn what the Pharisees were doing?  When he condemned them, did he hate them?  Did he do it out of love?  Just in another fashion?  Of course, people can disguise their bitter intentions under the disguise of tough love.  But I can assure you, many of us have not bitterly tried to condemn you as an evil doer.

You see, we are inDouche human.  We sometimes are not always patient, and can get a little edgy.  But do not mistake our zeal to defend the Church, as an act of bitterness towards you or to others.  One of our key goals is to strive for charity towards others, if it be in a gentle and cute matter... or in a raw and aggressive matter.

I am deeply sorry you feel that way, and I swear on the bottom of my heart... I truly mean what I say.  I'm not putting on a fake face, or a "holier than thou" attitude, or anything of the sort.  I'm just simply trying to make you understand.

You do not need to be a scientist to understand the Catholic faith, but faith and reason are two important key factors here.  I can believe that Jesus Christ was a woman who married 3 men... but would I be right?  I can claim that the Holy Spirit told me so.  But how would I be able to back up my claim?

Of course there are some things that cannot be explained with words, but when it comes to matters of the Christian faith, our doctrine... our beliefs, we must have some basis for them.  We cannot just rely on our interpretations that we actually think (through our ignorance) are of the Holy Spirit.  Because our emotions can trick us.

Emotions aren't a bad thing at all, heck no.  But we must keep them in check.  In my perspective and those of 1 billion Catholics around the globe, we (apart from the cafeteria Catholics) believe the Catholic Church is the visible Body of Christ.  Christ founded an earthly, visible Church upon "Solid Kephas" aka Peter (Mc Just inspired).  To protect us from error, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit upon the Church.  We have survived for 2000 years.  Any other organization would have either been in ruins or severely damaged... for what the Church has been through.

I'm not going to go on and on about the Church right now, but it's important to understand this...

We strive to show charity to others, if it be in one form or another.  Not to use false charity as a disguise for our bitter intentions, or to just simply say "We're doing this out of love".  We strive to show charity, so we can be more like Christ.  We are human, therefore we fail at times.  But do not mistake our aggressive attitudes as bitterness, hatred, or whatever.  You just don't know if we're showing a different form of love.  A aggressive love.

How can you truly follow a belief system, that has no reasonable or historical proof that it's accurate?  Only the simple claim that you feel it's right?  What about those of other religions?  Just because some people believe that Buddha is real, makes them right?  Are they following the Holy Spirit?  Or are their emotions tricking them?  Or are they ignorant?  What about if I claimed Jesus was a woman and married 3 guys?  Would I be right?

We're here to do our mission, and our mission is to spread the message of Christ and of his Church: to every living creature.  Throughout the 2000 years of the Catholic Church, the gates of Hell have not prevailed, and never would they ever be.

WORD.

Freaky Chick,

You should learn to ignore the over abrasiveness and bad etiquette in people. I have. Most of the time--the intentions of their hearts look so much better than the package they present it in.

I hope you stay here at phatmass, if for nothing else, to help us learn the importance of charity.

God bless.

Hey, Freakychic!

I don't know about "intellectualism".......that is that one must have "brains" to comprehend something relating to God.

I'd say you are right in there with the best of us when it comes to trying to figure out all of His mysteries.

Also, I thought I recognized one of my quotes in your latest posts. I mentioned how I researched...........blah, blah, blah, and blah.

All I did is what you could easily have done too!!! You probably know all of the great "reformers" of the Church, so you can check them out and then check the history of the Church out prior to these illustrious people.

Also please keep in mind that to know the scriptures individually was virtually impossible until the invention of the printing press in the fifteenth century, and then you could only understand if you could read.........latin! That was the language of "education" back then. So how could Sola Scriptura or Bible alone be even now? Were all of the Christians prior to the Reformation wrong?

Oh how I can imagine you are probably sick of these questions! (if you are, then don't feel you must answer me, and just think of them.) Did I tell you that I used to be a Pentecostal?.........Your cautiousness in seeking and discerning truth is totally understandable and even appreciated by me, believe me!!!.......Whatever lack of love you did not experience, at least know that I love you in Christ, and I think that everyone else here on this "phorum" does too. Just understand that we overall can tend to get carried away at times and please forgive us our weaknesses, but also please understand, that fair is fair. If you get asked a question that's difficult, just say so and when you CAN answer it, just answer it as you understand it. If you get attacked for that, call that person on it! We are here to learn and grow in truth, not argue! - God bless! - Muschi

Flowerly- You have a heart of gold and I love you. You just shine for Jesus, and I want to encourage you... to continue to do so. Continue to love people the way that you love, continue to show them what God is made of! Hon, when people drag you down.... don't listen to them... when they persecute you for your faith.... dont' let that stop u... Just take a stand. Stand up, continue to love them, and give it to God. Press into God girl. Continue to grow in Him !

Paladin- You are one cool brother. I love your love for your country, I love your love for the King. Stand strong bro. Your boldness is outstanding. Continue to serve the King, continue to live for Him. I know you find it hard at home, with your family, but don't be discouraged- for you know who you are in Christ. Set free by His grace and love, loved by the Almighty.

Tina- Just like your sister, you have a heart of gold. Ofcourse I pray for you all. I pray for all of my brothers and sisters in Christ, that they may continue to grow in Him. I want to encourage you also, to continue serving the way you do. Your humble attitude is contagious. RUN FOR HIM :)

dUST- You do a good job on Phatmass, keep up the good work. It is good to see the patience you have for people, and the serving attitude also. You are one of the people on this who I admire. Keep it up Dust, keep it up. I love you, my bro.

Muschi- You are one amesome sister. I've been noticing your posts on phatmass, and i can see that you are something different. It's like you're a bubble of joy, a bubble of encouragement, and you're one who never stops loving. When people reject your love Muschi, don't let that dampen your spirit... but let it make u just wanna love them even more.

God bless