An Old School Catholic Message Board

Global Warming is a hoax.

ironmonk

people believe in bigfoot as well, and have their documentation to prove it.

http://youtu.be/YWyCCJ6B2WE

http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/page.php?8

if this is just going to become a pee pee contest of doc dumping I can do that all day long, I am deff not going to waste my time trying to dumb myself down into believing a political parties religion and their demand that I believe it.

and more over I took a giant doc dump in less links.

but hey least FP made a brand new thread for global warming cheerleaders to gather so yall don't have to keep derailing this thread.

A wise man on this website once said thus: No one is more dumber than those who don't want to understand.

Well let's hope you can learn something from that, now why don't ya  start growing your global warming thread with all that wonderful knowledge you posses,

and maybe you will get more props to collect there instead of trolling here and other threads and people that you enjoy as a past time. 

The evidence against man made global warming is overwhelming, if you wana keep believing that and big foot, and all the other fairy tales out there, good for you.  The political party that started that propaganda will absolutely love to include you in their ranks and teach you so much more on how evil and wrong America is much more than just " causing global warming ".

Because it isn't really an issue of " man made global warming " it really should have been labeled , " America is causing Global Warming "; but that would just be too obvious, and silly, so it needed a broader label.

But hey Al Gore invented the internet;   and discovered Global Warming, and he also created a fantastic movie, and stopped Manbearpig !  So I do get why so many people want to believe, it is easier to create a distraction to lead people away from bigger problems than to let those bigger issues take the lime light and knock them out of power.

PhuturePriest

Well let's hope you can learn something from that, now why don't ya  start growing your global warming thread with all that wonderful knowledge you posses,

and maybe you will get more props to collect there instead of trolling here and other threads and people that you enjoy as a past time. 

The evidence against man made global warming is overwhelming, if you wana keep believing that and big foot, and all the other fairy tales out there, good for you.  The political party that started that propaganda will absolutely love to include you in their ranks and teach you so much more on how evil and wrong America is much more than just " causing global warming ".

Because it isn't really an issue of " man made global warming " it really should have been labeled , " America is causing Global Warming "; but that would just be too obvious, and silly, so it needed a broader label.

But hey Al Gore invented the internet;   and discovered Global Warming, and he also created a fantastic movie, and stopped Manbearpig !  So I do get why so many people want to believe, it is easier to create a distraction to lead people away from bigger problems than to let those bigger issues take the lime light and knock them out of power.

You are the most deliciously inflammatory person I've ever had the grace of running across, and I'm a weekly watcher of ChurchMilitant.TV.

Edited by PhuturePriest

You are the most deliciously inflammatory person I've ever had the grace of running across, and I'm a weekly watcher of ChurchMilitant.TV.

wow so you do just want to play games,,,,  what you basically said, is really the pot calling the kettle black.

but I get it, you are still in that growing phase, it's okay.

have fun converting people to your new world religion in your popular thread there on global warming.

PhuturePriest

wow so you do just want to play games,,,,  what you basically said, is really the pot calling the kettle black.

have fun converting people to your new world religion in your popular thread there on global warming.

You're cute. We should exchange digits sometime.

err. youtube videos?

err. per more facts and information than I have time to post in the mere time I have access to the internet.

Weather forecasters are apologizing for over-exaggerating what was just a few days ago being predicted to be the “worst ever” blizzard to hit the eastern US, and yet gullible know-it-alls like you accept 100-year climate models by the same so-called experts that the earth is being devastated by man-made global warming.

PhuturePriest

Weather forecasters are apologizing for over-exaggerating what was just a few days ago being predicted to be the “worst ever” blizzard to hit the eastern US, and yet gullible know-it-alls like you accept 100-year climate models by the same so-called experts that the earth is being devastated by man-made global warming.

Please stop speaking when you know nothing of meteorology. I am not a meteorologist myself, but having been through an EF-5 tornado and being somewhat of a thunderstorm hypochondriac, trust me when I tell you I know more than a little bit about the weather and how it works.

Meteorology is a guessing game. Meteorologists can't promise or guarantee anything with absolute certainty. Meteorology is basically the science of using a crystal ball -- that's why they call them weather predictions and not weather facts.

However, the issue lies not in your ignorance of what meteorology is and how it works, but in this erroneous idea that, because meteorologists were wrong about one major weather event, this obviously means climate scientists can be and are wrong. Meteorologists and climate scientists are completely different types of scientists. Saying climate scientists are wrong because meteorologists are wrong is literally like saying "How can we trust that firemen will put out the house fire? Just yesterday, the police gave me a ticket for something I didn't do!" Meteorologists and climate scientists have nothing in common together except that they are scientists and spent ridiculous amounts of money for their degrees. They have completely different scientific methods and do completely different things in their fields.

veritasluxmea

tumblr_inline_neszirfRu31r94eis.png

http://youtu.be/YWyCCJ6B2WE

http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/page.php?8

if this is just going to become a pee pee contest of doc dumping I can do that all day long, I am deff not going to waste my time trying to dumb myself down into believing a political parties religion and their demand that I believe it.

but hey least FP made a brand new thread for global warming cheerleaders to gather so yall don't have to keep derailing this thread.

Right, but the documentation for Bigfoot looks suspiciously like your anti-climate change data. Namely, it's from isolated figures, working outside of the established consensus, advocating something that the majority of people who study the field find to be preposterous. 

Does that discredit them? No, there may still be some merit in the position. I'm not an expert in this by any stretch of the imagination, but I find that the evidence overwhelmingly supports the anthropogenic climate change hypothesis. I'm comforted by the fact that nearly every scientist in the field supports that position too. 

That's part of the problem here; sources matter. I can find lots of people who have "evidence" of all kinds of things, but they are questionable, disreputable sources of information. Where you get your info matters.

If a vast majority of scientists in a particular field all strongly agree on something, it would be foolish (to say the least) of me not to at least consider that what they are saying is likely true.

Sure, the "alarmist" view is debatable. But the fact that climate change is occurring because of human activity is not.

Also, OT, PhuturePriest, you were in an EF-5 tornado?!? Please tell me about this! I have a fascination with, and utter phobia of, tornadoes. I cannot even imagine.

Please stop speaking when you know nothing of meteorology. I am not a meteorologist myself, but having been through an EF-5 tornado and being somewhat of a thunderstorm hypochondriac, trust me when I tell you I know more than a little bit about the weather and how it works.

Meteorology is a guessing game. Meteorologists can't promise or guarantee anything with absolute certainty. Meteorology is basically the science of using a crystal ball -- that's why they call them weather predictions and not weather facts.

However, the issue lies not in your ignorance of what meteorology is and how it works, but in this erroneous idea that, because meteorologists were wrong about one major weather event, this obviously means climate scientists can be and are wrong. Meteorologists and climate scientists are completely different types of scientists. Saying climate scientists are wrong because meteorologists are wrong is literally like saying "How can we trust that firemen will put out the house fire? Just yesterday, the police gave me a ticket for something I didn't do!" Meteorologists and climate scientists have nothing in common together except that they are scientists and spent ridiculous amounts of money for their degrees. They have completely different scientific methods and do completely different things in their fields.

lol good grief please, you go through one Tornado, and you are an expert on global warming now and also an expert on what others do or do not know about meteorology.

PhuturePriest

lol good grief please, you go through one Tornado, and you are an expert on global warming now and also an expert on what others do or do not know about meteorology.

When people think meteorology is an exact and certain science, it's a clear sign they have no clue what they are talking about. The only certainty in the forecasting method is that there are no certainties whatsoever in what you find. It's about predicting what the weather will do according to barometric pressure and a whole host of other things, all of which only lead to an educated guess on what the weather is going to do. It's a very good guess, and is accurate far more often than not, but it is prone to failing a lot, as it did last week.

When people think the forecasting method's failure on one event is a clear sign that climate scientists (All 97% of them) are possibly and likely wrong about global climate change, that makes it more certain that the person has no clue what he is talking about concerning meteorology, climate science, and science in general.

Watching The Weather Channel a few times and looking at some scientist conspiracy theorist's blog does not make you an expert on meteorology and climate science. It means you've put forth the least amount of effort possible in learning about meteorology, and the most amount of effort to put your head in the sand and deny scientific fact to satisfy your political bias.

Let me tell you a secret that will blow your mind: Sometimes, something a majority of the democratic party believes is actually right.

shock.jpg