An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestantism denies the divinity of Christ

curtins

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1044296' date='Aug 15 2006, 09:55 PM']
So, which one of these many churches is the one that ........ would be protected against the gates of hell?
[/quote]

Just as an FYI.... We don't need protection from gates. We STORM gates!!!!!

Eg. Tollkien's LOTR

In Him.

[quote]Just as an FYI.... We don't need protection from gates. We STORM gates!!!!! [/quote]

Interesting, that no one, not ONE has taken up the challenge to do a study on GATES, what they do, what they mean in scripture, where they are mentioned otherwise, and WHAT Jesus was saying....and believe me, He was NOT saying the biggest "church/denomination" would be HIS...just READ the bible folks, everything, all of it, every last verse points to the opposite. At the time of His coming, HE SAID, "will there {even BE} faith left on the earth?" :saint:

The entire New Testament, all of it, points to the "church/large denomination" going "bad" and falling into apostacy, that is confirmed over and over, and reconfirmed in Revelation. :shock:

So, the twisted exegesis of Roman Catholics, about the "gates of hell not prevaling" cannot be substantiated inside of, and using only, this isolated verse.

Anyone ever hear of an exhaustive concordance? How about looking up gates, and seeing what other passages mean when that term and word is employed?

Does ANYONE here know how to work one? :idontknow:

Justified Saint

Given your hack job of the word "ekklesia" and your unwillingness to acknowledge critiques of it (like Jeff's), most people have very little faith in your ability to carry on an intelligent conversation (myself included). As it is, your posts are filled with assertion after assertion with no support.

[quote name='Justified Saint' post='1045508' date='Aug 17 2006, 02:31 PM']
Given your hack job of the word "ekklesia" and your unwillingness to acknowledge critiques of it (like Jeff's), most people have very little faith in your ability to carry on an intelligent conversation (myself included). As it is, your posts are filled with assertion after assertion with no support.
[/quote]

AMEN!!!

I feel like this is similar to a "Where's Waldo" book, except where looking for any trace of truth. I haven't found it yet.

Edited by stbernardLT

Justified Saint

But we are also looking for Euty too (or Budge for that matter).

Whenever the flaming stops working and the serious rebuttals start piling up, you won't hear again from these two characters. It happens all the time and thus I suspect this thread is done precisely when the discussion has even a chance at being honest.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1045458' date='Aug 17 2006, 01:30 PM']
Anyone ever hear of an exhaustive concordance? How about looking up gates, and seeing what other passages mean when that term and word is employed?

Does ANYONE here know how to work one?
[/quote]

Sure. I've used them extensively... I agree that gates must be stormed!!...

So, how to do it and stay loyal to all of Scripture.... Clearly we have to look at Paul's teachings about church unity
in I Corinthians..... Anyways, each in our own station need to figure out how we can bring more unity and common
purpose incarnating Christ where we are.... Maybe that's bringing two aloof groups together in a bible church or
a Catholic parish, maybe it's healing a marriage, it certainly means spreading the gospel of Christ for the forgiveness
of sins throughout the world!!! In Him