An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Came Out Of What You Are Going Into!

Budge

[quote]Ever see a Catholic get into the Quetzocatl argument? (Some teach that Quetzocatl of the Aztecs was a fore-runner of Christ) "We have the evolving of spiritual truth through development of doctrines.", they will state.

[/quote]

However, this is not an official teaching, nor has it been endorsed in any way by the Church.

I have picked one intentional misrepresentation. I level the charge that is is intentional slander, meant to lead people away from the Catholic Church by dishonesty.

it's really nice that in this thread, Budge, you've respected dUSt by not using huge font sizes. but just in case you've missed the warning in other threads:

[u][b]TO BUDGE:[/b][/u]

dUSt (the webmaster and the guy who pays for your ability to post foolishness) has asked you not to use huge font sizes. please respect his request.

use the [b]bold feature[/b], the[u] underline feature[/u], the [i]italics feature[/i] or the [color="#FF0000"]colors feature. [/color] or[b][i] [u][color="red"]heck, all four![/b][/u][/color][/i]

[quote]If you have read through Ut Unum Sint and came to this conclusion[/quote]

This document per usual is just Rome exalting its throne and proclaiming it should be in charge of all Christian churches.

Christian unity to a Christian is unity in Jesus Christ, ie I know I am united to all born again Bible Christians.

Christian unity to a Catholic is submission to the Pope.

Ut Unum Sint is just the Revelation 17 gameplan of herding in all the DAUGHTERS who will submt to Rome.

I am not fooled....

[u][b]This is Rome's TRUE attitude towards REAL Christians.
[/b][/u]
From Speech by JPII
[quote]
3. In the area of Latin America, this need for ecumenical dialogue has become pressing, since we face the serious problem of the sects,[b] spreading like an oil slick [/b]and threatening to undermine the structure of faith in many nations.[/quote]

[url="http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP950905.htm"]JPII on THE PROBLEM OF SECTS--SECTS IS WHAT ROME CALLS BIBLE CHURCHES [/url]
[quote]
n his opening address at the Fourth General Conference of Latin American Bishops (CELAM), [b]the pope said the sects were like "rapacious wolves" devouring Latin American Catholics[/b] and "causing division and discord in our communities." This was a key point in a speech meant to give direction to the Latin American church for the coming decade.[/quote]

[url="http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:nmt_scm_fYsJ:www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1252/is_n20_v119/ai_12911257+Pope,+wolves+and+sects&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a"]LINK[/url]

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1076505' date='Sep 27 2006, 11:11 AM']
This document per usual is just Rome exalting its throne and proclaiming it should be in charge of all Christian churches.

Christian unity to a Christian is unity in Jesus Christ, ie I know I am united to all born again Bible Christians.

Christian unity to a Catholic is submission to the Pope.

Ut Unum Sint is just the Revelation 17 gameplan of herding in all the DAUGHTERS who will submt to Rome.

I am not fooled....

[u][b]This is Rome's TRUE attitude towards REAL Christians.
[/b][/u]
From Speech by JPII
[url="http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP950905.htm"]JPII on THE PROBLEM OF SECTS--SECTS IS WHAT ROME CALLS BIBLE CHURCHES [/url]
[url="http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:nmt_scm_fYsJ:www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1252/is_n20_v119/ai_12911257+Pope,+wolves+and+sects&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a"]LINK[/url]
[/quote]

Aren't conspiracy theories lovely? They have only one flaw...they're irrational.

[quote][b]Pope Urges New Effort To Curb 'Sects' in Latin America[/b]
Pontiff alludes to Protestants as "serious problem," calls for "resolute pastoral action" in reevangelization.

By Religion News Service | posted 4/20/01
Alluding to Protestant Pentecostalism, among other movements, [b]Pope John Paul II called religious sects a "serious problem" in predominantly Roman Catholic Latin America and urged the region's bishops to reevangelize their flocks.[/b]

"Resolute pastoral action is necessary to face [b]this serious problem[/b]," the pope told bishops belonging to the Pontifical Commission for Latin America, which met in Rome earlier this spring.

The 289 million Catholics in Latin America make up almost a third of the 1 billion Catholics worldwide, according to Vatican statistics. Protestant Pentecostals in Latin America have been attracting large numbers of Catholic converts in recent years.

According to William Taylor of the World Evangelical Fellowship's Missions Commission, the number of evangelicals in Latin America has grown from 50,000 in 1900 to about 64 million in 1997—about three-fourths of whom are Pentecostal or charismatic.

The bishops must face this challenge by "reviewing the pastoral methods employed, reinforcing the structures of communion and mission, and seeking results from the possibility of evangelization," John Paul said.

"You well know how important the presence of evangelizers can be," he said, "because where priests, nuns or laity tied to the apostolate are at work, the sects do not prosper.

"Faith, although being a gift of God, is not aroused or maintained without the mediation of evangelizers."[/quote]

[url="http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001/116/56.0.html"]LINK[/url]

Notice he did not address the Vooduns, Santerians, Columbres, and other hybrid pagan religions as a PROBLEM...

[img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/Images/048_IndianHeaddressBrazil_Gente_10-20-03.jpg[/img]

Edited by Budge

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1076518' date='Sep 27 2006, 11:26 AM']
[url="http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001/116/56.0.html"]LINK[/url]
[/quote]
So the pope calls for greater evangelization in the midst of Catholics falling away to other religions and you use that as evidence that the Church is universalist?

The two are diametrically opposed.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1076527' date='Sep 27 2006, 11:42 AM']
Evangalization to join the Catholic Church, is not preaching of the gospel.
[/quote]
Regardless of your false views on things, it's still not relevant to your claim that the Church is universalist. In fact, it still opposes such a claim.

Please stop referring to our church as the Catholic Church. Catholic Church or CC will be fine, thanks. (You leave out a great portion of the Church by singling out the Roman Rite)

Catholics themselves use Catholic Church.

I see that all the time.

I avoid terms like Romanist and Papist.

So please stop the nitpicking and try to remain on subject.

I think having 10 posts given to me on fonts yesterday was uncalled for especially since I didnt use many large fonts yesterday.

I know this is an escape hatch for you folks, to avoid dealing with the subjects of these threads, but it is boring and tiresome.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1076552' date='Sep 27 2006, 11:59 AM']

I see that all the time.

I think having 10 posts given to me on fonts yesterday was uncalled for especially since I didnt use many large fonts yesterday.

I know this is an escape hatch for you folks, to avoid dealing with the subjects of these threads, but it is boring and tiresome.
[/quote]
Catholics who don't realize that we're much more than Roman use Catholic Church. We're telling you that we're not the Catholic Church, so respect it.

This isn't nitpicking. You've been asked many times to stop using Catholic Church and you still use it, despite being edited and (presumably) warned.

This is anything but an escape hatch. We just want you to follow the rules.

Why would we need an escape hatch? You're not even making sense.

[quote name='Budge' post='1076552' date='Sep 27 2006, 11:59 AM']

I see that all the time.

[/quote]

It is not personal insults hurled at you Budge, just an attempt to get you to see that The Catholic Church is more than just one particular Rite. The posts on fonts are probably out of kindness for folks like me who have bad eyes. I can't read anything but plain text.

God Bless Budge....you've inspired me to get those bi-focals real soon :D:

Edited by Mary-Kathryn

Lets go back on topic....

{I wish people would stop hijacking my threads over quibbles, I have reduced my fonts, I think some will go ahead and find something NEW to complain about}

[quote]
The Unitarian faith is rooted in acceptance of other religions and beliefs.

By SUMAYYA AHMAD Staff Writer

Unitarian Universalism, a non-denominational faith that incorporates traditions from many backgrounds and faiths including Judaism, Islam and Hinduism, has a diverse following of faculty and students from all religions and backgrounds at USC.

Unitarian Universalism focuses on gratitude for blessings, which is the renewal of hope and service on behalf of justice. Its roots date back to 16th century Christian humanism and include 17th century reformers, such as the Pilgrims and Puritans.

"It's basically people coming together who can be of different faiths and different beliefs," said Nitin Joshi, a junior majoring in electrical engineering and founder and president of the Unitarian Universalists of the University of Southern California.

"We're coming together to answer questions, such as why we're here, how we create meaning in our lives, and how do we create justice in our society," he said.

Joshi, who was raised in a Hindu family, said that he was attracted to Unitarianism because of its acceptance of other faiths and search for spiritual answers. He said he became interested in the religion as a senior in high school, when a friend took him to a meeting.

"The whole concept of there being no one way has given me encouragement to learn about other religions," he said.

Joshi said that another Unitarian organization had been on campus last year, but he felt that it lacked organization and structure. He took over the leadership and holds meetings every Monday.

"Adopting one religion is close-minded. That is reverting to a state of blocking out other opinions that exist. It offers guidance on day-to-day life because you're learning from so many different sources," he said.

Heidi Hardt, a junior majoring in print journalism and international relations, grew up in a Unitarian family and said that the faith has taught her to be open-minded and not to judge others.

"For me, the most important thing about Unitarianism in my life is that it focused on acceptance and tolerance of all people," Hardt said.

Unitarian sermons are similar to those of traditional non-denominational Christian churches and sanctuaries, but these sermons are more like a guiding principle to assist people to find their own path, she said. The principles of Unitarianism serve as a guide for people to set up their own beliefs.

Unitarians celebrate religious holidays of different faiths and backgrounds, including Judaism, Islam and Christianity, Hardt said.

Many people attend Unitarian congregations, including atheists, agnostics, and gays, in addition to people of traditional faiths, such as Christianity and Judaism.

"It's an all-encompassing thing. I liked Unitarianism because my beliefs, no matter what they were, were going to be tolerated," Hardt said.
[u][b]
Jeanne Chuman, a junior majoring in physics and philosophy, is Roman Catholic and Unitarian. She said that a person can be Catholic and Unitarian at the same time because of Unitarianism's approach to spirituality.[/b][/u]

(I have realized that aspects of Catholicism exsist in the UU church definitely)
[u][b]
"I believe God is universal. It's always been to me that God is beyond all understanding. If you're trying to reach for a higher truth, you can't always reach that if you say that yours is the only way," Chuman said.

Chuman, who was raised Catholic said that she had friends of various faiths and has always been interested in religion. In college, she said she wanted to approach religion more critically and talk to people of different faiths.[/b][/u]

Dr. David Marsh, associate dean of the Rossier School of Education, is also Unitarian.

"I wanted a religion for me that cared about justice and equity, that cared a lot about fairness and talked about God as a powerful spirit, not so much as a person," Marsh said.

Marsh, who was raised in a Protestant tradition, became interested in Unitarianism as an adult. He said that he liked the sense of community and of people being together, rather than being isolated.

"Unitarianism comes down to your own questions and seeking out spiritual life," he said. "We create our own spiritual depths; we don't inherit from a creed or a book."[/quote]

[img]http://www.papal-concert-of-reconciliation.com/a_images/1head-li.jpg[/img]

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1076539' date='Sep 27 2006, 10:49 AM']
Please stop referring to our church as the Catholic Church. Catholic Church or CC will be fine, thanks. (You leave out a great portion of the Church by singling out the Roman Rite)
[/quote]

I agree Budge. If you HAVE to abbreviate, the correct abbreviation would be HCC for Holy Catholic Church...

:clap: