An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Three Days of Darkness

Tony

Wel lI have come acros some sourses that say it was revealed to St. Pio, but I dont know if I can trust that story.. its easy to put words into peoples mouths.

[b]Sirach 5:6 [/b]
Say not: "Great is his mercy; my many sins he will forgive."
[b]7 [/b]For mercy and anger alike are with him; upon the wicked alights his wrath.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Nicole8223' date='Feb 21 2006, 12:56 PM']I had heard that this was revealed through the supposed visions of the Blessed Mother in Garabandal.  I personally don't get the feeling that Garabandal is legit, and I don't think the church has approved it (if anyone knows any other info, feel free to share.)

I was told that there would be 3 days of darkness in which the Lord would reveal the state of our souls to us internally, and we would be horrified at our sinfulness.  People would die and others would convert.  I don't know about all this...sounds strange.  I'm not sold...

Did someone say the saints talked about it?  Who?  When?  I'm curious.
[right][snapback]893844[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Three Days of Darkness was also revealed by Prophecy of Mayence, Blessed Caspar del Bufalo, and St. Anna Maria Taig that I know of...

It seems after the three days of darkness there is period of peace and evangelization.

After the three days of darkness, Sts. Peter and Paul, having come down from heaven, will preach throughout the world and designate a new pope. A great light will flash from their bodies and will settle upon the cardinal, the future pontiff. Then Christianity will spread throughout the world. Whole nations will join the Church shortly before the reign of the Anti-Christ. these conversions will be amazing. Those who shall survive shall have to conduct themselves well. There shall be innumerable conversions of heretics, who will return to the bosom of the Church; all will note the edifying conduct of their lives, as well as that of all other Catholics. Russia, England, and China will come into the Church. St. Anna Maria Taigi (d. 1837, recently canonized by Pope John Paul II)

God will raise up a holy Pope over whom the angels will rejoice. Enlightened by God, this man will reconstruct almost the entire world through his holiness and lead all to the true faith, and everywhere fear of God, virtue, and good morals will be dominant. He will lead all erring sheep back to the fold, and there shall be only one faith, one law, one rule of life, one baptism on earth. All men will love each other and do good, and all quarrels and war will disappear. John of the Cleft Rock (1340)

The bride (Church) now all deformed and clothed in rags, will then gleam with beauty and jewels and crowned with the diadem of all virtue. All believing nations will rejoice and have such excellent and holy shepherds, and the unbelieving world attracted by the glory of the Church, will be converted to her. St. Cathrine of Siena (d.1380)

At the same time there will be a great Pope, who will be most eminent in sanctity and most perfect in every quality. This Pope shall have with him, the Great Monarch, a most virtuous man, who shall be a scion of the holy race of the French kings. This Great Monarch will assist the Pope in the reformation of the whole earth. Many princes and nations that are living in error shall be converted, and an admirable peace shall reign among men during many years, because the wrath of God shall be appeased through their repentence, penance, and good works. There will be one common law, one only faith, one baptism, one religion. All nations shall recognize the Holy See of Rome and shall pay homage to the Pope. St. Caesar of Arles (469-453)

Doesn't seem all that far fetched to me. I mean, just sounds like other persons getting visions and revelation that ties in with the book of Revelation and the fourth trumpet. :idontknow:

as far as i know it has no endorcement from the vatacin. lots of the revelations were from a discredited mystic, rose somebody. we were just talking about this on another group im in. ill see if i can find some good links

whenever i hear about this, im like.....what about homeless people?? nomadic herders, people who have no access to a blessed candle supply........people in Haiti who live in cement block houses with no screens or glass in their windows, people who live in huts in africa, the little child out on his swing inthe backyard.....kinda sounds like hysteria to me....almost protestantish

Edited by simplemama

KnightofChrist

[quote name='simplemama' date='Feb 21 2006, 02:11 PM']as far as i know it has no endorcement from the vatacin.  lots of the revelations were from a discredited mystic, rose somebody.  we were just talking about this on another group im in.  ill see if i can find some good links
[right][snapback]893936[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I have no idea this rose person is, no one here has quoted her, she has nothing to do with what has been quoted. I quoted Saints and blesseds of Holy Mother Church... Rose whomever she is may have seen used the Saints and Blesseds "visions" for her own unjust gain... but that does not make these Saints and Blessed liars...

The Vatican may have not endorced these "visions". But the Sacred Scriptures and Church teachings hold the primacy of place in what we are to understand about the end times. Moreover, the writings of the early Fathers (Patristic) and the Saints have much to say about the end times also. The Church does not censure the study of these private revelations, in so long as the prophecy comes from a virtuous source, I believe Saints and Blesseds decarled by Holy Mother Church to be a virtuous source. However, the Church teaches us to approach any end-time prophecy with a critical eye, but a open eye as well.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='simplemama' date='Feb 21 2006, 02:14 PM']whenever i hear about this, im like.....what about homeless people??  nomadic herders, people who have no access to a blessed candle supply........people in Haiti who live in cement block houses with no screens or glass in their windows, people who live in huts in africa, the little child out on his swing inthe backyard.....kinda sounds like hysteria to me....almost protestantish
[right][snapback]893939[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You should pray for these people, because the end will come and it will be deadly hysteria for many. Protestantish? Not quite sure what you mean, but just because protestants have made great errors in end time Prophecydoes not mean these Catholic saints are wrong.

Something to remember about prophesy...

Real True Prophesy from God can be changed by love.

If it does not come true, that does not mean that it was not real.

[b]1 Corin. 13:8 [/b]
Love never fails.[b] If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing[/b]; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.

There's been all sorts of prophecies, and their meaning is not always totally apparent.
Catholics are not required to believe or disbelieve this and other private revelations.

Personally, I think it's a waste of time to get all hyped up about this. We should try to live lives of holiness and live each day as if it were our last, rather than worrying about staying indoors and stocking up on sacred candles.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Socrates' date='Feb 21 2006, 06:02 PM']There's been all sorts of prophecies, and their meaning is not always totally apparent. 
Catholics are not required to believe or disbelieve this and other private revelations.

Personally, I think it's a waste of time to get all hyped up about this.  We should try to live lives of holiness and live each day as if it were our last, rather than worrying about staying indoors and stocking up on sacred candles.
[right][snapback]894090[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I understand where you coming from, however it is not a waste of time to read prophecies. To get hyped up about them sure that would be bad. I'm frankly surpised at how very, very, very little my fellow Catholics know of Catholic prophecy, some even seem to have some kind of hate of Prophecy itself. I would say it would be a waste of time to be willfully uneducated. After all, having a blessed candle on hand aint that bad of an idea, and staying inside for three days and live would be better than going out and not.

ok, just reading this, while I've heard of the prophesies, I haven't really looked at them.

all the hype over apocalypic prophesy can be brought back to reason with one fact: your life may be required tonight, so why worry about (insert prophesy here). Now is all we have, as socrates has noted.

chris

btw

These three days sound like nuclear war.
all it would take is one desprate man (with a nuke), and we have several desparate nations with nukes. It will probably happen. in our lifetimes? In the next century or two? who knows?