DAF Posted September 6, 2006 Posted September 6, 2006 So how are we organizing this? Groups and team leaders and stuff.
veroni213 Posted September 6, 2006 Posted September 6, 2006 Sounds great, what's the time commitment like?
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted September 6, 2006 Posted September 6, 2006 I would like to join up as a crusader, group leader if you need one (but would rather not). I grew up with a Grandfather as a Baptist minister, a Grandfather as a Methodist minister, a mother who went to a Methodist Seminary, and a Father who was a Chaplains assistant in the Military. I attended the Foursquare Church growing up, and in college became the "Youth Pastor" (COC doesn't use titles) at a Church of Christ and was beginning Theological studies to take on the job of the "Associate Pastor" I converted to the Catholic Church three years ago now. I have taught a Class approved by my Archbishop on the Catechism for the college level, and have also taught elementary levels of religious ed. I have writtten a few theological/spiritual papers on things such as the Precious Blood, and the use of insence in the mass. And then had them looked over for errors by several Priests all who have called the writting "extremely Orthodox." I have also gained experience dealing with non-Catholic faiths since becoming Catholic in the form of. 1) My family, I have one Uncle and one cousin who are Catholic no-one else 2) Bars, I often find myself sitting at a table sourounded by new friends having truely cordial discussions on the Catholic faith, and defending Catholic doctine. 3) Through emails from those who choose to contact me after viewing my Blog www.xanga.com/climbkansas 4) Boy Scout Camp where I work as a Rock Climbing Director where I often spend weeks talking with LDS, and various other Protestant Christians who ask me about my faith I can admit that online it is easy to loose sight of charity, and I think the idea of a group working together is a wonderful idea. sorry this was long, but this sounds like something I really want to do
phatcatholic Posted September 7, 2006 Author Posted September 7, 2006 [quote name='rkwright' post='1056766' date='Sep 4 2006, 08:09 PM']I would love to give it a shot! I'm on the leadership of our apologetics group at school, but I'd feel most comfortable as a prayer warrior helping out on the apologetics when I get a chance![/quote][quote name='let_go_let_God' post='1056777' date='Sep 4 2006, 08:29 PM']I would like to help. I would like to apply to be a crusader, but I would also like to aid with prayer. I have been Catholic all of my life and helped teach Catechism and Catholic beliefs to students from elementary through college; this being my sixth year. This year I am one of four people in charge of our Catholic group on campus teaching and defending the Catholic faith. God bless- LGLG[/quote][quote name='jswranch' post='1056971' date='Sep 5 2006, 01:41 AM'] Sign me up as a crusader or a prayer guy. Perhaps you may wish to select one or two group leaders who then select their own team, based on your approval.[/quote][quote name='MIkolbe' post='1057056' date='Sep 5 2006, 12:29 PM'] I would love to join as well. I will fulfill any position you need. JMJ, Kolbe[/quote] rkwright, LGLG, jswranch, MIkolbe...............i need all of you all to choose the position you want to do the most. this will help us in prioritizing who goes where. also, if you did not share it, i need you all to tell me a little bit about your knowledge of catholicism and your experience sharing the faith with others. [quote name='Tindomiel' post='1057058' date='Sep 5 2006, 12:33 PM'] I was a crusader, and I still go on the forum to which I was assigned occasionally, but my group died within a couple of weeks. I later found that the thread for our group on phatmass had been deleted.... Could I possibly be assigned to a new one? [/quote] yes you may [quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' post='1057303' date='Sep 5 2006, 08:54 PM'] Thess... you are awesome. Phat, I'd love to help, but I'm afraid of committing and then running out of time. I haven't started my PSR classes yet, so who knows how crazy things will get once the semester really starts up. I just tend to get glued to debates and then post rather than doing my homework (which is not good). Maybe I could just jump in when someone really needs a hand?[/quote] we'll just make you a crusader and u can help out as much as you can. no pressure (for you anyway, since you've been at this for so long). [quote name='DAF' post='1057453' date='Sep 5 2006, 11:53 PM']So how are we organizing this? Groups and team leaders and stuff. [/quote][quote name='heavenseeker' post='1057539' date='Sep 6 2006, 12:32 AM']so how exactly is this going to work?[/quote] patience children, patience. right now i'm just giving people time to express interest. sometime towards the end of the month Era Might and I will get together w/ the confirmed list of everyone who is interested or who still wants to be a member and we will start making the groups. once we have the groups set up, we will assign each one to a website. once that is finalized, we will pm everyone and let them know which group they're in, what site they will be working on, and the password for the FBC board (so that you all can communicate with each other with privacy). all of this work will take place towards the end of the month. we want to have as many volunteers as possible. if you know anyone who would be a great crusader or a group leader, or someone who doesn't necessarily know alot but would benefit greatly from this experience, encourage them to join phatmass and to express interest in the project in this thread. in particular, we need solid and charitable catholics to be group leaders. pray about the type of commitment God is calling you to make to his Church. [quote name='TrueImage' post='1057515' date='Sep 6 2006, 12:22 AM']Sounds great, what's the time commitment like?[/quote] well, it depends. busier forums require more attention. you also have forums that don't necessarily have alot of members, but the ones who are there are really involved and they engage you alot. i ask people to check their group thread in the FBC board and check the forum they are assigned to at least once a day. just see what's up and where you are needed. if you enter into a debate or a conversation, try to keep up with it as best you can. just be responsible. more importantly: prioritize. this should not consume your every waking hour. i don't want it to. things like family, and school, and your prayer life should come first. also note that you will only get out of this experience what you put into it. i hope that answers everyone's questions so far. if you all need anything else, just let me know. oh, and get out there and bring me some recruits!!! pax christi, phatcatholic
ReinnieR Posted September 7, 2006 Posted September 7, 2006 i'll help out if i could. but i've been busy on filipino message boards hehe. oh and i'm moving too. right now my computer is still at the old place.
fatboyluis Posted September 7, 2006 Posted September 7, 2006 wikid FBC is bak and so am i with more time! lol good timing eh? anyways i was a prayer warrior b4 but then i joined miles Jesu for some time to discern but i have now left and believe i could be a crusader this time bt i shall pray too count me in! God Bless
MIKolbe Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 [quote name='phatcatholic' post='1058511' date='Sep 7 2006, 01:35 PM'] rkwright, LGLG, jswranch, MIkolbe...............i need all of you all to choose the position you want to do the most. this will help us in prioritizing who goes where. also, if you did not share it, i need you all to tell me a little bit about your knowledge of catholicism and your experience sharing the faith with others. [/quote] I gave PhatCatholic an email, but i suppose he wants an abbreviated version here... I've been Catholic all my life, 33yrs...geez maybe i'm too old! j/k I have been married for 6 years, and have a 4yr old little girl. I work for 2 Catholic apologists as their webmasters. It is a great experience to learn and serve. I would like to be a crusader, but i have never been one before; though i have had a few run throughs on Yahoo...nothing major though. I would happily step aside if needs are elsewhere. I have leadership experience, but not in a forum like this. Wherever there is a need, i will help. May Our Lady use me without reserve. JMJ, MIKolbe
Norseman82 Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 Well, I've been carrying the ball for our Church in the Christian Sportbike Association forum for about a year or so already (although I may be pushed out soon because I raised a stink about their adding a "sola scriptura" faith tenet earlier in the year), does that qualify me?
Tindomiel Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 [quote name='phatcatholic' post='1058511' date='Sep 7 2006, 04:35 PM'] yes you may [/quote] Thanks! :
heavenseeker Posted September 10, 2006 Posted September 10, 2006 (edited) dude hurry up, i cant wait to get started Edited September 10, 2006 by heavenseeker
heavenseeker Posted September 10, 2006 Posted September 10, 2006 (edited) sorry, multy posted Edited September 10, 2006 by heavenseeker
heavenseeker Posted September 10, 2006 Posted September 10, 2006 (edited) your just seeing things Edited September 10, 2006 by heavenseeker
heavenseeker Posted September 10, 2006 Posted September 10, 2006 (edited) ok so i like to post Edited September 10, 2006 by heavenseeker
Recommended Posts