An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Challenge

Aloysius

Actually, there aren't really "countless" canonized saints in the church. they can easily be counted. there are countless non-popular non-canonized saints in heaven, however.

That said: the existence of anyone with a Christian belief system in any century would be recorded in history. Even if you think it's in some record of a Catholic persecution of them... where are these bible believing Christians? Were there any communities of them? If so, just name their locations.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1049223' date='Aug 23 2006, 07:20 PM']
Actually, there aren't really "countless" canonized saints in the church. they can easily be counted. there are countless non-popular non-canonized saints in heaven, however.

That said: the existence of anyone with a Christian belief system in any century would be recorded in history. Even if you think it's in some record of a Catholic persecution of them... where are these bible believing Christians? Were there any communities of them? If so, just name their locations.
[/quote]
excuse my hyperbole you nerd. hehe

why don't you count them for us: [url="http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/patron02.htm"]http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/patron02.htm[/url]

I'd guess that there are between five and six thousand if you include blesseds and venerables.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1048054' date='Aug 22 2006, 01:56 PM']
I take it that these insane diversions, ...are an indication of the fact that Al's challenge cannot be met. Regardless of the volume of inflammatory nonsense you seem able to conjure up, you lose. :yahoo:
[/quote]
Bravo!

Budge and Eutychus,
I really cannot take you seriously until you atleast attempt to answer Al's challenge with names, and not name calling.