An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns, Guns Guns

Winchester

Should civilians have the right to own firearms?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don John of Austria

also god conquers--- more people get shot and live than die in the United States at least.

Sadly, bc, naked statistics are rarely enlightening. They're manipulated to prove political agendas. What was the method of compiling the statsitics? Which shootings involved legally owned guns, which involved suicide? Stolen guns? Accidental shootings.

I own four (or five, I forget) guns. I've never been shot, never been shot at. It's about responsibility. If we could get rid of cars, we'd save alot of lives.

Don John of Austria

yeah for that matter all the times I have been shot at were either before I owned a gun, or when I was unarmed.

ReformationNow

The best defense is a good offense. I have a Katana(sp?) hanging above my bed and a baseball bat on one side. I am a firm beleiver in self defense. I've been robbed twice, once at gupoint, one with a knife(I was a pizza delivery guy). I've believed in Self-Defense before that, but now I just beef myself up a little, and I've learned more about hand-to-hand combat. I've got Marine friends who teach me. Messing with me is a big mistake. And God help the person who hurts my family, 'cause I'm coming for them and hades is riding with me. We have a God-given right to defend our homes, our lives, and our families(not necassarily in that order).

I specially made my own bedroom door out of 1" solid oak, with diamond plating on both sides. Three deadbolts, not counting the regular door lock. I have a 6" knife under my pillow and a shotgun by my bed. And my dog sleeps in the room beside me.

Dude,

You have more issues than the paper boy. ;)

ReformationNow

Dude,

You have more issues than the paper boy. ;)

LOL! There is more crime in my neighborhood than in alot of others in the area. I live across the street from drug dealers. But nobody, and I mean nobody, messes with me.

[hijack] anybody else think that Don knows way more about crossbows than someone in the 21st century really should?????[/hijack]

(by the way, that was a joke. Really. No. I mean it. Ya know I love ya Boo)

LOL! There is more crime in my neighborhood than in alot of others in the area. I live across the street from drug dealers. But nobody, and I mean nobody, messes with me.

I'm totally serious. I used to live across the street from armoured car robbers. I could tell you stories that would freak you out. Wells Fargo sent an investigator to us and asked if he could use our yard and house for survellience. The guy who lived there had a wife and kids. A few days after he got arrested, his house kept getting broken into. I'm talking kick the door in, people with guns and stuff and it wasn't the police. A lot more stuff than that happened. What if they made a mistake and broke in my house. What if they thought nobody had guns. Would they be more brazen?

Don, that is statistically improbabl, I urge you to reassess that you were either armed, or not actually shot at.

Don John of Austria

Well they were pointing this things at me and bullets came out of them and I didn't have a gun, hmmmmm... well one of the times I was working on my yard, I had a shovel so I guess that might count as being armed. Lets see, I may have had my pocket knife once but it was in my pocket still that may count as armed, but the first time I was shot at i definantly had no weapons of any kind, I just was foolishly trying to help a women in a fight in a parking lot.

silly me. so if a shovel counts as armed then yes once, the pocket knife maybe but definantly not the first time. What can I say I am a statistical weirdo.

You remember that time when we were driving home and then that group of guys started chaseing us and waveing the pistol around trying to get a clear shot while you speed through residential streets with no lights on trying to escape them, wasn't it so nice that we didn't have a gun and you had to prepare to play chicken when we pulled down the dead end road. didn't that feel so much better than when the guy did the same thing years later and I pulled out the rifle and he sped off to who knows where rather than trying to kill us. I mean resigning yourself to a head on collision is so much better than just being able to defend yourself isn't it.

Edited by Don John of Austria

IcePrincessKRS

that must have been so scary though.... :blink:

Yeah, I'm sure it was... I meant the degree of sarcasm and humor those two always exhibit. I love it. :blink:

God Conquers

Don, that is statistically improbabl, I urge you to reassess that you were either armed, or not actually shot at.
Well they were pointing this things at me and bullets came out of them and I didn't have a gun, hmmmmm... well one of the times I was working on my yard, I had a shovel so I guess that might count as being armed. Lets see, I may have had my pocket knife once but it was in my pocket still that may count as armed, but the first time I was shot at i definantly had no weapons of any kind, I just was foolishly trying to help a women in a fight in a parking lot.

silly me. so if a shovel counts as armed then yes once, the pocket knife maybe but definantly not the first time. What can I say I am a statistical weirdo.

haha, I think, if we're typing on a computer that we're probably all ARMED!