Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

well, moving along with the show (wow, what exictement from the audience! - lol);

Mr. Cow welcome to the show, and could you please tell us a bit about yourself, your screen name nad especially your avatar? How does a man of your knowledge and personnal background come to choose such a strong looking yet gentle-consistent avatar?

Does the gerbil in your avatar hold any particular meaning?

And sojourner, callers are asking why the "13-0 boooyaaa" under your avatar? What does this mean?

Posted

Due to popular calls and demands (and Mr.Cow being stuck in the bathroom for the last half hour! I hope he didn't combust in there!) we will be moving on with our new guest!

From the Church Militant category, an all-time all-favorite all-star of phatmass since dec. 2003! A felloe JP II, the Great generation and also an advocate to one of the most beautiful avatars, please join your hands for The_Rev!


*crowd goes crazy with cheers*

Weclome to the show rev and before I get started on my questions please tell us a bit about yourself!

Posted

Sorry, Didacus, I just had a couple of calls from my admiring public.

In answer to your first question, my current avatar is indeed a monkey (although some insist it's an ape -- pshaw on them). Like Carrie, I've decided I need an avatar with a little more movement than I've had in the past. I'm still in the process of reflection and refinement in choosing the avatar that best reflects the complexities of my person. It's a difficult choice, as I'm sure you know. I've settled on the monkey in the interim because something about it appeals to me. I just can't put my finger on what exactly that is.

The "13-0. Booyah!" refers to the Indianapolis Colts, my football team. They're undefeated 13 games into the season, and poised to do well in the playoffs as well. Go Colts!!!!

Posted

Thanks for having me.

A little bit about myself, let's see. I studied in Ireland for One year, with the Capuchins. Then I studied in Bosnia for six months of this year. My blog, [url="http://mariandevotion.blogspot.com"]http://mariandevotion.blogspot.com[/url] explains who I am,

[quote]A vibrant youth at the age of 16 from the JP2 Generation who isn't afraid to speak his mind about what the Church truly does teach. Follow a young man on fire for Christ and in love with the Blessed Mother on his journey into the Colege Seminary.[/quote]

That's about it.....

Posted

Well thank you very much The_Rev i can see why people are so interested in what you have to say!

sorry for talking this much time, the phones have been ringing off the hook since you've been on the show!

Now, on to the meat of the issue!

1. Can you give us a brief history of your avatars? I notice (as do the audience in general) tha you have quite a few posts and been around, since... well, almost since phatmass came to the internet!

2. Please tell us what an avatar means to you... and relate it to your current avatar.

3. Hypothetical question; Benedict XVI (May God bless our holy Father) calls you this afternoon and asks advice on what to say in a speech on the subject of avatars in relation to church teachings, what would you tell our Pontiff?

Posted (edited)

[quote]Can you give us a brief history of your avatars? I notice (as do the audience in general) tha you have quite a few posts and been around, since... well, almost since phatmass came to the internet![/quote]

I've had several avators over two years (yesterday was my anniversary on PM) They've mainly been saints I've had devotion to, Bl. Edward Joannes Marie Poppe, Blessed Jose Sanchez, St. Norbert, Fr. Marciel Maciel, Mother Teresea, John Paul the Great, and Mary.

[quote]2. Please tell us what an avatar means to you... and relate it to your current avatar.[/quote]
My avator now is our Blessed Mother with the Eucharist. The source and Summit of our Catholic faith is the Eucharist, then confession, the sacraments and the like, then comes our Blessed Mother. Our Blessed Mother has given me a mission which I really came to understand on August Fifteenth of this year. It is through our Bishop that she spoke to me. I love our Lady and thus my avatar reflects that.

[quote]3. Hypothetical question; Benedict XVI (May God bless our holy Father) calls you this afternoon and asks advice on what to say in a speech on the subject of avatars in relation to church teachings, what would you tell our Pontiff?  [/quote]

I don't know what I'd tell the Pontiff, I'd say that they should be of personal beliefs, of good humour, or faithful to church teaching. But Holy Father Benedict speaking about Avators is a bit ubsurd.

Anymore questions they'll be answered in a bit, have to go shovel since there is a blizzard.

Edited by the_rev
Posted (edited)

Well thanks for the talk Rev!
By the way, happy phat-anniversary! *cheers from the crowd!*

, and when you return;

Do you believe that an Avatar should essentially follow church teachings on tatoos for example?

As we all know, this show many times takes us to more in-dept and serious matters. For example, I myself find that I have a growing devotion to Mary. Though this devotion is only gradually growing I already sense it as being both genuine and strong! Mr. The_Rev, would you be able to or care to share with us a little more depth into your mission as you see it, as well as how you would describe your deotion to both the Eucharist and our Mother?!?

Would it be fair to say that your avatar represents to you the core of your faith in that it contains our Mother and the Eucharist? I have no doubt you do not forget through all this the other two members of the Trinity, our Father All-Mighty and the Holy Spirit - how do you find them if at all within your avatar?

Edited by Didacus
Posted

OK, lets go to the telephones!

*ring* hello Tomasio you're on AVATALK we're listening!

Posted

[quote]The_Rev, would you be able to or care to share with us a little more depth into your mission as you see it, as well as how you would describe your deotion to both the Eucharist and our Mother?!?[/quote]

Sorry for the delay this blizzard prevented me from responding quicker.

August Fifteenth in our dioceses is a big celebration at the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help, where allegedly in the 1850's, the Blessed Mother appeared to a religious sister. For the past several years the local Bishop has made pilgrimage to the shrine on August Fifteenth to celebrate Holy Mass, lead a rosary procession on the grounds of the Shrine, with the Pilgrim Statue and the Eucharist.

In Bishop's homily, he spoke of how we must become more like the blessed Mother. That we must surrender to Christ's holy will as she did, since she was the Handmaid of the Lord, and she asked her God to let it be done unto her according to thy will. That we must accept our vocations as simply as Mary did.

In August I made my return from studying in Bosnia-Herzegovina, and well met some awesome young ladies, I came back to the states thinking about marriage. However hearing Bishop say what he said, it just spoke to my heart.

Since August 15th, I have seriously contemplated holy priesthood and have felt this is my calling. It is hard to realize that you are leaving behind the chance to have a family, your friends, and girls, for the sake of the Kingdom. Keep me in your prayers.

It is through this celebration I came in touch with my love for the Eucharist and Mary herself. Knowing that these two examples will be a part of my priesthood. Daily Adoration, daily rosary, etc. and such. In the US for sure there aren't many Orthodox loyal priests. I'm not saying there aren't. I'm saying there are more liberals per se than there are priests who love the eucharist, love mary, and the like. Thus I realized my mission is to be an example as a priest, one who does promote the above, wears the cassock, etc.

[quote]Would it be fair to say that your avatar represents to you the core of your faith in that it contains our Mother and the Eucharist? I have no doubt you do not forget through all this the other two members of the Trinity, our Father All-Mighty and the Holy Spirit - how do you find them if at all within your avatar?[/quote]

My faith revolves around Christ and his Mother. We must realize that the Trinity comprieses of three persons who create one God. One of the mysteries of the Faith. God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit are three persons but yet One god, so thus the Eucharist, the Body, Blood Soul and Divinity, is the trinity of itself. The Eucharist represents everything, as I said the source and summit of our faith.

Posted

[quote name='Didacus' date='Dec 14 2005, 03:25 PM']OK, lets go to the telephones!

*ring* hello Tomasio you're on AVATALK we're listening!
[right][snapback]825401[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


"Yeah, I was wondering why the_Rev decided to change his avatar. He had his former one quite some time, and his new one rocks, but still, one wondrs, wjy the change?"

"Also, did you say there was a blizzard in WI? Hay, what are these flurries here in MI for?" :ohno:

Posted

My last avator was of Blessed Jose del Rio Sanchez. I was introduced to him through a movement of the Legion of Christ. Throughout time I decided to cut off relations with the Legion for numerous reasons. One is that my spiritual director being a Legion was not receptive to the fact that I felt called to the diocesean priesthood and not the Legion. I don't know, it seemed like he thinks God called everyone to the Legion. So in an effert to cleanse myeself per se of the legion, I decided to change the avator.

I'm looking into lay movements which I want to be involved in, I'm looking at Communion and Liberation along with Opus Dei. Miles Jesu is for sure NOT AN OPTION Many vieweres may know why.

Guest Rick777
Posted

Blessed Jose del Rio Sanchez was a great guy.very courageous

Posted

I do not argue that. He was a bold solgier of christ.

Guest Rick777
Posted

lol, it was just a random thought

Posted

Well Mr. The_Rev I cannot than you enough for your openess and comments! I personally will keep you in my prayers tonight, iwith a special thgouht as I recite my Rosary.

Tomasio, do you have any other qeustions before we hang up the telephone?

Well folks we are quickly drawing near to the end of our time today, so I will turn to the floor after a reply from Tomasio and ask our guests for a alst comment unless they have spontaneously combusted;

Carrie? The_Rev? Is Cow out of the bathroom yet?
And of course hot stuff, if it is possible for you to pull yourself together for one last comment?

Posted (edited)

I'd like to thank you for inviting me on the show and letting me speak. My last comments....

Be holy, let Jesus know that he is your life, pray your rosary, and pray for HOLY VOCATIONS TO THE PRIESTHOOD There are orthodox seminarians in the seminaries, but they have to disguise that feature, pray and remember that these seminarians will become priests and in the future will be coming to a parish near you.

Totus Tuus!

Edited by the_rev
Posted

* covered in fire extinguisher dust*

Thanks for having me on the show Didace! It was great. I am concerned with where the future trends of avatars is leading us.

For example, Soj's new avatar. An ape shaking his head no. Pretty cute right? Well what if I told you that PETA is protesting Sojourner? Apparently the training has left the ape with a permanent neck condition!! HE CAN'T STOP SHAKING HIS HEAD NOW!! (starts to cry) OW OW (salt from the tears stings his burns) The other chimps just laugh at him!! OW OW OW

Where does it end Did? What else are we going to sacrifice to make our Avatars cool?

Also I've heard rumors that the next trend is going to be actual ads for avatars. The trend is called avatarizing!

Anyway. Great show! Word to your mom on the set design!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...