An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Reading?

Nathan

Intro to the NT - Raymond Brown

Good. But a bit over my head. Still put in "layman's terms" tho. And a bit humongous.

• 2 weeks later...
AccountDeleted

[quote name='karin' post='985115' date='May 19 2006, 08:58 PM']The Way of Perfection and Interior Castles by Saint Teresa of Avila are Incredible also I like Mary was Her life. I cant remember who it's by but it is super good. God Bless and Mary keep
Karin[/quote]

Those are two of my favorites, along with

The Autobiography of St Teresa and
the Imitation of Christ (Kempis).

I like the Allison Peers translations of Teresa best.

I'm actually starting to read a new translation of St. Theresa of Avila's Autobiography by Mirabai Starr... she's an atheist, although a great admirer of St. Theresa, so it should be interesting to see her take on St. Theresa's life.

I'm also reading [i]Middlemarch [/i]by George Eliot, a collection of Tolstoy's short stories, and [i]A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich[/i] by Solzhenitsyn.

[i]In the Sweet Kitchen: The Definitive Baker's Companion[/i]- Regan Daley.......full of info on everything related to baking!

I really want to read Flannery O'Connor's short stories

[quote name='Lena' post='1260135' date='Apr 29 2007, 09:41 PM']I really want to read Flannery O'Connor's short stories[/quote]

:thumbsup: I think that you will enjoy them.

TheOliverOrder88

Frank Herbert's "Dune"...

Imitation of Christ...

Romans

I really want that newly issued Tolkien book, "Children of Hurin" or something like that.

AlterDominicus

Um...ahem.... *cough* [i]Saint John Bosco[/i] by F.A. Forbes :P: :P: [yes thats to my Salesian phatmassers out there]

Tindomiel

[quote name='Blessed Imelda Pray for Us' post='1261199' date='Apr 30 2007, 09:40 PM']The Lamb's Supper by Scott Hahn --- AMAZING[/quote]
That's a wonderful book. It changed my entire way of looking at and participating in Mass.

I'm working on [i]Modern Times[/i] by Paul Johnson. It's quite a tome.

Church Punk

For the life of the world Biography of St. Maximillian Kolbe
Killing Dragons, mans conquest of the Alps - cant remember the author