An Old School Catholic Message Board

A list of things for PCPA2BE to do

Laurentina1975

Laurentina1975

1. Sleep in till at least noon on one occasion, because you'll never do it again.

2. Go to starbucks and down 5 Venti carmel macchiatos at once until you get sick, so that you can effectively train yourself not to crave carmel macchiatos whilst in the convent. Trust me, it works.

3. Eat some Hindu/Pakistan food with Deb before you go. Perhaps by the grace of God, He will bring a nice Indian Sister to cook this when you are at the Convent (wouldn't that be cool?).

anymore suggestions?

Edited by Laurentina1975

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Mar 29 2006, 08:59 AM']1. Sleep in till at least noon on one occasion, because you'll never do it again.

2. Go to starbucks and down 5 Venti carmel macchiatos at once until you get sick, so that you can effectively train yourself not to crave carmel macchiatos whilst in the convent.  Trust me, it works.

3. Eat some Hindu/Pakistan food with Deb before you go.  Perhaps by the grace of God, He will bring a nice Indian Sister to cook this when you are at the Convent (wouldn't that be cool?).
anymore suggestions?
[right][snapback]926708[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

4. Soak in a tub, surrounded by scents, bubbles and good wine.

5. Go to your favorite outdoor place [park, lake, mountain] relax, swim, read a book or snooze. Bring along a great lunch and soak it all in.

6. Take one day for a silent retreat...go to Mass, pray, have a holy hour, embrace all that Peace in the midst of the plans and preparations.

Mary-Kathryn

I have a 43 things list of stuff I want to do (some are ridiculous):
[url="http://www.43things.com/person/jennyinabottl"]http://www.43things.com/person/jennyinabottl[/url]

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Mar 29 2006, 07:59 AM']1. Sleep in till at least noon on one occasion, because you'll never do it again.

2. Go to starbucks and down 5 Venti carmel macchiatos at once until you get sick, so that you can effectively train yourself not to crave carmel macchiatos whilst in the convent.  Trust me, it works.

3. Eat some Hindu/Pakistan food with Deb before you go.  Perhaps by the grace of God, He will bring a nice Indian Sister to cook this when you are at the Convent (wouldn't that be cool?).
anymore suggestions?
[right][snapback]926708[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
1. Well, I did sleep in until 10am today!
2. Ugh. .. I'm cured/trained just reading about it!
3. Yea, that's probably gonna happen this week, and maybe again next week. I need to go back to Delhi Palace, and I want to eat at Haji Baba's at least once more time. LOL

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' date='Mar 29 2006, 08:56 AM']4. Soak in a tub, surrounded by scents, bubbles and good wine.

5.  Go to your favorite outdoor place [park, lake, mountain] relax, swim, read a book or snooze.  Bring along a great lunch and soak it all in.

6. Take one day for a silent retreat...go to Mass, pray, have a holy hour, embrace all that Peace in the midst of the plans and preparations.

Mary-Kathryn
[right][snapback]926772[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

4. That's Friday night for me! Add the candles too.
5. I'm not sure I have one particular favorite. . .I'll just have to go outdoors someplace where there's not a lot of noise.
6. That's a fabulous idea. I usually do a 3 day retreat, starting with Holy Thursday night Mass and ending with Easter Vigil Mass, although technically that's 48 hours, not 3 days.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Mar 29 2006, 09:20 AM']I have a 43 things list of stuff I want to do (some are ridiculous):
[url="http://www.43things.com/person/jennyinabottl"]http://www.43things.com/person/jennyinabottl[/url]
[right][snapback]926796[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hmmmm, really the only 2 things that are in your list that I haven't done that I'd want, is to go to Europe (esp Rome, Sicily, Avila, Assisi, Lourdes, Fatima) and write a book (it's started, but it stalled and it'll probably never get finished. . .which I can accept.

Thanks for the ideas! :) Y'all are wonderful.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Mar 29 2006, 11:22 AM']7.  Add OLAM Dad to your book of 'people to pray for everyday for the rest of my life'.
[right][snapback]927017[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That's why he has to PM me his address so I can actually write him once a year to TELL him that I'm praying for him everyday! >:(

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 29 2006, 10:25 AM']1.  Well, I did sleep in until 10am today!
2.  Ugh. .. I'm cured/trained just reading about it!
3.  Yea, that's probably gonna happen this week, and maybe again next week.  I need to go back to Delhi Palace, and I want to eat at Haji Baba's at least once more time. LOL
4. That's Friday night for me!  Add the candles too.
5.  I'm not sure I have one particular favorite. . .I'll just have to go outdoors someplace where there's not a lot of noise.
6. That's a fabulous idea.  I usually do a 3 day retreat, starting with Holy Thursday night Mass and ending with Easter Vigil Mass, although technically that's 48 hours, not 3 days.
Hmmmm, really the only 2 things that are in your list that I haven't done that I'd want, is to go to Europe (esp Rome, Sicily, Avila, Assisi, Lourdes, Fatima) and write a book (it's started, but it stalled and it'll probably never get finished. . .which I can accept.
Thanks for the ideas!  :)  Y'all are wonderful.
[right][snapback]926917[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You don't want to start a riot? :D:

Yea, you know. . .usually that might be fun. . .but I'm thinking that I'll pass this time around ;)

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Mar 29 2006, 12:39 PM']You should go to Coldstone too and eat 4 pounds of cake batter ice cream just because.
[right][snapback]927180[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That would be pretty amazing!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Mar 29 2006, 01:39 PM']You should go to Coldstone too and eat 4 pounds of cake batter ice cream just because.
[right][snapback]927180[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
ohmygosh..... yes!!!!