An Old School Catholic Message Board

AVATALK! A phatmass talkshow!

Didacus

[quote name='Didacus' date='Dec 14 2005, 12:57 PM']1.  What originally got you interested in the pink panther for an avatar?  Did you go through somekind of interview process involving consultants from Hollywood and the Vatican?[/quote]

Well, when I first arrived here at PM, I had an avatar of Kerope. All Hello Kitty fans wil know who I'm talking about. Though Kerope was cute, I felt he didn't really represent my personality. I wanted an avatar with movement, with spunk.

*dramatic pause*

I then turned to another avatar for quite some time. A frog sitting on a lilypad that caught bugs in the air with its tongue. This avatar amused me for some time, but I still felt that he did not represent who I really am.

I went into deep meditation about this very difficult decision. It dawned on me one day that my love of the 80s really represented who I am. My favorite 80s character is the Pink Panther. This smooth sax playing Pink Panther filled me with joy. That is how he came to be my avatar. *wipes eyes with tissue* It moves me so much to tell this to everyone.

[quote]2.  Have you ever considered changing avatars?  And if you did, do you think you would remain on people's raddar as much?[/quote]

I've changed it a few times, as I've mentioned. I don't think any other avatar has or will ever be noticed as much as the Pink Panther. People feel like they know him. Many PMers grew up with him.

[quote]3. What would you recommend to lurkers mving around the phatmass threads to consider while choosing an avatar of thier own?[/quote]

An avatar is special. Choose wisely.

[quote]4.  What do you think of the selection of avatars listed in the phatmass directory?  The subsection include Mary, Benedict XVI and others; which section do you love the most?[/quote]

I love them all because they represent our wonderful faith. *chokes back sob* Please don't make me choose between them.

I'd like to give a shout out to my girl Azriel, my twinkie Abby, and the greatest Charlie's Angel ever, HSmom! *waves*

Am I going to combust now? :unsure:

Let's hear it for Carrie everyone!!! :drool:

*applause and cheers from the audience!*

I would like to thank you Carrie on some very insightful and thoughtful comments. :)

I am sure I join with everyone's hearts when I say it is a joy to see your avatar of the main 80's man, the king of spunk, the pink panther in the threads as we cruise through phatmass! :lol:

Before I let it out to the floor, let me ask you quickly;

Does the avatar influence the person, or the person infl;uence the avatar?

Now don't combust yet ( :huh: ), an invitation has been dropped to have our third guest on the show... anyone remember these headlines?

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=40751&hl=shame"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...=40751&hl=shame[/url]

Edited by Didacus

[quote name='Didacus' date='Dec 14 2005, 01:19 PM']Does the avatar influence the person, or the person infl;uence the avatar?
[/quote]

It's a two way street.

*trying very hard not to combust*

Well welcome sojourner, would you have a question for our newest guest?

*janitor sweeping pile of ashes behind carrie's chair"

I'd ask quickly if I where you!

*yet even more applauses from the audience!*

And Sojourner, feel free to comment on your own avatar... why a Monkey? Is there a deeper spiritual meaning behind it?

Edited by Didacus

well, moving along with the show (wow, what exictement from the audience! - lol);

Mr. Cow welcome to the show, and could you please tell us a bit about yourself, your screen name nad especially your avatar? How does a man of your knowledge and personnal background come to choose such a strong looking yet gentle-consistent avatar?

Does the gerbil in your avatar hold any particular meaning?

And sojourner, callers are asking why the "13-0 boooyaaa" under your avatar? What does this mean?

Due to popular calls and demands (and Mr.Cow being stuck in the bathroom for the last half hour! I hope he didn't combust in there!) we will be moving on with our new guest!

From the Church Militant category, an all-time all-favorite all-star of phatmass since dec. 2003! A felloe JP II, the Great generation and also an advocate to one of the most beautiful avatars, please join your hands for The_Rev!

*crowd goes crazy with cheers*

Weclome to the show rev and before I get started on my questions please tell us a bit about yourself!

Sorry, Didacus, I just had a couple of calls from my admiring public.

In answer to your first question, my current avatar is indeed a monkey (although some insist it's an ape -- pshaw on them). Like Carrie, I've decided I need an avatar with a little more movement than I've had in the past. I'm still in the process of reflection and refinement in choosing the avatar that best reflects the complexities of my person. It's a difficult choice, as I'm sure you know. I've settled on the monkey in the interim because something about it appeals to me. I just can't put my finger on what exactly that is.

The "13-0. Booyah!" refers to the Indianapolis Colts, my football team. They're undefeated 13 games into the season, and poised to do well in the playoffs as well. Go Colts!!!!

Thanks for having me.

A little bit about myself, let's see. I studied in Ireland for One year, with the Capuchins. Then I studied in Bosnia for six months of this year. My blog, [url="http://mariandevotion.blogspot.com"]http://mariandevotion.blogspot.com[/url] explains who I am,

[quote]A vibrant youth at the age of 16 from the JP2 Generation who isn't afraid to speak his mind about what the Church truly does teach. Follow a young man on fire for Christ and in love with the Blessed Mother on his journey into the Colege Seminary.[/quote]

That's about it.....

Well thank you very much The_Rev i can see why people are so interested in what you have to say!

sorry for talking this much time, the phones have been ringing off the hook since you've been on the show!

Now, on to the meat of the issue!

1. Can you give us a brief history of your avatars? I notice (as do the audience in general) tha you have quite a few posts and been around, since... well, almost since phatmass came to the internet!

2. Please tell us what an avatar means to you... and relate it to your current avatar.

3. Hypothetical question; Benedict XVI (May God bless our holy Father) calls you this afternoon and asks advice on what to say in a speech on the subject of avatars in relation to church teachings, what would you tell our Pontiff?

[quote]Can you give us a brief history of your avatars? I notice (as do the audience in general) tha you have quite a few posts and been around, since... well, almost since phatmass came to the internet![/quote]

I've had several avators over two years (yesterday was my anniversary on PM) They've mainly been saints I've had devotion to, Bl. Edward Joannes Marie Poppe, Blessed Jose Sanchez, St. Norbert, Fr. Marciel Maciel, Mother Teresea, John Paul the Great, and Mary.

[quote]2. Please tell us what an avatar means to you... and relate it to your current avatar.[/quote]
My avator now is our Blessed Mother with the Eucharist. The source and Summit of our Catholic faith is the Eucharist, then confession, the sacraments and the like, then comes our Blessed Mother. Our Blessed Mother has given me a mission which I really came to understand on August Fifteenth of this year. It is through our Bishop that she spoke to me. I love our Lady and thus my avatar reflects that.

[quote]3. Hypothetical question; Benedict XVI (May God bless our holy Father) calls you this afternoon and asks advice on what to say in a speech on the subject of avatars in relation to church teachings, what would you tell our Pontiff?  [/quote]

I don't know what I'd tell the Pontiff, I'd say that they should be of personal beliefs, of good humour, or faithful to church teaching. But Holy Father Benedict speaking about Avators is a bit ubsurd.

Anymore questions they'll be answered in a bit, have to go shovel since there is a blizzard.

Edited by the_rev

Well thanks for the talk Rev!
By the way, happy phat-anniversary! *cheers from the crowd!*

, and when you return;

Do you believe that an Avatar should essentially follow church teachings on tatoos for example?

As we all know, this show many times takes us to more in-dept and serious matters. For example, I myself find that I have a growing devotion to Mary. Though this devotion is only gradually growing I already sense it as being both genuine and strong! Mr. The_Rev, would you be able to or care to share with us a little more depth into your mission as you see it, as well as how you would describe your deotion to both the Eucharist and our Mother?!?

Would it be fair to say that your avatar represents to you the core of your faith in that it contains our Mother and the Eucharist? I have no doubt you do not forget through all this the other two members of the Trinity, our Father All-Mighty and the Holy Spirit - how do you find them if at all within your avatar?

Edited by Didacus

[quote]The_Rev, would you be able to or care to share with us a little more depth into your mission as you see it, as well as how you would describe your deotion to both the Eucharist and our Mother?!?[/quote]

Sorry for the delay this blizzard prevented me from responding quicker.

August Fifteenth in our dioceses is a big celebration at the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help, where allegedly in the 1850's, the Blessed Mother appeared to a religious sister. For the past several years the local Bishop has made pilgrimage to the shrine on August Fifteenth to celebrate Holy Mass, lead a rosary procession on the grounds of the Shrine, with the Pilgrim Statue and the Eucharist.

In Bishop's homily, he spoke of how we must become more like the blessed Mother. That we must surrender to Christ's holy will as she did, since she was the Handmaid of the Lord, and she asked her God to let it be done unto her according to thy will. That we must accept our vocations as simply as Mary did.

In August I made my return from studying in Bosnia-Herzegovina, and well met some awesome young ladies, I came back to the states thinking about marriage. However hearing Bishop say what he said, it just spoke to my heart.

Since August 15th, I have seriously contemplated holy priesthood and have felt this is my calling. It is hard to realize that you are leaving behind the chance to have a family, your friends, and girls, for the sake of the Kingdom. Keep me in your prayers.

It is through this celebration I came in touch with my love for the Eucharist and Mary herself. Knowing that these two examples will be a part of my priesthood. Daily Adoration, daily rosary, etc. and such. In the US for sure there aren't many Orthodox loyal priests. I'm not saying there aren't. I'm saying there are more liberals per se than there are priests who love the eucharist, love mary, and the like. Thus I realized my mission is to be an example as a priest, one who does promote the above, wears the cassock, etc.

[quote]Would it be fair to say that your avatar represents to you the core of your faith in that it contains our Mother and the Eucharist? I have no doubt you do not forget through all this the other two members of the Trinity, our Father All-Mighty and the Holy Spirit - how do you find them if at all within your avatar?[/quote]

My faith revolves around Christ and his Mother. We must realize that the Trinity comprieses of three persons who create one God. One of the mysteries of the Faith. God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit are three persons but yet One god, so thus the Eucharist, the Body, Blood Soul and Divinity, is the trinity of itself. The Eucharist represents everything, as I said the source and summit of our faith.

[quote name='Didacus' date='Dec 14 2005, 03:25 PM']OK, lets go to the telephones!

*ring* hello Tomasio you're on AVATALK we're listening!
[right][snapback]825401[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

"Yeah, I was wondering why the_Rev decided to change his avatar. He had his former one quite some time, and his new one rocks, but still, one wondrs, wjy the change?"

"Also, did you say there was a blizzard in WI? Hay, what are these flurries here in MI for?" :ohno: