sweetpea316 Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 Funny... people usually say that Texans are the ones that need to learn how to drive... especially in Dallas.
ardillacid Posted December 2, 2005 Author Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='Revprodeji' date='Dec 1 2005, 06:10 PM']u use 35 everyday? where do you live... who is whapner [right][snapback]807512[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I live in Savage, where do you live? [quote name='thessalonian' date='Dec 1 2005, 06:20 PM']Ten Minutes to wapner. I use 35 W every day. I live in BP and work in Eagan. [right][snapback]807519[/snapback][/right] [/quote] what does bp stand for? better petroleum? [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 1 2005, 06:31 PM']You are only allowed to drive slow on the driveway! [right][snapback]807530[/snapback][/right] [/quote] amen [quote name='thessalonian' date='Dec 1 2005, 06:37 PM']Course in 1986 46,400 male drivers were definitely involved in fatal accidents. [right][snapback]807538[/snapback][/right] [/quote] females get in more accidents than males, yet their insurance is lower [quote name='The Joey-O' date='Dec 1 2005, 06:46 PM']Minnesotans can drive. We drive way better than Iowans. [right][snapback]807554[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I am sorry to burst your bubble but that is false. Have you ever driven through Iowa? at least they know the fast lane is for fast people and to get over if you aren't going to go fast
AlterDominicus Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='ardillacid' date='Dec 1 2005, 01:37 PM']TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE! Here are some good ideas for ppl who don't know how to drive: The fast lane is called the fast lane for a reason...and its not to go as slow as the slow lane. 30 on the freeway is not acceptable! [right][snapback]807058[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I couldnt agree more. And I'm not driving yet. I have to get $160 first, even though I did pass he permit test in DE class. I live in Minnesota. Tis okie here...
thessalonian Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 (edited) [quote]what does bp stand for? better petroleum?[/quote] Sorry, Brooklyn Park, north end. I work in the south end. [quote]females get in more accidents than males, yet their insurance is lower [/quote] Apparently you haven't seen Rain Man either or forgot. I highly recommend it. Edited December 2, 2005 by thessalonian
N/A Gone Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 dang, lots of minnesota types... Im in rochester mostly, But I run a multi-state business so i travel alot.
ardillacid Posted December 2, 2005 Author Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='thessalonian' date='Dec 1 2005, 10:53 PM']Apparently you haven't seen Rain Man either or forgot. I highly recommend it. [right][snapback]807797[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I have seen it, but what does it have to do with females getting in crashes more than males?
Jaime Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 DISCLAIMER TO PHATMASS MEMBERS: Not all Minnesotans are obsessed with Tom Cruise movies.
N/A Gone Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 Ive never seen the movie.. how many of you are minnesotas?
homeschoolmom Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 1 2005, 11:10 PM']DISCLAIMER TO PHATMASS MEMBERS: Not all Minnesotans are obsessed with Tom Cruise movies. [right][snapback]807808[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I prefer to think of it as a Dustin Hoffman movie.... excellent movie... excellent...
homeschoolmom Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='Revprodeji' date='Dec 1 2005, 11:29 PM']Ive never seen the movie.. how many of you are minnesotas? [right][snapback]807830[/snapback][/right] [/quote] If you mean Minnesotan, then "ME!" But I seriously questioned that this week... I can't stand one more winter here. I hate it. I just... I hate it...
Sojourner Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 1 2005, 11:10 PM']DISCLAIMER TO PHATMASS MEMBERS: Not all Minnesotans are obsessed with Tom Cruise movies. [right][snapback]807808[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Thank God. I was starting to worry. I personally have never liked T.C. His recent behavior has only confirmed his weasel-ness in my book.
Sojourner Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 2 2005, 08:52 AM']If you mean Minnesotan, then "ME!" But I seriously questioned that this week... I can't stand one more winter here. I hate it. I just... I hate it... [right][snapback]808292[/snapback][/right] [/quote] If I move up there and you move away, you're in big trouble.
Jaime Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 We do have some idiosyncracies here. For example there is the "three ask" rule. If you are visiting someone's house and they offer you anything to eat or drink, they have to ask three times before you can say yes. "Are you hungry? I could fix you something" "No I'm fine! Thank you though." "Are you sure? Its not a problem" " No that's ok. I had a big lunch" "It's no trouble. What can I get you?" "Well if it's no trouble..." If you say "sure" on the first round and do not respect the "three ask" rule, you will never be invited over again and you will be forever deemed rude and unseemly. Rumor has it that Tom Cruise doesn't even wait to be asked. He just starts rummaging through the cupboards.
Sojourner Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 OK, so with the three-ask rule, does that apply to strangers or to friends? For example, if I have someone I don't know very well over, they typically don't go rummage through my cupboards. But my good friends all know it's OK, and they (especially the guys) do exactly that.
Jaime Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 Its the rule for the first time at someone's house. Friend, stranger or otherwise. After that the rule generally relaxes
homeschoolmom Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 AH, but the three ask rule can backfire in this day of many transplants. If you go to the home of a transplant thinking that they are natives you may be in trouble. If they ask you if you want something and you say, "no" they may not ask again. So, those of us who are more "in the know" about other cultures (like Wisconsinites and Iowans) just try to be more blunt. Sad but true.
Sojourner Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 2 2005, 09:50 AM']AH, but the three ask rule can backfire in this day of many transplants. If you go to the home of a transplant thinking that they are natives you may be in trouble. If they ask you if you want something and you say, "no" they may not ask again. So, those of us who are more "in the know" about other cultures (like Wisconsinites and Iowans) just try to be more blunt. Sad but true. [right][snapback]808326[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I probably wouldn't ask again, even though I know about the 3-ask rule. Although I might grow into it.
thessalonian Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 (edited) Disclaimer: I am not obsessed with TC movies. It was just kinda fun to mess with people with those lines. That one is the only one I can recall that I liked. "I'm a good driver. I'm and excellent driver" and I'm from Minnesota. By the way, I'll take driving hear over the east coast any day. It's nutz out there. i.e. boston. Edited December 2, 2005 by thessalonian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now