Didacus Posted August 30, 2006 Author Posted August 30, 2006 Hello everyone, and welcome to another great show here on AVATALK! I realize its been an awful while since I hosted this show, but the recent changes in avatars/sigs should prompt interesting conversations and I hope we will all have a good time today. So the recent change has people buzzing and scurrying and giving out various comments. I would encourage anyone from the audience to step up to the microphone and give 'their piece of mind' as to the recent change. Is it good? Is it bad? What do you like or dislike? And of course, do explain your avatars-sigs to us - this is the reason we're here after all, to talk about our avatars (sigs). So go on everyone, lets have ourselves a good, deep down avatalk!
Azriel Posted August 30, 2006 Posted August 30, 2006 I like it. Just wish I had my old one from back in the day, the one dUSty made me. Yeah, those were good times. Good times. Az (phatmass phamily geezer)
Didacus Posted August 30, 2006 Author Posted August 30, 2006 Well welcome Azriel, aways good to have you on the show. Help yourself to some popcorn. *audience claps and whistles* Oh my, looks llike you have a bit of a fan following. I see you've kept to your 'angel' theme. What can you tells us about the angel in your avasig today?
Azriel Posted August 30, 2006 Posted August 30, 2006 Me? I have fans? :blushes: Well, honestly, I can't tell you much about that particular angel. I was googling around one day for angel images, and came across that particular one. Something about it struct me as beautiful and reverent, and sorta sad. I dunno, maybe someone can tell me something about it? Thanks for bringing back the show ... avatalk! The best talk show on Phatmass!
Didacus Posted August 30, 2006 Author Posted August 30, 2006 [quote name='Azriel' post='1053588' date='Aug 30 2006, 10:33 AM'] [snip] Thanks for bringing back the show ... avatalk! The best talk show on Phatmass! [/quote] *crowd claps and cheers* Thank you for coming back Azriel. Looking at the angel, I see, as you do, a touch of sadness within infinite beauty. An angel watching over us with love and tenderness yet sad because of our sins. Your angel reminds me that to sin first does not invite judgement, or condemnation from above. No, the first thing about sin is that it hurts He who loves most, it hurts and sadens God and the heavens. but God and the heavens love us nonetheless.
Didacus Posted August 30, 2006 Author Posted August 30, 2006 Good morning hot stuff, a returning favorite amongst avatalkers! And what comments do you have about the recent change? I see you've choosen yourself to quote on your sig - care to expand on the meaning? Would you say that can be noted as the 'one commandement', to 'do as God says'? [quote name='uruviel' post='1053603' date='Aug 30 2006, 10:53 AM'] Hello. I'm waiting on mine to be made. [/quote] Welcome to avatalk! *audience claps franctically* You have an angel theme in your avasig right now, are you going to keep such a subject matter in your next avasig? And what can you tells us about about the grand presentation of your new avasig - give us a bit of a preview here, the fans want to know.
melikalani Posted August 30, 2006 Posted August 30, 2006 [quote name='uruviel' post='1053603' date='Aug 30 2006, 09:53 AM'] Hello. I'm waiting on mine to be made. [/quote] Hi, uruviel! I made you [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s=&showtopic=56415&view=findpost&p=1050878"]one [/url]a couple of days ago, but it got buried in the thread! [img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n283/melikalani/PM/uruviel.gif[/img] May the Lord bless and Mary keep you!
Didacus Posted August 30, 2006 Author Posted August 30, 2006 Very nice melikalani, a quote from St. Francis of Assissi if I am not mistaken? Welcome to Avatalk, the only talk show on phatmass dedicated to discussion of avatars; ie, avasigs. So are you considering a career out of fabricating avasigs? You obviously have loads of talent to offer.
Didacus Posted August 30, 2006 Author Posted August 30, 2006 [quote name='tomasio127' post='1053680' date='Aug 30 2006, 01:27 PM'] Ooh, I love Avatalk. [/quote] Welcome back Thomas! *Crow cheers* And what can you tell of your avasig? What is the message you are trying to convey upon your every post?
tojo Posted August 30, 2006 Posted August 30, 2006 Well thank you Didacus. My avasig was personally created for me by Morostheos. It is designed to portray the importance of the Holy Spirit and of Mary in my personal spirituality and in Catholic spirituality generally. Thus the flames and prayer words for the Holy Spirit, and the Rosary for Mary. The "Come, Holy Spirit," prayer is a favorite of mine. I like to think that with every post I am requesting Him to fill the hearts of His Catholic faithful, and enkindle in us the fire of His love.
melikalani Posted August 30, 2006 Posted August 30, 2006 [quote name='Didacus' post='1053661' date='Aug 30 2006, 12:08 PM'] Very nice melikalani, a quote from St. Francis of Assissi if I am not mistaken? Welcome to Avatalk, the only talk show on phatmass dedicated to discussion of avatars; ie, avasigs. So are you considering a career out of fabricating avasigs? You obviously have loads of talent to offer. [/quote] Yes, you are correct! The entire quote from Saint Francis of Assisi is: [quote]"I have been all things unholy; If God can work through me, He can work through anyone."[/quote] uruviel's profile said that s/he was interested in both Saints Clare and Francis of Assisi, so I thought this might be nice. I don't know about a career in making avasigs, but if one asks they shall receive!
Didacus Posted July 8, 2007 Author Posted July 8, 2007 Hello everyone and welcomed to a much, much, much, much awaited and much, much, much, much overdue show of "AVATALK", were everyone may talk, comment on and discuss the meanings of Avatars! *crowd cheers and jumps up and down with a bunch of 'whoo-hoos' and jubilant cries.* So many things have happened since our last episode that I don't know where to start, so I'll ask some help from the audience. Anyone feel free to come forward and discuss their avatars, their meanings, or just blurt out any statement that you may have in the back of your mind concerning avatars, yours or other people's avatars alike! Come one now everyone, were are all friends, so step right up and take a mic and say your piece...
Sojourner Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 Mine is a pic of hsmom's son playing peek-a-boo. She has the matching one, so it's cute. Very cute. hot stuff has told her that he'll do a moving avatar with the two photos, but he has yet to actually come through on the offer, so until he does I'll keep it as my avatar. Unless I decide to switch it up a little. Which I might do.
Didacus Posted July 8, 2007 Author Posted July 8, 2007 Welcome to the show Terra Firma! So do you have many good souvenirs of playing peek-a-boo as a child yourself? I must admit HSson is a fine looking gentlemen. What message are you trying to convey, if any other than pure cutness, with this pic as an avatar? And unfortunately we'll have to wait until hot stuff responds himself on the moving avatar - I hope h'es been working on it. Moving avatars are amongst the most captivating and fascinating of all avatars! (current rumour is hot stuff was last seen buying popcorn in the parking lot)
Sojourner Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 Thanks Didacus! I don't have many tangible souvenirs of peek-a-boo, only my memories. Perhaps by my avatar I'm unconsciously hoping to evoke similar memories in others ... that sense of innocence and child-likeness. But my primary purpose has been cuteness alone.
Didacus Posted July 8, 2007 Author Posted July 8, 2007 Ah, but cuteless is a cover to far deeper sentiment is it not? Well, if cuteness was your aim, I've seen few suceed better than you have if any at all! And I'm certain the audience would agree; *audience claps and cheers 'Terra! Terra! Terra!"* Let me ask you if you will Terra, what other avatars have caugth your eye in the last month or so, and what is it that you look for the most in other's avatars as you read through their posts?
Sojourner Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 Well, I have to say I find myself intrigued by Laudate_Dominum's avatar. It's a little out of the ordinary, which I like. And I have fond memories of Star Trek. What do I look for in an avatar ... originality, I'd say, is a key factor. And I like an avatar that illustrates something of the member's personality.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now