An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Came Out Of What You Are Going Into!

Budge

I was thinking about this the other day..

(for newbies remember I was a cradle Catholic, UU (Unitarian-Universalist for 13 years, back in Catholic Church very briefly before being saved and now a Baptist. I was seriously into UUism and considered a ministership but had other things in life that got in the way)
[u]
[b]UUs sees the world as one big mashed together mess, all gods as archetypes of God, all religions, symbols, practices, cultures all positive and good. We dabbled in everything from Hinduism to Theosophy to Buddhism. There was even a class for women on learning how to live through goddesses of other religions..[/b][/u].it was actually called CAKES FOR THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN. No distinction really made between TRUTH and lies as far as the spiritual realm goes. Spiritual truth is evolving. Human beings cant really know god, in a way, they only have their archetypes that all reach up to the one true God.

When I see Catholics making excuses for Dagon symbols, saying that Christians are wicked pagan-hunters. [u][b]This really brings it home to me that in some core way, todays Catholics believe as the UU does. All cultures are good. All symbols, signs, practices, are good and archeytpes towards God or Jesus.[/b][/u] Ever see a Catholic get into the Quetzocatl argument? (Some teach that Quetzocatl of the Aztecs was a fore-runner of Christ) "We have the evolving of spiritual truth through development of doctrines.", they will state.

There is little distinction made or knowledge of a ONE TRUE GOD as opposed to the other false gods, spriits of the world. Everything is seen as a one big mess. Every god really demon or false spirit of a false religion is seen as representative of God.

[u][b]Unitarian-Universalists also worship human reason. Oh that was a big word in my UU churches.[/b][/u] Conforming of God to human's will instead of God running the show.[b] We see that even science and evolution have taken precdent in Catholicism. I was never taught the other Biblical view of the world growing up Catholic but that Darwin was right.
[/b]

[u][b]Unitarian-Universalists deny the divine inspiration and authority of scripture[/b] .[/u] They claim that the Bible was the creation of men and that the Bible is full of contradictions. I had many a Unitarian minister say to me, that Bible is just a book full of legends, fables and good advice for living. Beyond that it is full of mistakes, contradictions, errors and more. Human reason is more the guide to follow.
[u][b]
Dont we see this here? Where the reason of the Magisterium comes first, where the divine inspiration of the Bible even if not totally downplayed like how UUs do it, is somewhat downplayed and we are told that the BIble is a LIMITED source of authority?[/b][/u]
[u][b]
When I see endless Catholics on here {about 90% of you} speak of pagan gods as being archtypes of God I know they have bought into the many liberal views sold in UUism.[/b][/u]

Here is another similarity,[u] [b]Salvation for being a UU was in good works too. Character development .[/b][/u] One popular saying when I was a UU, was "deeds not creeds", and what it meant was that we were to do everything to save this world, and change what we could while we were here. Often ministers would preach, well you may die and be no more but as long as we are here we should seek to change things for the better on earth. UUs are very social gospel oriented and take it to the extreme. I was involved in many volunteer pursuits and an wholly altrustic based career.

But I was thinking about Catholicism too. [u][b]They teach this too in their own way, one's goodness gets one to heaven[/b][/u] , the ones that get the most works done elevated as saints. When I was a Catholic kid I was never taught the true gospel and was taught that works wouild take me to heaven. We know even via their teaching of purgatory. Catholicism especially in America is a more social gospel. About a year ago, I got the new Social gospel phamplet they are passing out, the USCCB authored it. I will post on it, it is full of papal quotes. It had many of the same things I learned as a UU. "Globalization can be a force for good. We are here for the common good of man." Even the love of the UN within the Catholic church matches that of the UU. In the UU church it is not uncommon to have a UN flag in the sancturary of the UU church. And other liberal teachings and more.[u][b] One thing I noticed about this, is how life in this world, and of this world is much more important then the spiritual life.[/b][/u]

Today I understand why I ended up in the cult of Unitarian Universalism and I praise God daily I was taken out of two false religious systems.

One thing that woke me up while back in the Catholic Church was realizing how much overlapped with UUism in the Catholic church. And I saw even the changes that happened during my time out....

After I was saved, and knew Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour, God showed me even more.

The UU in many ways represents the micro-cosm of the NWO one world church, all religions accepted as ways to heaven, all gods of false religions equal to God--Allah [of Islam] definitely is seen as God too in UUism.

I CAME OUT OF WHAT YOU ARE GOING INTO.

UU symbol used in all UU churches teaching the oneness of all religions...

[img]http://www.uuwausau.org/History2_files/image010.jpg[/img]

Edited by Budge

Really? Still repeating the same mistakes of making your perception your own personal God. Typical of those who cannot discern hierachial truths. You're destined to drift from one denom to another as the whims of your beliefs blow. Looking for human rules and boundries so you can claim you 'possess the correct God'.
Sad really, and not really different than many here.

[quote]Really? Still repeating the same mistakes of making your perception your own personal God. Typical of those who cannot discern hierachial truths. You're destined to drift from one denom to another as the whims of your beliefs blow. Looking for human rules and boundries so you can claim you 'possess the correct God'.
Sad really, and not really different than many here[/quote]

You sound extremely UU right in that paragraph.

I was UU for many many years, it wasnt a short sojurn, and far from your claim I hopped from one denomination to another.

In fact the "YOU CANT LIMIT GOD", message was paramount in UU ministers who told me that God exsisted in other religions besides Christianity.

I do not look for human rules and boundaries, my guide is God's eternal word.

Thy Geekdom Come

This all operates on the premise that the Church is universalist. I already refuted your argument to that effect in another thread and you have yet to reply in that thread. Is part of your tactic just to wait until you hope everyone has forgotten the last time you couldn't prove your point and then bring it up again?

Groo the Wanderer

Aw man! I cry foul! I saw the title of the thread and thought we were going to dialogue about Walmart or Target.

Poo.

BTW - anyone else miss Kmart?

:lol:

[size=1]I LIKE TARGET!!!!!!!!!!

Why does Budge pick on Catholics all the Time? :cry:
She is like the mean bully at school that picks on the little cute kids cause she is jealous! :cry:
[/size]

There's a bit of a disconnect between the topic title and the content. Your complaints are mostly about UU beliefs. No one here is advocating UUism.

Maybe a more appropriate title would be, "I came out of what you aren't in!"

[quote name='Budge' post='1075607' date='Sep 26 2006, 01:23 PM']When I see Catholics making excuses for Dagon symbols, saying that Christians are wicked pagan-hunters. [u][b]This really brings it home to me that in some core way, todays Catholics believe as the UU does. All cultures are good. All symbols, signs, practices, are good and archeytpes towards God or Jesus.[/b][/u] Ever see a Catholic get into the Quetzocatl argument? (Some teach that Quetzocatl of the Aztecs was a fore-runner of Christ) "We have the evolving of spiritual truth through development of doctrines.", they will state. [/quote]Ironically, pop-culture often criticizes Spanish missionaries for [i]erasing[/i] Native American religion, not preserving it. Everyone wants to blame Catholics for something. Even if one criticism contradicts another...

Edited by Mateo el Feo

If you have read through Ut Unum Sint and came to this conclusion than I seriously doubt your intellegence, and your ability to interpret knowledge without your predetermined angle.

Laudate_Dominum

Budge hates the banner thing I made her. :weep:

That's ok, I wasn't all to happy with it myself, maybe I'll try making a better one. :yahoo:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1075834' date='Sep 26 2006, 03:22 PM']
for me?
[/quote]
haha, actually I really want to. I need some ideas cuz whenever I've set out to make you one I have a mental block. :sadder:

Actually Budge...and this is said in kindness and with my heart...I believe you are taking all your past hurts, confusions, and UU teachings; balling them all up together and taking it out on The Church that loves you and is waiting for you.

That is the best response I know to give you in this kind of debate thread. The title is a bit more than confusing.

Our Lord is patient. God Bless Budge.