An Old School Catholic Message Board

AVATALK! A phatmass talkshow!

Didacus

Hello all and welcome to AVATALK! The phatmass talkshow totally devoted to discussing Avatars. I am your host, Didacus.

The first guest on AVATALK is a well known personna here on phatmass, and not only a church faithful, but a church militant at that! If he is willing to sit and share with us some of his most inner feelings on Avatars, I would like everyone to welcome [b]hot stuff[/b]!!!

*[i]a round of clapping from the audience[/i]*

Thank you everyone, and now;

hot stuff!

Recently phatmass has gone through a profound change that was unexpected for most of us, at least those accustomed at spending over 10 hours per day around phatmass...

hot stuff, the one, the only, you CHANGED YOUR AVATAR!!!!

Shockwaves rippled through phatmass and the rumour mill got spinning over-time but now that everything is settling, I would invite you, hot stuff to come forward and take part of an interview explaining the changes to his avatar. Hopefully, this will prompt others into a discussion on avatars and why they (you included) have recently (if applicable) changed your avatars.

so hot stuff, if you are willing;

1. What prompted you to change your avatar? Did you ponder it for a long time, or was it a spurr of the moment thing?

2. Who is more attractive to you, Cathy or Beeker?

3. Any chance of us seeing more of Cathy in the future, perhaps with a different picture (in your avatar that is)?

4. Would you say that your avatar of Cathy was a passing phase to counter-balance your boyish charm and its potential affects on phatmass?

5. Would you care to share with us any pertinent life experience relating to avatars in general, and the impact these have had on your life?

While waiting for hot stuff's repsonse I would invite the audience to discuss amongst themselves and also to listen to this announcement from our sponser:

didacus.corp will be giving free T-shirts to everyone in the audience at the end of every show - because we care about taking over the world! Didacus.corp thank you all for your continued support.

Thanks Didacus for the warm welcome. *looks around* lovely set you have here in the Great White North.

Yes I did change my avatar. Beaker has always been my favorite muppet. It was time to give him props. I tried making an avatar with his hair growing but it just didn't feel "beakerish". The exploding Beaker is a better homage to his comedic stylings. (love saying the word "homage")

Having Katie Couric as an avatar was a relatively random idea . But the reaction to it was quite funny. And the fact that the same reaction would resurface every few months was hysterical. Those who know me in the real world understand my deep love for being able to repeat the same joke over and over.
[i]
Would you say that your avatar of Cathy was a passing phase to counter-balance your boyish charm and its potential affects on phatmass?[/i]

Ok that's just too funny Didace!!

[quote name='Azriel' date='Dec 14 2005, 11:33 AM']*Applauds*, and waits with baited breath ...
[right][snapback]824961[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
me too...

But I wonder if Didacus means Katie, not Cathy.

edited to add: I'm always late in posting.

[quote name='Carrie' date='Dec 14 2005, 10:44 AM']me too...

But I wonder if Didacus means Katie, not Cathy.

edited to add:  I'm always late in posting.
[right][snapback]824972[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

(I think the show is on a delay feed)

Thank you for your opening comments mr. hot stuff.

For your information my mother decorated the set and she smiled with your comment.

Hi mom!

*waves frantically!*

Now before I turn this to the floor for an open question period i would like to mention that yes I meant Katie (being late to post is still better than being first to post with silly mistakes... like the haiir who lost his spectacles from the passion play by Jethro Tull... but maybe I'm just too much of an obscure guy).

Now, hot stuff, for the benefit of our audience, having repeated jokes seems to be a constant theme with you that you carry with great success! Has Beeker been an inspriation of sorts to you? Everyone who knows the Muppets know how important repeated jokes can be to the longevity of performances ranging from live television to newspaper clips of Garfield to use another example. wold you have any advice to young aspiring comedians out there in phatmass that might be too shy to come forward with their own blend of comedy?

Well everything that Beaker touches seems to blow up. Wiley Coyote has nothing on the guy. I find him to be a kindred spirit!!

[i]wold you have any advice to young aspiring comedians out there in phatmass that might be too shy to come forward with their own blend of comedy?[/i]

I'm just fer keepin it real G. Its my peeps that represent evry day yo

[img]http://www.valdosta.edu/~acdeal/peeps.gif[/img]

(I actually have no idea what Im saying now)

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 14 2005, 10:05 AM'][snip]

I'm just fer keepin it real G.  Its my peeps that represent evry day yo
[snip]

[right][snapback]825002[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

*[i]applause and cheers from the audience![/i]*

Why thank you for being here hot stuff!

Now we'll move to a brief question and comment period, maybe I'll take a call or two. I invite anyone in the audience to directly ask hot stuff a question or two or simply to come forward with personnal experiences or commetns of their own.

Then we'll have another commercial break from our sponsor before going to our next guest on the show, Carrie with her beloved and now famous pinkpanther avatar!

*[i][b]please note that those who would like to be guests on the show or would like to ofrward private comments may contact didacus via pm. All information will be kept confidential until didacus.corp may use it to forward their personnal purpose of taking over the world!

Didacus.corp, the free T-shirt people!
[/b][/i]*

[quote name='Didacus' date='Dec 14 2005, 12:13 PM']*[i]applause and cheers from the audience![/i]*

Why thank you for being here hot stuff!

Now we'll move to a brief question and comment period, maybe I'll take a call or two.  I invite anyone in the audience to directly ask hot stuff a question or two or simply to come forward with personnal experiences or commetns of their own.

Then we'll have another commercial break from our sponsor before going to our next guest on the show, Carrie with her beloved and now famous pinkpanther avatar!
*[i][b]please note that those who would like to be guests on the show or would like to ofrward private comments may contact didacus via pm.  All information will be kept confidential until didacus.corp may use it to forward their personnal purpose of taking over the world! 
Didacus.corp, the free T-shirt people!
[/b][/i]*
[right][snapback]825010[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm not only an audience member, but a guest as well.

*tears of joy*

*GASP* :shock:

everytime I try to have a talkshow seems like the guest tend to spontaneously combust!?!?!? :sadder:
bye hot stuff...

Now back to the4 show...

Carrie,

Everyone on phatmass knows your avatar and I am certain would agree that your avatar remains to this day one of the most original and loved avatars on phatmass. Just looking at it makes me want to break out into a song - every time!\

So Carrie;

1. What originally got you interested in the pink panther for an avatar? Did you go through somekind of interview process involving consultants from Hollywood and the Vatican?

2. Have you ever considered changing avatars? And if you did, do you think you would remain on people's raddar as much?

3. What would you recommend to lurkers mving around the phatmass threads to consider while choosing an avatar of thier own?

4. What do you think of the selection of avatars listed in the phatmass directory? The subsection include Mary, Benedict XVI and others; which section do you love the most?

*general announcment; since hot stuff has... er left us, we will be making a raffle with his genuine didacus.corp T-shirt at the end of the show - SO STICK AROUND!*

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Didacus' date='Dec 14 2005, 10:57 AM']everytime I try to have a talkshow seems like the guest tend to spontaneously combust!?!?!? :sadder:
bye hot stuff...  [right][snapback]825090[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:sadder: :sadder: :sadder:
Is this a regular pattern!?! I don't want to be a guest...

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 14 2005, 10:59 AM']:sadder:  :sadder:  :sadder:
Is this a regular pattern!?! I don't want to be a guest...
[right][snapback]825093[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Back to you Carrie! :lol:
[i](and good luck...)[/i]