An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholics and Salvation

Jesuspaidtheprice

[quote] THere is ONLY one, the rest are mere fantasies[/quote]

Hon, you are missing the point here { is that deliberate? } there are MANY gods just look around you.

What you are missing here, is that they are not THE God, but they ARE INDEED, gods.

[quote]I said GOD, not gods.
THere is ONLY one, the rest are mere fantasies
[/quote]

Honestly Im creeped out by the Any {One} God will do mentality on this board.

But then I suppose that is the natural outcome of any non-Christian religion which Catholicism definitely is.

Edited by Budge

[quote name='Budge' post='1046542' date='Aug 20 2006, 05:00 AM']
The Catholic Church has marked itself as antichrist by saying Allah [of Islam] is God too.
[/quote]
I see this as saying they worship the God of Abraham just as Christians do.

Anyone who cannot figure out the first commandment is NOT a Christian.

That includes on the list, those who think Allah [of Islam] is God.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1046598' date='Aug 20 2006, 09:11 AM']
Hon, you are missing the point here { is that deliberate? } there are MANY gods just look around you.

What you are missing here, is that they are not THE God, but they ARE INDEED, gods.
[/quote]

No sweetems, you are missing my point. There is only one God, and prayers have no where else to go but to HIM. So if someone believes in Almighty Omnipotent Eternal God , Creator of the Universe but calls him El, or Jehovah, or even Tash, instead of God, he is still God.

I see many thing people can love more than God Almighty, but they are certainly NOT God or gods.

[quote]omeone believes in Almighty Omnipotent Eternal God , Creator of the Universe but calls him El, or Jehovah, or even Tash, instead of God, he is still God.[/quote]

So according to you if someone is praying to Zoraster, or the "Goddess", or Allah, they are all praying to the one true God of the Bible.

Dear, you are horribly mistaken.

Many people who do not know God, pray to false spirits believing they are GOD.

[quote]There is only one God, and prayers have no where else to go but to HIM. So if someone believes in Almighty Omnipotent Eternal God , Creator of the Universe but calls him El, or Jehovah, or even Tash, instead of God, he is still God.[/quote]

Tell me you are kidding?!

Honestly.

So, I pray to Shiva, and the prayer goes to YHWH? I pray to Ba'al, and the prayer is rerouted to YHWH?

Have you even READ the Old Testament? Honestly, NO ONE can truly be that wrong and make even a claim to have any knowledge of the bible. Sorry.

I sit her staggered that anyone would make that claim with a straight face.

We might as well toss out the first commandment then, hey, if ALL PRAYERS go to YHWH no matter WHOM we are praying to...then Asheroth, Ba'al, Thor, Zeus, Diana, Artemis, and Mars....were just fine, and Pau should have just come into those towns and saw that they were OK BY YOUR definition, and moved on, after making a donation at the local temple to whomever...

{ unbelievable, simply unbelievable...}

Justified Saint

But in Islam the foundational pillar is "There is no god but God". Muhammad himself rejected the moon god theory.

It's just common sense, but fundamentalists are rarely strong in that. Saying that the Islamic religion recognizes one Lord and Creator is a far cry from saying that therefore all Muslims are saved. But in the twisted fundi mind, everything is distorted to be used as ammo to advance an agenda of hate.

Edited by Justified Saint

You know what is funny, is that all of you so called "conservatives" have adopted the language of PC Liberals.

Theyve done that indoctrination quite well.

The Militant homosexuals used to be the only ones who screamed HATER, BIGOT! everytime someone disagreed with them.

Everyone is FULL of HATE that doesnt get on your universalistic, hippie kumbuyah, all religions lead to god, bus supposely.

Muslims do not worship Jehovah. They worship a false god. Go read the Koran and try and tell me again that their god is is the One true God.

The Koran by the way denies Jesus Christ directly in Surah 4, by saying that the god you worship is the same god as Islam, you have marked yourself as antichrist.

Justified Saint

[quote name='Budge' post='1046665' date='Aug 20 2006, 09:11 AM']
The Koran by the way denies Jesus Christ directly in Surah 4, by saying that the god you worship is the same god as Islam, you have marked yourself as antichrist.
[/quote]

I hear that the Jews rejected and denied Christ too. Do they worship moon gods as well?

[quote name='Justified Saint' post='1046632' date='Aug 20 2006, 08:17 AM']
But in Islam the foundational pillar is "There is no god but God". Muhammad himself rejected the moon god theory.

[/quote]

Again, sitting here stunned at the historical illiteracy of the Catholics here...

"moon god THEORY?"

Good grief man, are you REALLY that historically challenged?

Muhammad's FATHER was named Abd-'allah, SON OF ALLAH. And he died BEFORE Muhammad was even born. So, how could ALLAH be a NEW CREATION, when Muhammads FATHER and his GRANDFATHER both had references to an Allah in their names?

And you doubt the MOON god of Sin { the desert region around Mecca } named Allah { BEFORE Muhammad was born } is related to the MOON GOD?

[center] "Arabia was a pagan nation that worshipped over 300 gods. One of those was

the moon god named, al-ilah. Legend has it that the moon god mated with the

sun god and had two daughters, both of whom were worshipped as goddesses.

When Muhammad claimed to have had his ‘vision’ and ‘revelation’ from Gabriel

he chose al-ilah as the god to build his army around.

Muhammad shortened the name, al-ilah, to Allah, and declared that he alone

should be worshipped. He forbade the worship of the daughters.

To this day, a crescent moon can be found at the front of every mosque,

acknowledging that Allah was, and is the moon god...." 4[/center]

Justified Saint

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1046673' date='Aug 20 2006, 09:25 AM']
Again, sitting here stunned at the historical illiteracy of the Catholics here...

"moon god THEORY?"

Good grief man, are you REALLY that historically challenged?

Muhammad's FATHER was named Abd-'allah, SON OF ALLAH. And he died BEFORE Muhammad was even born. So, how could ALLAH be a NEW CREATION, when Muhammads FATHER and his GRANDFATHER both had references to an Allah in their names?

And you doubt the MOON god of Sin { the desert region around Mecca } named Allah { BEFORE Muhammad was born } is related to the MOON GOD?
[center] "Arabia was a pagan nation that worshipped over 300 gods. One of those was

the moon god named, al-ilah. Legend has it that the moon god mated with the

sun god and had two daughters, both of whom were worshipped as goddesses.

When Muhammad claimed to have had his ‘vision’ and ‘revelation’ from Gabriel

he chose al-ilah as the god to build his army around.

Muhammad shortened the name, al-ilah, to Allah, and declared that he alone

should be worshipped. He forbade the worship of the daughters.

To this day, a crescent moon can be found at the front of every mosque,

acknowledging that Allah was, and is the moon god...." 4[/center]
[/quote]

Why would I say that Allah was a new creation??? Muslims argue that the name of Allah had been abused by pagan worshippers. But no, once again the fundi imperialists need to tell Muslims "what they really believe"

BTW, Muhammad smashed the moon god idol Hubal (aka "Allah") -- "There is no god but God" Ever heard of that before?

[quote]BTW, Muhammad smashed the moon god idol Hubal (aka "Allah") -- "There is no god but God" Ever heard of that before? [/quote]

What is this?

[img]http://www.al-islam.org/gallery/photos/hajraswd.gif[/img]

When does it date to? What building is it attached to? Why does it have significance?

Edited by Eutychus