HeavenlyCalling

Here's the beautiful name and address of the monastery:

Monastery of the Little Flower of Jesus
75 Carmel Road
Buffalo, NY 14214

(716) 837-6499

Edited by Margaret Clare

HeavenlyCalling

Oh, by the way, pictures are always welcome, wether from Buffalo or any other suggested orders! :D: :P: :D: :P: :D: :P: :D: :P:

HeavenlyCalling

Oh, okay. I am going to call them, does anyone know a good time? I dont want to have the phone going off in the middle of their prayers. Thanks!

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1091535' date='Oct 14 2006, 09:50 AM']
Oh, okay. I am going to call them, does anyone know a good time? I dont want to have the phone going off in the middle of their prayers. Thanks!
[/quote]

Oh, don't worry about that. Monasteries get calls constantly... if they're unable to answer it I'm sure they have an answering machine to pick it up.

HeavenlyCalling

Okay, well that's good, I would have felt bad if I was interupting something, now I just have to wait for my mom to get of the phone with her friend!

HeavenlyCalling

Okay, not to post ten times in a row or anything, buuuuuuuuuuuut. I called the Carmel in Buffalo.
1. I ALWAYS, without fail call monestaries and convents when they are haveing a retreat weekend, always.
2. The good sisters currently have no heat or water because of the snow storm, please pray for them :sign: :bigpray:

Other then that everything was good, the nun who awnsered the phone asked me some questions after I gave my vocation spiel ( how many children are in your family, are you parents still alive, how old are you, ect.) and took down my number, saying she'd had someone call me when they weren't having technical difficulties :blush: . I think either my connection was bad (I was using a cell hpone), or the sister was a little hard of hearing (prolly the first :blush: )because she asked me to repeat things quiet a few times, but she was VERY nice :saint: . Just thought I'd let y'all know! :) :)

Glad that you got to talk to them! It's crazy about all the snow that Buffalo got and I hope they get heat and water back soon!

HeavenlyCalling

[quote]ThyHolyLove Posted Today, 08:49 PM
Glad that you got to talk to them! It's crazy about all the snow that Buffalo got and I hope they get heat and water back soon!
[/quote]

Me too! The nun I talked to said they might not call back for a few days, because they're so busy trying to get everything back to normal.

Oh, dear! That's too bad about the snow storm and no heat and water! I'm sure they're offering everything with joy for all the souls. I'm glad you got to call though. :) Please keep us updated on their condition.

Edited by Margaret Clare

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1091840' date='Oct 14 2006, 10:27 PM']
2. The good sisters currently have no heat or water because of the snow storm, please pray for them :sign: :bigpray:[/quote]
Greetings from Buffalo! I'm glad you were able to make contact with Carmel. The convent is on the north side of the city, which was hit very hard by the storm. Thanks to all for keeping the nuns in your prayers. Please also pray for all those in Buffalo who are still without electricity (about 200,000 people currently).

The weather has been mild ever since - the snow has melted and temperatures are in the low 50s, so that is a blessing. Our seminary is southeast of the city, so we fared much better and only had temporary outages.

I'll try to update this thread when things improve in North Buffalo. The Power Grid folks say it might be a week before power is restored up there, so definitely do not worry if you don't get a call from the Convent this week.

Blessings and Peace,
D.Be

Greetings from Buffalo and Kenmore- a small suburb of Buffalo.

I was without electricity and heat for two days, and I'm not complaining- many people are waiting still- it might take til Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm so glad you called Buffalo Carmel. From what I understood from an extern they're doing ok. Truly a house of saints, I recommend them highly. Any questions feel free to ask.

Hey, 3 cheers for all you guys in Buffalo for making it through this!

I was going through some of my vocation things, and came upon a few items from Buffalo, and realized the Mother's name there is spelled 'Miriam' not 'Myriam' Just thought I'd tell you. :j

Happy Lord's day to all, and happy feastday of St. Teresa, too! (or rather tomorrow for Teresa, since today is Sunday)

Edited by Margaret Clare

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='Margaret Clare' post='1092563' date='Oct 15 2006, 10:14 PM']
Hey, 3 cheers for all you guys in Buffalo for making it through this!

I was going through some of my vocation things, and came upon a few items from Buffalo, and realized the Mother's name there is spelled 'Miriam' not 'Myriam' Just thought I'd tell you. :j

Happy Lord's day to all, and happy feastday of St. Teresa, too! (or rather tomorrow for Teresa, since today is Sunday)
[/quote]

Wouldn't they have celebrated Madre Teresa today in Carmel? We Dominicans celebrate St. Dominic when it falls on a Sunday.

That's probably right. If your order celebrates St. Dominic when his feast falls on Sundays, I'm sure the Carmelites do too.

I think though that in general the Church usually moves (or even doesn't have them that year) feastdays that fall on Sundays, since the Lord's day "overrides" them, if that's the right word. Like for the breviary, I don't think I can do St. Teresa today, but maybe I could - I'm not sure. I know tomorrow would be St. Margaret Mary. :)

Edited by Margaret Clare