An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Glaring Example Of Vaticanese

Budge

[quote][color="#660000"]2 Corinthians 6:13 (KJV) Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto [my] children,) be ye also enlarged.

14[b] Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. [/b][/color][/quote]

This is a NO BRAINER.

Below a NO BRAINER.

Kiddie Sunday School stuff.

I simply CANNOT believe that this baffles you Catholics.

KnightofChrist

Dude they never "address" anything you defeat them on, thats how you know you've own, when theres silence.

But anyhows....

pointless comment time!

We are Vaticanese if you please
We are Vaticanese if you don't please!

[img]http://homepage.mac.com/cpedraza/images/siamesecats1.jpg[/img]

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote]But did anyone address the unknown god thing? [/quote]

D'oh, for the terminally Christian challenged....sigh.

Paul USED the Athenian "UNKNOWN GOD" to ** LAUNCH ** a sermon on Jesus Christ, and why the pagans NEEDED TO BECOME CHRISTIANS. He did NOT pow-wow with them, jointly pray, give them equal standing, OR seek earthly "peace and prosperity" with the heathens for goodness sake.

I feel shabby having to get this LOW in explaining what should be Christianity 101 to the spiritually challenged.

Again, for the blind, deaf, and dumb....

[quote]14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 [color="#660000"][size=5]And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?[/size][/color][/quote]

Answer .... NONE.

Get it?

NONE AT ALL.

You CONVERT THEM, or leave them to their fate, eternal damnation. Now did Benny boy do that, nope. He mumbled Vaticanese that only a decoder equipped genius could decipher as his way of saying nothing whatsoever of consequence.

:shock: ;) OK Pirate man, you satisfied? Have you BEEN ANSWERED sufficiently? :sadder: :P:

[quote]The more than 200 religious leaders had not come to "pray together" -- that would be theologically problematic, since, according to Vatican officials, joint prayer presupposes agreement on the nature of the God being addressed -- but "to be together and pray."[/quote]
Basic knowledge of the English language is all that is needed here, no "decoder rings" or any other such nonsense.

Christians are not praying non-Christian prayers, but simply praying at the same location as non-Christians.

(I suppose Paul had no business in that pagan temple among the heathens, but should have stayed back in church with the Saved.)

Apparently ONE Roman Catholic has his brain in the ON POSITION...

[quote]by Bishop Hay:

Quote:

[u][b](3.) That it is always criminal to seem to approve or profess any false religion, whether this be done by words, signs, or actions; because to approve a false religion, even in appearance, or before men, is a tacit condemnation of the true, is a dangerous lie, dishonourable to God, and a scandal to our neighbour.[/b] [/u]

Hence when the persecuting heathen king required the venerable old man Eleazar to eat swine's flesh, contrary to the law, as a sign of his denying his religion, "he", says the scripture, "choosing rather a most glorious death than a hateful life, went forward of his own accord to the torment"; and when some of his friends, moved with a false compassion, proposed to bring him other flesh which the law allowed, that he might appear to have eaten swine's flesh in obedience to the king, and so save his life, "he answered without delay......saying he would rather be sent into the other world; for it doth not become our age, said he, to dissemble, whereby many young persons......through my dissimulation, and for a little time of a corruptible life, should be deceived, and I thereby bring a stain and a curse upon my old age; for though, for the present time, I should be delivered from the punishment of men; yet should I not escape the hand of the Almighty, neither alive nor dead......and he was forthwith carried to execution," 2 Mach. 6:19.[/quote]

And another well known Catholic IS IN OPPOSITION TO THE SPIRIT OF THE ANTICHRIST { James writes } and stated things correctly:

[quote]Saint Francis Xavier, the apostle to India, said of Hinduism:

[color="#660000"]“[b]All the invocations of the pagans are hateful to God because all their gods are devils.”[/b][/color][/quote]

One does NOT worship in the same conference that YOU invited all the DEVILS too, even Francis Xavier knew that, and he was not a pope, just a simple monastic.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1059393' date='Sep 8 2006, 10:26 PM']
D'oh, for the terminally Christian challenged....sigh.

Paul USED the Athenian "UNKNOWN GOD" to ** LAUNCH ** a sermon on Jesus Christ, and why the pagans NEEDED TO BECOME CHRISTIANS. He did NOT pow-wow with them, jointly pray, give them equal standing, OR seek earthly "peace and prosperity" with the heathens for goodness sake.

I feel shabby having to get this LOW in explaining what should be Christianity 101 to the spiritually challenged.

Again, for the blind, deaf, and dumb....
Answer .... NONE.

Get it?

NONE AT ALL.

You CONVERT THEM, or leave them to their fate, eternal damnation. Now did Benny boy do that, nope. He mumbled Vaticanese that only a decoder equipped genius could decipher as his way of saying nothing whatsoever of consequence.

:shock: ;) OK Pirate man, you satisfied? Have you BEEN ANSWERED sufficiently? :sadder: :P:
[/quote]
Actually, no.

He told them the altar was to God. Our God.

Pagans had a belief in our God, albeit a flawed one.

I'm glad you're a genius, but let's not flaunt it, dear boy. It's unseemly, and the rest of us poor blind deaf and dumb folks is just gettin' ourselves all embarassed.

Smilies don't do as much as a good turn of phrase. They're a crutch, really. You'll find your contempt and sarcasm muscles atrophying if you overuse them.

I have never met a Christian as full of pride as Eutychus. In every statement he talks down to all the phatmassers like we are all idiots. I think you actually think that you are the final quote, interpretation (literal or symbolic whatever YOU decide) say so, on everything.

Does anybody else feel this way?

[quote]I have never met a Christian as full of pride as Eutychus. In every statement he talks down to all the phatmassers like we are all idiots [/quote]

You noticed....huh? :ninja:

[quote]Pagans[u] had a belief in our God,[/u] albeit a flawed one.[/quote]

So Buddha, Isis, Baal, Shiva, are the same god you worship, except with a few flaws?

Thanks for clarifying that...seriously...

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1059555' date='Sep 9 2006, 10:10 AM']
You noticed....huh? :ninja:
[/quote]

[[size=7]font=Arial Black]Gal 6:14
"But may I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."[/font][/size]

[size=4]Gen 35:2 Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that [were] with him, [b]Put away the strange gods that [are] among you,[/b] and be clean, and change your garments:[/size]

[size=4]Exd 20:3 [b]Thou shalt have no other gods before me[/b].[/size]

[size=4]Exd 23:32 [b]Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.[/b][/size]
[size=4]
Deu 6:14 [b]Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which [are] round about you[/b];[/size]
[size=4]
Deu 12:30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and [font="Arial Black"]that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? [/font]even so will I do likewise.[/size]