An Old School Catholic Message Board

Global Warming is a hoax.

ironmonk

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1305310248' post='2240930']
Are you really arguing that sit is legitement in scientific investigation, or any investigation to assume a novel causation without elimination of known previous causes for that phenomena?
[/quote]
Correlation does not equal causation? Wow, that's an incredible insight. I think you should publish this and become the most celebrated scientist of our time.

I'm reduced to sarcasm in this discussion, sorry. But seriously, the scientific community knows what it's doing.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1305304338' post='2240895']
i was with you up until this point. :blink:
[/quote]
I'm disappointed that anyone was "with him" at all. I hardly responded because the post was literally 100% irrelevant straw man nonsense. You really didn't see that?

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305314941' post='2240972']
I'm disappointed that anyone was "with him" at all. I hardly responded because the post was literally 100% irrelevant straw man nonsense. You really didn't see that?
[/quote]
:idontknow: L_D.....sorry if I didn't make it clear, but i meant that I was understanding where he was coming from (not necessarily agreeing), but that the part that I quoted, I felt, stepped over a line.

sorry if I'm not gonna 'toe' your line about global warming just because you think we should all fall in, lock-step, with you. i don't know who or what to believe when it comes to 'global warming' because it seems there is much propaganda on both sides (for or against). it makes it extremely difficult when a person like me, who doesn't understand science and/or math, to sort out and understand all the evidence (for or against). and i appreciate the link-dump, but i honestly don't have the time, nor inclination, nor understanding, to read all of those links.

why am i in this thread? who knows? :idontknow:

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305314846' post='2240971']
Correlation does not equal causation? Wow, that's an incredible insight. I think you should publish this and become the most celebrated scientist of our time.

I'm reduced to sarcasm in this discussion, sorry. But seriously, the scientific community knows what it's doing.
[/quote]

Yes yes the scientific community always knows what its doing doesn't it.

So how that ether as the medium for electromagnetic waves holding up for you?

And Eugenics, they were fan-freaking-tastic, the scientific community hit it right on the nose with that one.

oh I know how about that global cooling, you know the fact that all the coal dust was causing global temperature to drop, that was pervasive enough to hav made it into my middle school science book. On no burning all the fossil fuels is going to cool the Earth too much!

Low fat diet high carb diets ...they are great for you, you don't need meat, thats why you fleash cutting teeth and the eyes in the front of your head!

The Scientific community makes mistakes, sometimes big giant ones. They hardly know what they're doing, and its a good thing, science would be crippled if they always went with the established "correct" theory.

The fact remains that such temperture variations are normal parts of climate in the last 14,000 years. Ths is not an abnormal unique phenomena. It is an established part of the normal climate of the Earth, and as such it is scientificly irresponsable to declare that a novel cause is causa until all established causes have been identified and eliminated. They have not.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1305315809' post='2240980']
:idontknow: L_D.....sorry if I didn't make it clear, but i meant that I was understanding where he was coming from (not necessarily agreeing), but that the part that I quoted, I felt, stepped over a line.

sorry if I'm not gonna 'toe' your line about global warming just because you think we should all fall in, lock-step, with you. i don't know who or what to believe when it comes to 'global warming' because it seems there is much propaganda on both sides (for or against). it makes it extremely difficult when a person like me, who doesn't understand science and/or math, to sort out and understand all the evidence (for or against). and i appreciate the link-dump, but i honestly don't have the time, nor inclination, nor understanding, to read all of those links.

why am i in this thread? who knows? :idontknow:
[/quote]
Sorry Red. Thanks for clarifying. My problem is with people who spread lies and misinformation, which is what the global warming denial is usually based on. There are plenty of fields that I know little about and don't care to study at all, nothing wrong with that. Pay me no mind...

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1305315986' post='2240985']
Yes yes the scientific community always knows what its doing doesn't it.

So how that ether as the medium for electromagnetic waves holding up for you?

And Eugenics, they were fan-freaking-tastic, the scientific community hit it right on the nose with that one.

oh I know how about that global cooling, you know the fact that all the coal dust was causing global temperature to drop, that was pervasive enough to hav made it into my middle school science book. On no burning all the fossil fuels is going to cool the Earth too much!

Low fat diet high carb diets ...they are great for you, you don't need meat, thats why you fleash cutting teeth and the eyes in the front of your head!

The Scientific community makes mistakes, sometimes big giant ones. They hardly know what they're doing, and its a good thing, science would be crippled if they always went with the established "correct" theory.

The fact remains that such temperture variations are normal parts of climate in the last 14,000 years. Ths is not an abnormal unique phenomena. It is an established part of the normal climate of the Earth, and as such it is scientificly irresponsable to declare that a novel cause is causa until all established causes have been identified and eliminated. They have not.
[/quote]
Yeah, I'll just ignore the stupid thing that you said before, as if this vindicated it, and waste time responding to this new set of stupid statements, [i]ad nauseum[/i] perhaps. Sounds fun.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305316240' post='2240987']
Sorry Red. Thanks for clarifying. My problem is with people who spread lies and misinformation, which is what the global warming denial is usually based on. There are plenty of fields that I know little about and don't care to study at all, nothing wrong with that. Pay me no mind...
[/quote]
i understand...I'm just saying, for myself...i would love to be able to be on a 'side'...but I just can't. :idontknow:

and :P for no reason at all.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305303419' post='2240889']
Exchanging links? Do you really see it that way? Clearly I've been wasting my time anyway. Bye.
[/quote]
lol layman

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1305316898' post='2240990']
i understand...I'm just saying, for myself...i would love to be able to be on a 'side'...but I just can't. :idontknow:

and :P for no reason at all.
[/quote]
I'm not qualified to critique the science. Some in this thread presume that they are but make fools of themselves because they sound like ignoramuses (at least to anyone who has even a faint familiarity with the science). My purpose has been to say, look, here are scientific sources. There are global collaborations of qualified and dedicated scientists working on this stuff. It is the epitome of hubris and asininity to suggest that one could go on the internet, drop a couple of cliche talking points, and "refute" the science. Don't be fooled. There are no compelling reasons to reject the consensus reports. Sure, there have been advancements since 2007 and the next report will reflect that, but this does not justify irrational denial and suspicion anymore than advancements and clarifications in medicine justify turning to homeopathy.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1305317266' post='2240993']
lol layman
[/quote]
You stole sixpence's jab. You've hereby convinced me of my errors. Global warming is a hoax. It's moronic. Any idiot can see that. I need to listen to more Rush.

Edit: made nicer.

Edited by Laudate_Dominum

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305316588' post='2240989']
Yeah, I'll just ignore the stupid thing that you said before, as if this vindicated it, and waste time responding to this new set of stupid statements, [i]ad nauseum[/i] perhaps. Sounds fun.
[/quote]
Translation:

I[i] don''t really have anything to say in defence, I just have blind faith that this time "the scientific community" ( as if such a thing were a thing at all) has it right, dispite the fact that 40 years ago all the entire scientific community said the exact opposite thing was happening.[/i]

Everything I posted was the pervailing, accepted idea in the scientific community at one time or another, all were wrong. This is no different, the cause of the temperture rising may well indeed be human activity, but it is just bad science to say that as if it were proven at this point.

The teating of global warming as if it were a crisis is beyond bad science. A rise in temp of 1 or 2 degrees C is not a terrible event, in fact history has shown that humans do better at such temperatures.

That is not a scientific question but a historical fact.
A concerned scentific community should be saying things like: Science CO[sub]2 [/sub] keeps the earth warmer, since the Earth is currently warming we should limit our greenhouse gases to minimize the heat increase.

See that has no judgement about cause, becuase cause has not been scientifically established, but it adresses the real concern of a serious warming ( 4 or 5 degrees C) and helps limit the roblem if humans are indeed the cause.

I simply object to the way people act like this is established sciencetfic fact when it is not.

Laudate_Dominum

No, the correct translation is you're unworthy of my time. Seriously. Your posts make me say "holy cr[s][/s]ap" to myself because I can't believe you're for real. Why I keep giving you this gratuitous 15 seconds is beyond me.

Edited by Laudate_Dominum

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305319338' post='2241003']
No, the correct translation is you're unworthy of my time. Seriously. Your posts make me say "holy cr[s][/s]ap" to myself because I can't believe you're for real. Why I keep giving you this gratuitous 15 seconds is beyond me.
[/quote]

Don't worry the feeling is mutual.

Winchester

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1300843343' post='2222503']
Irrelevant.
[/quote]
hippie

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1305319338' post='2241003']
No, the correct translation is you're unworthy of my time. Seriously. Your posts make me say "holy croutons" to myself because I can't believe you're for real. Why I keep giving you this gratuitous 15 seconds is beyond me.
[/quote]

Don't throw your

[img]http://www.gemdiamond.com/department/images/home/Pearls.jpg[/img]

Before

[img]http://b-townblog.com/wp-content/images/pigyawn.jpg[/img]