N/A Gone Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 Some people, ironically the ones i seem to argue against, have the term.. "hello I do not rep the church" in red print.. whats with that?
Aloysius Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 they are either in the group "non-Catholics" or "phishy" a non-Catholic is a non-Catholic, very simple a phishy is someone who claims to be Catholic but has exhibitted some heterodox or schismatic views
N/A Gone Posted December 2, 2005 Author Posted December 2, 2005 ahh...so, the question is do I become a militant or a phishy first? coin flip? anyone
Aloysius Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 dUSt, and dUSt alone, has the power to decide to assign you to a group. it takes a while, you have to establish yourself and then one day if you're really good someone who is already a Church Faithful or Church Militant will nominate you and dUSt will put you in the group.
Socrates Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='Revprodeji' date='Dec 1 2005, 10:48 PM']ahh...so, the question is do I become a militant or a phishy first? coin flip? anyone [right][snapback]807791[/snapback][/right] [/quote] All the cool people become phishies! "Popestpiusx" became "King of the Sea" but is now living in exile. I'm too much of a landlubber to be Phishy myself. I'm too militant to be "Church Militant" and I'm too orthodox to be "Church Faithful." Therefore, I'm - nothing! Just don't offend nobody, never rock the boat, and you'll get far in Phatmass.
N/A Gone Posted December 2, 2005 Author Posted December 2, 2005 hmmm...so i have to re-establish my theological pimpness..gotcha
Aloysius Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=23436"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=23436[/url]
N/A Gone Posted December 2, 2005 Author Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='Socrates' date='Dec 2 2005, 12:19 AM']Just don't offend nobody, never rock the boat, and you'll get far in Phatmass. [right][snapback]807817[/snapback][/right] [/quote] yea...fluff, whats the chance of this?
philothea Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Dec 1 2005, 11:18 PM']dUSt, and dUSt alone, has the power to decide to assign you to a group. it takes a while, you have to establish yourself and then one day if you're really good someone who is already a Church Faithful or Church Militant will nominate you and dUSt will put you in the group. [right][snapback]807816[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You forgot the long period where dUSt ignores everyone, between the nomination and him putting someone in a group. I'm really not bitter or anything. Not at all!
Aloysius Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 I think Socrates is just feeling left in the dust cause he never got a group status, he was really just overlooked probably Ironmonk, quite a boat rocker, had Church Militant status. just exhibit orthodoxy and you can get to be Church Faithful eventually, exhibit defense of that orthodoxy and you'll eventually become Church Militant.
Aloysius Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 lol yeah, dUSt is a busy guy, he will ignore you. and that's just too darn bad actually
Guest T-Bone Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 <---is sometimes glad he flies under the radar, as he tends to be a hot-head...
PadreSantiago Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 i think there should be a new group called the phatmass PIRATES ARRRG these would be non-catholics that are really sarcastic and like booty. I think I'd be a perfect inductee... [img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b24/tempted4/th_c22b382a.gif[/img]
Theologian in Training Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Dec 2 2005, 01:26 AM']I think Socrates is just feeling left in the dust cause he never got a group status, he was really just overlooked probably Ironmonk, quite a boat rocker, had Church Militant status. just exhibit orthodoxy and you can get to be Church Faithful eventually, exhibit defense of that orthodoxy and you'll eventually become Church Militant. [right][snapback]807825[/snapback][/right] [/quote] And, if you fall under all of those categories and have a degree in theology, then they make you a Church Scholar Believe it or not, phatmass consisted of a small group of people that grew into what you see today. Kind of like the Apostles.....a small close-knit group that gained the attention of others...only to become well-recognized and known When it was small, it was easier to manage. Actually, I seem to recall, way back when, the reason for the titles was due to the influx of people, and the inability to tell who was who and where each person stood. Dust created the titles to prevent this from happening, especially when that influx consisted of very militant non-Catholics who pretended to be faithful Catholics. God Bless
Jaime Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote]And, if you fall under all of those categories and have a degree in theology, then they make you a Church Scholar wink.gif[/quote] Not always :
Theoketos Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='Socrates' date='Dec 1 2005, 11:19 PM'] Just don't offend nobody, never rock the boat, and you'll get far in Phatmass. [right][snapback]807817[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I disagree. I think there is an admitted distinction between offending some formally and materially on this board.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 I used to be a ultra-traditionalist Catholic, now i am a faithful orthodox catholic. it just takes a while for the phishy status to be lifted.
Guest T-Bone Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 ***quickly puts his towel over his head***
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now