Aloysius Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 I currently have in my dorm room a red bucket full of humanure compost, as well as photographs of the building up of that compost to prove that its contents are truly humanure. This is in response to a challenge issued by my professor who said he was sure that no one would ever actually do it-- to actually do what [url="http://www.weblife.org/humanure/default.html"]The Humanure Handbook[/url] talks about and compost your own human waste. [img]http://www.weblife.org/humanure/images/humanurecover_medium.jpg[/img] I used woodshavings, pine needles, and fruit peels as well as well... the remains of my food after it was digested by me , to build this compost pile. It really smells fine, like fresh pine and oranges. All the organic material surrounding it thusly makes it quite sanitary. Alas, I can only imagine the professor's surprise tomarrow when I bring into class my bucket and pictures. When he challenged he said that if anyone actually did do it, he'd give them an A in the course. I challenged him asking if he was serious numerous times, giving him the chance to say just kidding. Since he affirmed the seriousness, I shall hold him to his word! Thus, today at 10:30 AM I shall show up at class with a bucket of humanure and politely ask the teacher to recall a certain challenge he issued that he did not expect to be answered. I shall then proceed to claim my A in the class! I am absolutely jittery and extatic!
annie Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 OK, if it does work, will you patent the process, or has it already been patented, and are you prepared to deal with the other students who are totally grossed out and will never want to visit you at your nome or office?
Sojourner Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 I am so, so glad that I'm not your roommate.
Carrie Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Dec 2 2005, 11:34 AM']I am so, so glad that I'm not your roommate. [right][snapback]808311[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Amen to that.
Dreamweaver Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 Oh man, I really really feel sorry for your roommate. You better take him out for a nice steak dinner and foot the bill. :
Sojourner Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Dec 2 2005, 11:09 AM']Oh man, I really really feel sorry for your roommate. You better take him out for a nice steak dinner and foot the bill. : [right][snapback]808412[/snapback][/right] [/quote] At the very, very least.
Aloysius Posted December 2, 2005 Author Posted December 2, 2005 haha I have a single, but it doesn't even matter-- if you use wood chips and pineneedles, there is no bad smell.
Aloysius Posted December 2, 2005 Author Posted December 2, 2005 So yeah, I turned it in. The teacher was floored. It was absolutely awesome. I'm getting an A The students were all weirded out though, lol.
zabbazooey Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 Awesome job Al! That's not something I am willing to do for an A! :applause:
annie Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 hope there weren't any girls you were hoping to go out with in that class....
annie Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 does she know of your future as a porcelain engineer?
Aloysius Posted December 2, 2005 Author Posted December 2, 2005 : I told her about it... she wasn't too thrilled... I don't think she'd be too receptive to trying to save money on crazy expensive septic tanks and toilet plumbing by composting... sigh... lol oh, and my teacher just emailed me asking me to write an essay on it. I believe I shall, just for fun and as a formality so he can justify actually giving me the A.
Sojourner Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Dec 2 2005, 12:27 PM']haha I have a single, but it doesn't even matter-- if you use wood chips and pineneedles, there is no bad smell. [right][snapback]808489[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Even without the smell, you've still had a pail full of poo in your room. That's just revolting.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now