An Old School Catholic Message Board

AVATALK! A phatmass talkshow!

Didacus

[quote name='StColette' post='1846033' date='Apr 24 2009, 11:11 AM']ROFL! I wish you had been my history teacher lol![/quote]
The school was not going to allow the boys to fire their trebuchets (liability concerns), so I came up with the idea of having them shoot peeps. Little did I know that peeps fired from trebuchets become as hard as rocks after only a couple firings.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1846043' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:14 PM']The school was not going to allow the boys to fire their trebuchets (liability concerns), so I came up with the idea of having them shoot peeps. Little did I know that peeps fired from trebuchets become as hard as rocks after only a couple firings.[/quote]

ROFLLLLLL!

[quote name='rkwright' post='1846039' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:13 PM']Since this is Avatalk... I like St.Col's ava-baby. Good choice![/quote]

Thank you :) He's a cutie!

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1846043' date='Apr 24 2009, 12:14 PM']The school was not going to allow the boys to fire their trebuchets (liability concerns), so I came up with the idea of having them shoot peeps. Little did I know that peeps fired from trebuchets become as hard as rocks after only a couple firings.[/quote]

How big are these candy firing siege weapons? How far did they fire?

The biggest one was a little over 14 inches (with the arm down in firing position). The winning shot was 29 feet (forward). One boys trebuchet shot 8 feet (backwards), so I gave him a special -- traitors prize -- for killing his own men.

Although I wasn't possible to measure accurately, one of the trebuchets first about 25 to 30 feet straight up in the air. The peep in that firing landed only about 3 feet from the trebuchet itself.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1846056' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:28 PM']One boys trebuchet shot 8 feet (backwards), so I gave him a special -- traitors prize -- for killing his own men.[/quote]

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

[quote name='Didacus' post='1703915' date='Nov 18 2008, 08:58 AM'][size=7]
[color="#008000"]*audience goes wild with frenzy*[/color][/size][/b]

Great!

Now lets get right to the meat of things shall we?

How would you say avatars have evolved in pahtmass for the last 3-4 years? And where or how would you place your own avatar in this history?[/quote]
I'm not sure. I've noticed that they've become some sort of signature thing to a "whatever I feel like posting to one-up the other guy". Things have changed. Sometimes the Avs reflect the moods or desires of the PMers. Mine, it hasn't changed. Was considering doing so, but then I thought I'd confuse the heck out of some people... but I think mine just reflects where I stand :P.

St.Col probably won't be needing any vacuuming this week with all the ROFLing shes doing :lol_roll:

Secret confession: I loled for real on the traitor award too!

[quote name='rkwright' post='1846039' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:13 PM']Since this is Avatalk... I like St.Col's ava-baby. Good choice![/quote]

*Whistles and cheers from the crowd*

Babies make some of the best avatars don't they?

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1846065' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:39 PM']I'm not sure. I've noticed that they've become some sort of signature thing to a "whatever I feel like posting to one-up the other guy". Things have changed. Sometimes the Avs reflect the moods or desires of the PMers. Mine, it hasn't changed. Was considering doing so, but then I thought I'd confuse the heck out of some people... but I think mine just reflects where I stand :P.[/quote]

SMM, that reflects several of my own sentiments about avatars. I've never changed mine either; just doing so would be... I don't know. I came to phatmass shortly after John-Paul the Great passed away and I was overwhelmed at finally being able to exchange honest thoughts on Catholicism with fellow catholics (without fitlering through the liberal carp soooo common in my Canadien surroundings). I woudl almost feel as though I was seperating myself from taht a bit if i changed my avatar. Its were I've stood, its were I stand - in the shadow of papa the great.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Now lets take some calls or have people from the audience walk up to the mic and ask questions to our special guests of the hour; Bad Boy and SMM.

Come on now don't be shy, we're listening.

*sounds of crickets in the distance*

Note: We'll be cleaning out the attic after the show, those crickets have been anoying since day 1.

• 5 years later...

Its been a while since we gathered together to discuss avatars... as a host, I would ask if anyone would like to discuss their avatars, here, on the phatmass' favorite talk show; AVATALK!

• 8 years later...

Thinking of hosting another show... would need one or two volunteers to be guests though...

Thisnis one of my all-time favorite threads on any boards...

I would be a guest, but I hear you need a didacorp shirt to be on the panel, and well...I NEVER RECEIVED MY SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, MIKolbe said:

I would be a guest, but I hear you need a didacorp shirt to be on the panel, and well...I NEVER RECEIVED MY SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Didacorp tattoo is also acceptable.