An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns, Guns Guns

Winchester

Should civilians have the right to own firearms?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i say that people should be alowwed to have them, but with limited power to use them.....and people who have committed a serious crime (murder, rape, etc.) should not have the right to own one.

As long as guns exist, the average person should be allowed access to effective ones. As long as the government agencies have guns, the people should have comparable ones. As long as criminals have guns, the lawful should have comparable ones.

The right to weaponry does not rest within the state. The right to enforce law (which begins well outside the state) is not a sole possession of the state.

cmotherofpirl

If you think about police do not prevent crime, but try to catch the guy after the fact. Now this can stop a future crime, but doesn't affect the original one.

Its my right to protect myself, it does not derive from the state.

ryanmeyersmusic

i think it's interesting that many catholics who are against the death penalty seem to think it's perfectly ok to blow someone's head off for trying to steal your tv...

TempleofVesarius

if that person who is BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE is trying to steal my tv, chances are pretty good that they would also harm me or my family. Once that line has been crossed its not about punishing them, it has nothing to do with harming them, IT HAS TO DO WITH THE SAFTY OF MY FAMILY AND MY OWN SAFETY

Someone breaks into my house, he's gonna get shot or stabbed or beaten to a pulp, questioned later. I have a wife and child, and unconfronted criminals become more dangerous. There is no reason for people to enter my house unbidden.

cmotherofpirl

i think it's interesting that many catholics who are against the death penalty seem to think it's perfectly ok to blow someone's head off for trying to steal your tv...

How do you know we are against the death penalty?

Kilroy the Ninja

Apparently if someone breaks into Winchester's house they're liable to get shot by Don John too... B) (Inside joke - sorry)

:ph34r:

The only important stuff, they won't bother to steal, and once it becomes worth stealing, I shall have sharks with frikkin laser beams attached to their heads to defend my lair.

cmotherofpirl

I prefer a large dog.

Did I tell you my daughter was bitten by a boa constrictor?

Maybe I can hire him as an attack snake. He can sit next to my fake tarantula named Norton who guards my computer.

I have a wooden mallet in my car called "The Hillbilly Attitude Adjuster." I haven't had to use it yet, though. It could be the "Carjacker Attitude Adjuster" too!

• 2 years later...