An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns, Guns Guns

Winchester

Should civilians have the right to own firearms?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kilroy the Ninja

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Sep 12 2005, 11:53 PM']i rely on my superior mystical ninja skills just fine  :ninja:
[right][snapback]721494[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, me too.

But my sensei's very first lesson was not to stray too far from your rifle, or at the very least to have a pistol with you to fight your way back to your rifle, which you should never have put down in the first place.

But my superior mystical ninja skills have kept me sharp!

My 9mm, a .22 burp rifle, an SKS and Winchester's borrowed shotgun let me sleep tight. Even when we forget to lock the front door.

:D:

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Kilroy the Ninja' date='Sep 16 2005, 11:35 AM']Yeah, me too.
But my sensei's very first lesson was not to stray too far from your rifle, or at the very least to have a pistol with you to fight your way back to your rifle, which you should never have put down in the first place.
But my superior mystical ninja skills have kept me sharp!

My 9mm, a .22 burp rifle, an SKS and Winchester's borrowed shotgun let me sleep tight.  Even when we forget to lock the front door.

:D:
[right][snapback]725658[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

looking at your list I realize that I really need to get the rest of the guns from my pparents house, that is just not nearly enough firepower.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 16 2005, 08:42 AM']I got them from an article in the march 2004 copy of American Hunter by John R Lott jr.  He apparantly has a book called " The Bias agianst Guns".  And another article in the same magazine regarding Gary A Mauser' s ( Professer at Canada's Simon Fraser University you can sa ha  ha to your canadian friend)  study on Gun bans.
[right][snapback]725411[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Thx, bro. :)

[quote name='Jake Huether' date='Jul 21 2003, 10:14 AM']

If it wasn't guns, then it would be knives.  If it wasn't knives, it'd be pitch forks and shovles. 

[right][snapback]6932[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That reminds me of the line in Star Trek V where the Federation representative tells the Romulan representative "We forbade them weapons....they made their own".

My personal stand is this:

Innocent law-abiding people should be allowed to have them. Gang-bangers should not.

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Sep 22 2005, 05:21 PM']That reminds me of the line in Star Trek V where the Federation representative tells the Romulan representative "We forbade them weapons....they made their own".

My personal stand is this:

Innocent law-abiding people should be allowed to have them.  Gang-bangers should not.
[right][snapback]734570[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He who beats his sword into a plowshare will plow for he who did not.

• 5 weeks later...
chickens4life

sorry the computer just got atacked by my brother <_< ....
anyway,

I like my guns, I have a couple shotguns and I hunt almost every day in the fall. And I would not take well to much stricter gun laws, should they come in to being.

that being said I think that backround checks should always be necisary.

• 2 weeks later...

all this gun control stuff sounds awfully strange to us country boys. I understand a lot better having lived in Chicago for a few years. Up here, guns are only ever fired at human beings. That's the only thing they're for as far as Chicagoans are concerned.

Now back home...well we shoot at clay pigeons, real pigeons, woodland creatures, tin cans, whiskey bottles, streetlights, streetsigns, catfish that are big enough to kill you, tv's, jukeboxes......pretty much everything is a potential target EXCEPT people which everybody knows you ain't supposed to shoot.