An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown! 12/30

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul
:D: Tonight, I received a phone call from Sister Mary Imelda informing me of my acceptance to the convent. I will be an aspirant for at least three months. So this starts the countdown to the 30th of this month.
What did it feel like when I heard the news? My heart went supernova, filled with love and thanksgiving to our loving father for this wonderful oppertunity to save souls!
THANK YOU GOD!!!

:breakdance: :breakdance: YEAH!!!!!! I'll be meeting you next month then!!!!! Totally awesome!!! Mother Mistress has been tryignt o get me to visit since August, and now i can come!!!!! Yeah!!!! I'm soexcited that i'l be meeting 2 phatmassers, you and S.r MArjorie and spending time with a great community!!!!

I LOVE THE DOMINICANS!!!!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :cupidhit: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hey, Jessica congrats! It's so great to see that you've found where God wants you! It's also great that you (and Sr. Marjorie!) are giving the Lockport Dominicans new life :D:

Also, I was just curious, what are their visitation and letter writing policies?

Mary, Our Mother Immaculate, pray for us!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Such wonderful news! Praised be Jesus Christ and His Holy Mother!

I rejoice heartily in the Lord,
in my God is the joy of my soul;
for He has clothed me with a robe of salvation,
and wrapped me in a mantle of justice...
like a bride bedecked with her jewels.
Isaiah 61:10

DiscerningSoul

Karin help me out on this one...
Lets see for letter writing you will get mail once a month, people can write anytime, all mail is monitored.
You are allowed to write the 1st sunday of each month.
I am not to clear on visits yet, but yes they are allowed.

Thank you all for your outpouring support in this wonderful time.
This is another huge step in the discernment process and I am so thankful to our loving Lord for allowing me to try my vocation with the lockport dominicans! :saint: :bigpray: :saint:

I am super excited you are going to try out my monastery there hun! That will be awesome. The letter writing regulations are :
You get mail every sunday and you are allowed to write to your family on the first sunday of every month. You dont recieve any mail in advent or lent but you get all your letters recieved during that time on Christmas and Easter.YOu have 9 visiting days a year for your family but they may not be used for lent or Advent. Anyone can write you but you are only allowed to write you family. :)
anyway so i am uber uber excited for Jessica

AlterDominicus

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='Dec 8 2005, 06:56 PM']:D: Tonight, I received a phone call from Sister Mary Imelda informing me of my acceptance to the convent. I will be an aspirant for at least three months.  So this starts the countdown to the 30th of this month.
What did it feel like when I heard the news?  My heart went supernova, filled with love and thanksgiving to our loving father for this wonderful oppertunity to save souls!
THANK YOU GOD!!!
[right][snapback]817521[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

YAY MORE VOCATIONS MORE DISCERNERS MORE FUTURE NUNS AND PRIESTS! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :topsy: :topsy: :topsy: :topsy: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :grouphug: