Cow of Shame Posted December 3, 2005 Posted December 3, 2005 Certainly shows to what lengths someone will go to get an A....
missionseeker Posted December 3, 2005 Posted December 3, 2005 I thought in China that they died because they "releived" themselves in the rice feilds. ? [quote name='Aloysius' date='Dec 2 2005, 02:49 PM']lol it's actually quite sanitary (that's what the woodchips and other organic material around it are designed to do). don't think of it as a bucket of poo, think of it as a bucket of compost. the orange peels in it actually made it smell quite lovely to look at it you'd think there were only pine needles, wood chips, orange peels, apple cores, et cetera. the poo is covered and compressed under each layer of compost, it heats down there and bio-degrades. in a few months it can produce fertile soil. [right][snapback]808557[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I won State Plant and soil Science exhibit one time. I did it on compost. Don't pack it too tight because if it gets too hot, it will spontaneously cumbust. I wonder what would happen if I entered a humanure exhibit????........
Laudate_Dominum Posted December 3, 2005 Posted December 3, 2005 I wonder if there are less pathogens in vegetarian people's pooh than meat eaters?
missionseeker Posted December 3, 2005 Posted December 3, 2005 yeah, like what would be the best diet for a person making humanure? Or has no one studied that yet?
Dave Posted February 18, 2006 Posted February 18, 2006 Let's bump this ... especially since Al never answered my questions in post #26 ... I don't know why I have this morbid curiosity to know, but I do. Also, did the TP become part of the compost, or did that get taken to the nearest toilet and flushed?
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted February 18, 2006 Posted February 18, 2006 You have a thunder bucket in your dorm room!? HAHAHA! I second Dave's questions in post 26. Personally, I would skip the middle-man and just mushy mud pie in the bucket. Hope your friends knock before entering though...
morostheos Posted February 18, 2006 Posted February 18, 2006 Al, my envi sci friends in college would LOVE you!! (provided you didn't start talking about politics : ) Our favorite brand of composting toilets was the Clavis Multrum. There was an ongoing inside joke about Clavis jumping. We talked about it as an extreme sport and asked newbies if they had ever been. I know, environmental science folks are a little different.
Aloysius Posted February 20, 2006 Author Posted February 20, 2006 ahhh stop bumping this, I'll never be able to run for public office!! I shall say only this: I made sure that all the humanure was made a part of the compost heap. interpret it as you will.
phatcatholic Posted February 20, 2006 Posted February 20, 2006 this is the funniest thread in the history of phatmass
phatcatholic Posted February 20, 2006 Posted February 20, 2006 btw, Al, we are all waiting w/ baited breath for you to answer Dave's questions in post #26
Aloysius Posted February 20, 2006 Author Posted February 20, 2006 that was my answer. lol. the pictures were only of the actual contents of the bucket, not me. it all went directly into the bucket. all of the humanure, no particle went down the toilet because that would be contrary to the point. therefore it all went into the compost heap. that's my answer
Dave Posted February 20, 2006 Posted February 20, 2006 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Feb 19 2006, 10:15 PM']it all went directly into the bucket. all of the humanure, no particle went down the toilet because that would be contrary to the point. therefore it all went into the compost heap. that's my answer [right][snapback]892353[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Even the toilet paper?
missionseeker Posted February 20, 2006 Posted February 20, 2006 [quote name='Dave' date='Feb 19 2006, 11:20 PM']Even the toilet paper? [right][snapback]892459[/snapback][/right] [/quote] TP is compostable.
Laudate_Dominum Posted February 20, 2006 Posted February 20, 2006 [quote name='missionseeker' date='Feb 19 2006, 11:15 PM']TP is compostable. [right][snapback]892495[/snapback][/right] [/quote] True, but I want to create rolls of mullen toilet paper. Nothing could be more soft and soothing to the skin. Plenty of moisturizers and other good stuff. [img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b17/fangorn35/mullen3.jpg[/img]
homeschoolmom Posted September 10, 2007 Posted September 10, 2007 It would seem that not everyone is familiar with the Humanure Project.
knightec Posted September 10, 2007 Posted September 10, 2007 I think that there are several govt. agencies that have already patented recycling their own mushy mud pie.
photosynthesis Posted September 10, 2007 Posted September 10, 2007 Reason #2,305,491 why I avoided living in co-ed dorms when I was in college.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now