An Old School Catholic Message Board

Satanism

pyranima

[quote name='Budge' post='1023944' date='Jul 13 2006, 06:08 PM']
Justified Saint, every post you put up is Catholic Apologist technique #3...

Another know-it-all who considers calling others "ignorant" successful debate who only shows themselves never able to actually deal with the issues at hand and WHO ALWAYS without hesistation turns the topic personal to the messenger?

So are you going to warn her about witchcraft or continue your attacks on the messenger?

Three of you, all mad, that someone would dare speak out against witchcraft and warning a woman against witchcraft...

thats sad...

Dont see any of the rest of you stepping up to warn her.

Youre all outraged because youre so indoctrinated into PCness, you are horrified that someone may preach Christianity against the Universalist gospel.

You have to prove youre all one happy unified family even with occultists.
I dont see any condemnation here, just intense lukewarmness and anger at a woman who would dare warn someone away from witchcraft. I suppose this means youre not following that "official" teaching.

The rest of you arent any help to her whatsoever.
[/quote]
No one is angry at you for "warning against witchcraft." The problem is your slander of the Church as being somehow supportive of witchcraft (which I have clearly shown to be false).
You come in, accuse Catholics of condoning witchcraft, then, when people offer constructive criticism of the tone of your posts, you accuse everyone here of being motivated by love for witchcraft and P.C. universalism. This is nonsense and you know it. Your methods are a farce. This isn't about "warning against witchcraft" - it's about slandering the Church.
Anyway, I think I've wasted enough of my time with your foolishness.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote name='Budge' post='1023518' date='Jul 13 2006, 07:19 AM']
One thing Catholics ignore is how the Bible warns about Satanists and agents of Satan appearing as angel of light or "ministers of righteousness"
[/quote]
With all charity, this is not true. The Church is ridiculed and called ignorant for its rites of exorcism. John Paul II performed a few during his pontificate and even said that to not believe in Satan is to not believe in the Gospel.

Justified Saint

[quote name='Budge' post='1023944' date='Jul 13 2006, 05:08 PM']
Justified Saint, every post you put up is Catholic Apologist technique #3...

Another know-it-all who considers calling others "ignorant" successful debate who only shows themselves never able to actually deal with the issues at hand and WHO ALWAYS without hesistation turns the topic personal to the messenger?

So are you going to warn her about witchcraft or continue your attacks on the messenger?

Three of you, all mad, that someone would dare speak out against witchcraft and warning a woman against witchcraft...

thats sad...

Dont see any of the rest of you stepping up to warn her.

Youre all outraged because youre so indoctrinated into PCness, you are horrified that someone may preach Christianity against the Universalist gospel.

You have to prove youre all one happy unified family even with occultists.
I dont see any condemnation here, just intense lukewarmness and anger at a woman who would dare warn someone away from witchcraft. I suppose this means youre not following that "official" teaching.

The rest of you arent any help to her whatsoever.
[/quote]

I see nothing wrong with my approach, or that of others. You're arguments are hastily conceived, over-generalized, and fallacious as others have constantly shown. You have already made it clear that you aren't here to dialogue but rather to hand out condemnations and judgments. Therefore, you should be treated for what you are: a troll.

I am afraid that you are a messenger without a message. Thus in the words of the Bard, you are sound and fury signifying nothing.

DAF,

"Aggressively ignorant", I love it!! :D:

cmotherofpirl

Ok [i]everyone[/i] mind your manners here. :club:

Budge since you are not catholic and do not understand Catholic teaching, how can you effectively
correct the Church? :)

The opinions you have brought forth so far are not catholic teaching but little bits of this and that, but nothing for anyone to really discuss or pay attention to. Lots of fluff, not real substance.

Would it not be better for you to simply bring up a point you don't understand, sit back, take a deep breath, and listen for awhile??
You are never giong to convert anybody to anything this way, and if you are here to save our souls, its not working. :)

If you are going to be effective at anything you actually have to talk to people, not at people.
So why don't you start over with an actual point of CATHOLIC teaching or some belief of your own and actually discuss it??

Aaaall right then. (I got to bed for a few hours...)

The Catholic Church, and every other Christian Church that I know of, does not condone witchcraft. There are those who can combine both Christianity and Wicca in their own PERSONAL eclectic blend that they are happy with and don't feel as though they are betraying either religion...I'm not one of them. :)

Budge, I understand that you believe the energy comes from Satan. I disagree. I could give you a hundred exercises to do and by the time you completed them you would be aware of the energy and it's source, which is not how it is described in any Bible. Unfortunately you (and probably everyone else here, no offense meant) would brush it off as either Satanic or a bunch of New Age hogwash, so there's no point. I appreciate your warnings, but I choose to disregard them, as is my right. I bookmarked the Ex-Witch Ministry for some light fictional reading when I get home later (no, not going to a Black Mass or anything, just the beach with the family :lol:) but not the other article, since I've already read that one. It kept me laughing for hours, but it gets old.

I'll leave the Budge vs. Everyone Else fight to continue now...*Mortal Kombat-style* Ready...FIGHT!

Guest JeffCR07

Lahecil, if you're even still reading this thread, I would be more than happy to talk to you about what the Catholic Church teaches and why it teaches it. You seem both honest and sincere, and I hope that I can offer the same, should we ever talk. Even if you and I disagree fundamentally on the nature of wicca, magick, and the occult, an intellectually honest conversation that is mutually respectful will always help people who are on different sides of an issue come to understand each other better.

- Jeff

Yeah Lahecil, I would very much enjoy something of a debate with you. Not really to prove who's better or right (even though clearly we both believe we're right, and will try to prove it) there are some things that, while won't ever believe them, I am genuinely interested to know what a 'wiccan' believes on various issues, I'm sure others would agree with me. :)

JS: :lol_roll: :kitten:

Also, why don't you get your boyfriend on here. He's a Catholic, he'd find a nice home here. :) And he seems like a good guy.

Edited by DAF

PM me any time folks! *tapes up fists* (Just kidding! ;))

I'd love to get my boyfriend on here, but he works three days a week, and his family, friends, and your's truly take up the other four days...not to mention he's gonna buy World of Warcraft! :lol: There goes his nice tan...I will most definitely ask him though. :)