An Old School Catholic Message Board

telling little kids

bx_racer

um this is kinda embarrasing but ive caught my little bro, well you know but i dont know if he knows i caught him. anyway i wanna tell him its wrong but i mean how can i? it feels weird talking about that with a little kid.

Brother Adam

Someone needs to talk to him. I wish someone would have talked to me so I would have never become addicted. Then again I was Lutheran and we were taught it was a normal and healthy outlet...

homeschoolmom

You suggest by the tread title that your brother is a little kid. What age? This is important. I six year old probably doesn't need to hear anything more than, "We don't touch our private parts." Whereas a 16-year-old gets a whole different conversation altogether...

[quote name='bx_racer' date='Mar 13 2006, 07:05 PM']um this is kinda embarrasing but ive caught my little bro, well you know but i dont know if he knows i caught him. anyway i wanna tell him its wrong but i mean how can i? it feels weird talking about that with a little kid.
[right][snapback]910747[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, if he's around ten, he'll be in sex ed, and they tell them it's a normal thing.

The public school system is corrupt... but that's another story.

Pray and just sit down and talk to him... and continue to pray for him. Know that you are planting seeds... pray that the Lord waters them. If someone uses the excuse that everyone does it, so it can't be that bad, point out that a lot of people lie, and that does not make it right.

It is actually bad for prostate and testicles also. The latest study states that it can lead to prostate cancer later in life. The natural release through nocturnal emissions is the only healthy outlet outside of a sacramental marriage.

You could take the angle that God teaches us everything for a reason... i.e. if there was no premarital sex, there would be no std's or hiv.

Bad things can happen to us when we break God's laws. The laws are here to protect us from the harm we can cause ourselves.

You don't have to tell him that you caught him, just talk to him about it. He might be more comfortable talking to you rather than your parents.

Good luck and God Bless,
ironmonk

Brother Adam

That is fascinating ironmonk, do you have a link to that study? I'd love to have it for my discussions with Protestants.

dairygirl4u2c

Surely the study would indicate that only excessively [mod]be nice[/mod], for guys that is, would be bad. That is, unless regular sex with your spouse can lead to cancer etc.

There are studies, I hear of anyway, that say that sex is good for you etc and can extend your life. But then I know I've heard of some that say if you do it too much it can shorten your lifespan. I'm sure it all depends on how the studies I hear of are interpreted/misinterpreted and most definitely probably on frequency. etc

All I claim to offer is hearsay.

thessalonian

Funny, I was thinking of this issue with regard to some of the discussions that say homosexuality can't be cured. I've been told by a relative that this cannot be cured either and that single men cannot help themselves. I suppose you could even say it is genetic :blink: and so using the usual homosexual gene logic we wave our majic morality wand and call it good.

I do think you need to approach him in a gentle way, trying not to embarrass him.

thessalonian

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Mar 13 2006, 09:16 PM']Surely the study would indicate that only excessively [mod]be nice[/mod], for guys that is, would be bad. That is, unless regular sex with your spouse can lead to cancer etc.

There are studies, I hear of anyway, that say that sex is good for you etc and can extend your life. But then I know I've heard of some that say if you do it too much it can shorten your lifespan. I'm sure it all depends on how the studies I hear of are interpreted/misinterpreted and most definitely probably on frequency. etc

All I claim to offer is hearsay.
[right][snapback]910893[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Mastrubation isn't sex. It's fornication and that can't be good for you no matter how you slice it. Unless of course your in the let's read the Bible so that it makes me feel good group. Oh, did I offend you? Sorry.

Just to add my 2 cents.....

One of my pet hates is the problem with alot of people today the "[b]If it feels good - do it[/b]" mentality.

Using that kind of logic, I can say "I feel like taking your money".... etc...
It may feel good to someone if theres alot of cash in it! ..... :D:

Not everything that feels good can be right......

Rob

[quote]Mastrubation isn't sex.[/quote]

Your body can't tell the difference between masturbation and sex. They are the same except in sex you'll be in contact with foreign substances and possible STDs.