An Old School Catholic Message Board

telling little kids

bx_racer

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:44 PM']I prefer the old way of referring to it to make a point "self-abuse."
[right][snapback]913655[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i agree. That is how all the trads talk about it. It would be a little weird for a priest to give a sermon about it with so much detail.

Cow of Shame

[quote name='Semalsia' date='Mar 14 2006, 06:25 PM']Your body can't tell the difference between masturbation and sex.
[/quote]

Ah, not true. Males ejaculate more sperm during intercourse than during masturbation.
(sorry, couldn't find a link for verification right now....will post if/when I find it)

catholicinsd

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Mar 20 2006, 09:31 PM']Ah, not true.  Males ejaculate more sperm during intercourse than during masturbation. 
(sorry, couldn't find a link for verification right now....will post if/when I find it)
[right][snapback]916107[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Words of wisdom.

[quote]Actually, I read somewhere that your body can tell the difference... it was something to the effect of releasing about 1/5th the number of endorphins after masturbation than sex.[/quote]

[quote]Ah, not true. Males ejaculate more sperm during intercourse than during masturbation.
(sorry, couldn't find a link for verification right now....will post if/when I find it)[/quote]

Ok well sex usually is better than masturbation, so maybe it does cause a stronger reaction. But that means they're still the same and we're only talking about magnitude. If masturbation can cause certain disease, then sex has the same or even greater chance of causing that same disease. That was my point. And if what you say is true, then you've only nicely proved it correct. I don't know what masturbation does to the soul, but some people were talking about cancer and stuff. And that can't be right... besides I've only read it having the opposite effect.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 13 2006, 10:52 PM']That is fascinating ironmonk, do you have a link to that study? I'd love to have it for my discussions with Protestants.
[right][snapback]910875[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sorry to miss this... I saw it some time ago on a news site linked from Drudge... it'll take some time to find it.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Cow of Shame

[quote name='Semalsia' date='Mar 22 2006, 11:29 PM']Ok well sex usually is better than masturbation, so maybe it does cause a stronger reaction. But that means they're still the same and we're only talking about magnitude. If masturbation can cause certain disease, then sex has the same or even greater chance of causing that same disease. That was my point. And if what you say is true, then you've only nicely proved it correct. I don't know what masturbation does to the soul, but some people were talking about cancer and stuff. And that can't be right... besides I've only read it having the opposite effect.
[right][snapback]918638[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

"Sex is better than masturbation, so I'll discount scientific findings as irrelevant and continue to maintain that they're exactly the same"

lol

There is a body of writing out there indicating that many women enjoy masturbation over hetersexual sex. I had a male coworker once who claimed 'self help' was better than being with his wife (who was good looking, for the record). What 'feels better' isn't a good measure, as some literature considers orgasm to be a primarily psychologically mediated experience.

Sperm count wouldn't be related to what "feels better". Sex and masturbation, while on the surface appear nearly the same thing....aren't.