Proud2BCatholic139 Posted July 27, 2006 Posted July 27, 2006 That's right, don't put your personal information on myspace like your last name, say you live in yugoslovia, or you can always set it to private and only your friends can view your profile. Myspace isn't bad.
kujo Posted July 30, 2006 Author Posted July 30, 2006 [quote name='Christie_M' post='1031735' date='Jul 27 2006, 12:02 AM'] [color="blue"] I have a question. Um, how many modorators do you have on the site? [/color] [/quote] We currently have 20 moderators, not including our staff (myself, the web-master and my roommate). Within the next few weeks, we will add an additional 10 moderators who are teenagers that we are familiar with and who we feel are advanced enough in their faith to hold their peers accountable. Some quick answers: [quote name='notardillacid' post='1031744' date='Jul 27 2006, 12:04 AM'] many many more countless kids who go to school are harmed and abused physically and mentally, but you don't see parents pulling their kids out. Use myspace responsibly [/quote] That's like saying "I'm gonna stand on train tracks because, most of the time, I'm safe." [quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1031753' date='Jul 27 2006, 12:09 AM'] That's right, don't put your personal information on myspace like your last name, say you live in yugoslovia, or you can always set it to private and only your friends can view your profile. Myspace isn't bad. [/quote] You are 100% correct: Myspace is not bad. That's why we work day and night to make CatholicTeens.com look and feel as much like Myspace as we can. I don't quite understand the hesitation here, guys. We have no beef with Myspace (heck, I even maintain my own Myspace page so that I can look after the teens at my LIFE TEEN program). We are just trying to answer a calling we felt we received. In Christ, Kujo Site Admin Director of Music & Worship
musturde Posted July 30, 2006 Posted July 30, 2006 (edited) [quote name='kujo' post='1031190' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:23 AM'] Fixxxer, If you question why there needs to be an alternative to myspace, just look at some of the news of the past few months. Countless teenagers have been kidnapped, harmed and abused by pedophiles who have used Myspace as their vehicle. Additionally, as Vianney Sausages stated, the advertisements and general-culture of the community is contradictory on many levels to Catholic beliefs. We want to provide teenagers with the opportunity to enjoy all the good things about Myspace while bathing in Catholic culture. I hope this answers your question and that you give us a chance. [/quote] I honestly think people will still kidnapp off of a Catholic Myspace. Actually, if it becomes popular enough amongst Catholics, I can imagine it being a bigger target. Think about it, innocent Catholics... Thinking this site is going to be secure is a very dangerous thought, which [b]will[/b] be used to a predators advantage. Edited July 30, 2006 by musturde
ardillacid Posted July 30, 2006 Posted July 30, 2006 [quote name='kujo' post='1034116' date='Jul 30 2006, 12:01 AM'] That's like saying "I'm gonna stand on train tracks because, most of the time, I'm safe." [/quote] Life is dangerous. Eventually the train is going to hit everyone.
TheOliverOrder88 Posted July 30, 2006 Posted July 30, 2006 Could this better be named www.morewasteoftime.com. Seriously man, you dont need another website to go and take more of your time. You could read instead or better yet pray. Or....fine I'll sign up.
kujo Posted July 30, 2006 Author Posted July 30, 2006 [quote name='musturde' post='1034157' date='Jul 30 2006, 01:27 AM'] I honestly think people will still kidnapp off of a Catholic Myspace. Actually, if it becomes popular enough amongst Catholics, I can imagine it being a bigger target. Think about it, innocent Catholics... Thinking this site is going to be secure is a very dangerous thought, which [b]will[/b] be used to a predators advantage. [/quote] Has anyone been kidnapped from PhatMass (except when the nordillacid person went "missing")? I would hope that strong Catholics like yourself would pray that no harm would come of any teenagers. Nothing is full-proof...but we are trying. [quote name='TheOliverOrder88' post='1034186' date='Jul 30 2006, 01:50 AM'] Could this better be named www.morewasteoftime.com. Seriously man, you dont need another website to go and take more of your time. You could read instead or better yet pray. Or....fine I'll sign up. [/quote] Good point. Let's take down all websites (including Phatmass and LIFETEEN.com and Vatican.va) so that we can spend more time in adoration. I'm all for it brother. But, until we can get everyone to do that, let's use the gifts that God has given to us for His glory, eh?
Fr. Antony Maria OSB Posted July 30, 2006 Posted July 30, 2006 [quote name='kujo' post='1030373' date='Jul 24 2006, 11:56 PM'] Hey ya'll. We are still having trouble getting our page off of the "blocked list" of a lot of Internet Providers. The reason being that, until last fall, CatholicTeens.com (and 60 different variations of the words "Catholic" "teens" and "chastity") were all pornography sites. I know, it's disgusting. Myself and an army of Catholics raised enough money to buy these domain names away from the pornography peeps. If you could tell me the different Parental Control software things ya'll use, we can contact them and have them revise their systems. I'm sorry if this has caused any confusion! [/quote] Well, I see no reason why I shouldn't give this site a chance, so sbcyahoo's parental controls also block this site. Good luck with this! Expect a Miracle! NazFarmer
geetarplayer Posted August 1, 2006 Posted August 1, 2006 Hey y'all, I'm with kujo on this one. I don't understand why everyone is dissing CatholicTeens.com here. It's a ministry, you guys. It's still new but it's ever-growing. My friends and I use it as a vehicle for encouragement, affirmation, and inspiration. Give it a chance, eh?
sidemunch88 Posted August 1, 2006 Posted August 1, 2006 hey i like catholic teens it is a good site and I enjoy it It keeps me away FROM OTHER BAD STUFF ON THE NET so when i am bored i don\'t go and look at THE OTHER BAD STUFF ON THE NET i am on a good catholic website and if you have a account on catholicteens.com here is my link to my PAGE -----> [url="http://www.catholicteens.com/sidemunch88"]http://www.catholicteens.com/sidemunch88[/url]
Christie_M Posted August 2, 2006 Posted August 2, 2006 [quote name='kujo' post='1034116' date='Jul 29 2006, 10:01 PM'] We currently have 20 moderators, not including our staff (myself, the web-master and my roommate). Within the next few weeks, we will add an additional 10 moderators who are teenagers that we are familiar with and who we feel are advanced enough in their faith to hold their peers accountable. [/quote] [color="blue"] Thanks. I'm just waiting to get an OK from my parents. I may have more questions later, I hope you don't mind. [/color]
Resurrexi Posted August 10, 2006 Posted August 10, 2006 I got a Catholic Myspace too, www.catholicteens.com/medievalcatholic
fearundercontrol Posted August 16, 2006 Posted August 16, 2006 I'm on there too. Oh and kujo, is there a reason that I get a "this page cannot be displayed" like almost half the time I try to go to the site? Are you like doing a lot of construction or something?
adsdrummer Posted August 16, 2006 Posted August 16, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1044514' date='Aug 16 2006, 09:00 AM'] I'm on there too. Oh and kujo, is there a reason that I get a "this page cannot be displayed" like almost half the time I try to go to the site? Are you like doing a lot of construction or something? [/quote] odd.. i never get that. i think they are doing some construction however..but im only a mod. i dont know everything.
fearundercontrol Posted August 16, 2006 Posted August 16, 2006 [quote name='adsdrummer' post='1044547' date='Aug 16 2006, 10:25 AM'] odd.. i never get that. i think they are doing some construction however..but im only a mod. i dont know everything. [/quote] It's been happening for quite some time now. And I've been getting it all day today.
adsdrummer Posted August 16, 2006 Posted August 16, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1044614' date='Aug 16 2006, 10:39 AM'] It's been happening for quite some time now. And I've been getting it all day today. [/quote] hmmm.... odd. how many times have you talked to kujo or chris about it?
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted August 17, 2006 Posted August 17, 2006 I got banned on Catholicteens.com. My friend Nick knows the owner. I don't know why I got banned.
fearundercontrol Posted August 17, 2006 Posted August 17, 2006 [quote name='adsdrummer' post='1044625' date='Aug 16 2006, 11:48 AM'] hmmm.... odd. how many times have you talked to kujo or chris about it? [/quote] Uhhh none. I never thought to. [quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1045099' date='Aug 16 2006, 11:01 PM'] I got banned on Catholicteens.com. My friend Nick knows the owner. I don't know why I got banned. [/quote] That's sad.
adsdrummer Posted August 17, 2006 Posted August 17, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1045314' date='Aug 17 2006, 09:07 AM'] Uhhh none. I never thought to. [/quote] hehe, i would reccomend talking to them about it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now