An Old School Catholic Message Board

Global Warming is a hoax.

ironmonk

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305346463' post='2241237']
and that is why you win. you've not forgotten us little people... brings tears to my eyes... bless you.
[/quote]
i feel like a lol wut right now. :|

MissScripture

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305346126' post='2241231']
Another one is wanting to change a smiley, or add a smiley, but weighing the benefits of that against the cost of that stupid "edited by" line. Typing is such sweet sorrow.

edit: because I typed "the" when I meant "to"
[/quote]
The worst is when you have to, because the smiley code got changed! <_< I still miss the :fishslap: smiley...

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305345761' post='2241227']
I seem to edit most of my posts. Maybe I should proof-glance before clicking submit. Or become a half-as[s][/s]sed typist. Anyone else have this problem?
[/quote]
I do.

ardillacid

Global warming hoax is perpetuated by pot smoking hippies to further their pot-smoking-agenda

ardillacid

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305344522' post='2241214']
yikes. sketch website.
[/quote]
Yes. If it doesn't look good, why look into the sources?

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305345761' post='2241227']
I seem to edit most of my posts. Maybe I should proof-glance before clicking submit. Or become a half-as[s][/s]sed typist. Anyone else have this problem?
[/quote]

Hahaha have you read my post.

Of course I have decided that my keyboard is dying, Ityped on a computer somewhere else and allmy speaces where their and my shift key would capitalize mot that one letter at time... for things like CO.

Winchester

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1305361108' post='2241301']
Global warming hoax is perpetuated by pot smoking hippies to further their pot-smoking-agenda
[/quote]
Damned hippies.

Don John of Austria

See if you want to understand where I am coming from, just realize that I am a Distributist, Medievalist, Fuedal-Monarchist, Catholic, Klingon. That should answer all your questions.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1305393581' post='2241385']
See if you want to understand where I am coming from, just realize that I am a Distributist, Medievalist, Fuedal-Monarchist, Catholic, Klingon. That should answer all your questions.
[/quote]
While you're on the topic, is your belief in purely voluntary distributism, i.e. "this is what would happen if people were left alone", or enforced distributism, by which I mean that you'd need a state to make things function in this way?

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1305394027' post='2241391']
While you're on the topic, is your belief in purely voluntary distributism, i.e. "this is what would happen if people were left alone", or enforced distributism, by which I mean that you'd need a state to make things function in this way?
[/quote]

I think government is necessary but not for economic activitity. to institute distributism in the modern world would of course require state action.

I am extremly suspicious of large scale corporate ownership of property, I would like to see all major corporations disolved and thier property dispersed amon the current owrkers and stockholders.

I realize that we cannot just go backto an agrarian society, but there is no reason that why each factory or plant could not be owne bythe people who work in it.
There is no reason to call Rotor Rooter for your plumbing when each of those plumbers could own his own tools and be an independent craftsman.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1305395261' post='2241403']
I think government is necessary but not for economic activitity. to institute distributism in the modern world would of course require state action.

I am extremly suspicious of large scale corporate ownership of property, I would like to see all major corporations disolved and thier property dispersed amon the current owrkers and stockholders.

I realize that we cannot just go backto an agrarian society, but there is no reason that why each factory or plant could not be owne bythe people who work in it.
There is no reason to call Rotor Rooter for your plumbing when each of those plumbers could own his own tools and be an independent craftsman.
[/quote]
How important to you is the ownership of the means of production by the workers? I know among distributists there's some disagreement over how absolute this aspect is.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1305397132' post='2241424']
How important to you is the ownership of the means of production by the workers? I know among distributists there's some disagreement over how absolute this aspect is.
[/quote]

Given the society in which we liveI think it should be taken as far as is reasonable without destruction of the means of production, it doesn't help anything to screw up the ability to produce.

I do not object to a fuedal relationship between owner and worker,in fact, Ithink that would be ideal, certianly it would be more effective than some commitee runnign a gas refinery, however, the fuedal relationship should be genuine and risings a real potential to prevent curruption and enslavemetn of the workers.

The owner shoul have to be involved in the daily running of the plant/factory.

That said,I do not object to the idea that people can have or may need employees, but I object toanything where an owner or owner cannot be identified and held responsable,I also object to a system which peanalizes the small private owned buisness which has personal relationship with its customers in favor of corporate ownership in which the owners have no involvement.

Ownership should always have to be real and personal, not abstract,such as stock.

Nihil Obstat

Why do you object to stock ownership? Aren't those investors exposing themselves to financial risk by their partial ownership?

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1305391391' post='2241363']
Damned hippies.
[/quote]
Son I am disappoint. You can troll harder than that.